Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASVAB Study Advice?
dfrecore Wrote:Peterson's has a website that has many practice exams, the ASVAB being one of them. I have access to it for free through my local library system (San Diego County). Check your library system to see if it's available there. Also, ask a friend in the military, they have access to it as well through a DOD website. They may be able to help you get access.

gingerbeefE Wrote:jeeze, reviving a 7-year-old thread. Better off starting your own. There are several sections, any one in particular you need an 80 in? General? electrical? mechanical? I would just rent or buy some study books, lots of material that cover the sections out there.

+1 on this, exactly what I would do, I would add trying to find practice exams and just passing em too.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm pretty sure the poster that revived this thread is a bot. The post is an exact word for word copy paste of a sentence in the OP.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Someone at work just asked me how to pass the asvab. (I actually had to look here to see what everyone suggested). I took the asvab my senior year, didn't study for it at all and scored decent enough to go to the ARMY's LPN school. I don't remember it being very hard at all. Granted I was still in high school so that is probably why. My coworker is fluent in Turkish, Arabic etc and probably his language skills would be very wanted in the Army (he is a Christian refugee from Syria who wants to repay this country back by entering the armed services) but because of the conflict back home he wasn't able to finish his schooling and his math and English skills are not the best. He finally completed his GED. I figure the GED can't be that different from the asvab? Maybe even a bit easier? I think if he passed his GED, the Asvab might be similar or maybe even a bit easier? Has anyone here taken both? I took the asvab back in 93 so I am the wrong person to give him any advice. I saw above someone rec'd Peterson's website. THat is what I recommended to him. Or perhaps since he is fresh from taking and passing the GED he should just dive into the ASVAB?
When I am not studying - https://youtu.be/C-kk8xa0BLQ

MS in Public Health at SNHU in progress. Expected Grad Date - August 2017

Hardstyle Kettlebell Certified -2014, Ice Chamber Kettlebell Sport Certified - 2015

NCSF Personal Trainer -2010

Done! BS in LIBERAL STUDIES From Excelsior. Conferral Date - Dec 18, 2009!

Licensed Practical Nurse - 1996

Completed!
Military - 58 credits
Traditional - 12 credits
Clep - 21 credits
Excelsior Exams - Organizational Behavior(B), World Population (A), Ethics (A), Cultural Diversity (B),Psychology of A&A (A), Gerontology (B)
DSST -Drugs & Alcohol (A), Civil War (A), Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (A), Social Psychology (A)
Penn Foster- Info Lit (passed)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Legion research study Alpha 3 1,500 10-28-2022, 07:42 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASVAB Study Guides namwen 11 3,789 02-01-2019, 03:10 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AFOQT/ASTB audio book study material. morig 3 3,176 08-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: kodiak61
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,131 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Study resources for clep preppyboy 4 2,761 04-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: zapproximator
  FEMA Independent Study online classes for military service with GED kbk1061 18 3,251 09-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Advice on degree plan Joditd 1 932 09-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Joditd
  Any Advice On The Cdc creationstory 8 4,204 08-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Last Post: jonathonescalera
  Free practice test and study guides on ako tchaney88 0 1,242 06-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Last Post: tchaney88
  new to here and looking for some advice allen_phoenix 12 2,681 03-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Last Post: allen_phoenix