Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACE Transcript for Job Application?
A job I'm applying for has supplemental questions I must answer on the application. For education I can either choose highschool diploma or college; however, if i choose college I need to attach an official transcript. I've applied to TESU but have not transferred all my ACE credits there... even if I did, I don't have 25 business days to wait. Would purchasing an ACE transcript for myself and attaching that suffice? Has anyone had to deal with this scenario before?
why not just say high school graduate? Will it give you any advantages with putting college?
Collegelady2 Wrote:why not just say high school graduate? Will it give you any advantages with putting college?

It sure does have an advantage! College level will be better for you to enter into the application.
My suggestion is to get the ACE transcript and any others you have attended (if you have better grades).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OK thanks!

It does matter for this job since my boss won't even see the application on his desk until HR filters through hundreds of applications first.
TESU BA in Criminal Justice, 2018
TRCC Emergency Management Certificate, 2018
bjcheung77 Wrote:It sure does have an advantage! College level will be better for you to enter into the application.
My suggestion is to get the ACE transcript and any others you have attended (if you have better grades).

I've never put mine and I've had applications ask for it plenty of times. I guess I was always too ashamed I didn't finish college. Its never hurt me either way from getting a job I really wanted.
Joeman200 Wrote:OK thanks!

It does matter for this job since my boss won't even see the application on his desk until HR filters through hundreds of applications first.

What kind of job is it for?
Collegelady2 Wrote:why not just say high school graduate? Will it give you any advantages with putting college?

if college education didn't have any advantages in the job market, very few of us on this forum would be here.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:if college education didn't have any advantages in the job market, very few of us on this forum would be here.

Well of course but the poster doesn't have their degree yet so before the degree doesn't help that much?
You don't have to wait for 25 business days to get your TESU transcript; so you could just send what you have now, without the ACE courses, unless you have 0 credits there?

You might want to send the official TESU transcript, and the ACE transcript as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
mmmm

You may not be able to.

If all you have is an ACE transcript, the problem I have noticed is that there may be a blurb that says 'transcripts must be original and from an accredited institution'. If that is the case, then ACE will not suffice.

Far as which to mark, it is my understanding that those programs, from the employer-facing side, are capable of creating interview lists without manual intervention. They can set it so that applicants with greater values get higher preference. Therefore, if you list a long time at one job, that may weight differently than a person with three jobs in the same time period. Same same educational levels.

OP you were like I was - with college level courses, and no real transcript. Now, I am in TESU, and can get one from them. I got a lot of conflicting advice, including from some academics that told me until I got a masters, I couldn't call myself a graduate! (They considered as/bas as undergrad, and above that graduate..)

Also, it's hard to capture a 'I'm in process' status with the software set up stock. Stock setup up captures what you've gotten, not really what you're getting.

Apply for it, then put your college progress in as part of your cover letter?

Sorry that I'm really no help
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 455 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU CIS-194 Transcript vesparza15 3 587 10-13-2023, 10:47 AM
Last Post: vesparza15
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,344 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Lost transcript mlohjj 13 1,271 11-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Transcript hold at college. How to finish CS degree elsewhere? HawkofDarkness 35 2,843 10-18-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Alpha
  Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Live ashkir 0 1,203 10-14-2022, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Transcript Designations vintage_jacket 2 610 09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  My master "Omni Transcript" jsd 26 6,516 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  UMass Global / Brandman myPath Application and Transfer Experience? origamishuttle 8 2,040 01-27-2022, 05:47 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Application Requirements Inquiry bjcheung77 5 1,066 09-01-2021, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77