Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accountability thread: there are many like it, but this one is mine :)
Notgodot Wrote:In the Hail Mary department, I wrote an email to TESU, asking if there was any way they would consider my CLEP/DANTES scores from 20+ years ago, even though ETS doesn't keep records past 20 years. Doesn't hurt to ask. And I'm in the (slow) process of getting the A-Levels exams I took evaluated.

Do you have something showing your scores? How would they accept something there is no proof of?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Notgodot Wrote:Well then. I've decided on a degree from TESU, either the BSBA or the BALS. Since all the CLEPS credits (~30) I took many moons ago are more than 20 years old, they are no longer valid, or even recorded, and I'm starting from scratch.

This is disheartening. Which is why I'm starting this thread, to keep myself on track.

I've completed 2 courses so far, and will be taking my third exam in about three days. At first I was 100% certain I wanted the business degree, since that's what I have the most practical experience with; but after business law and principles of management, I realized the subject is joyless for me, which is contributing to me dragging my feet. So I am really considering switching over to the BALS, even though it will cost more. Money really is an issue, so I need to think hard.

To hedge my bets, I'll be going after General Education credits for the next while, which will give me time to consider further. The Shmoop history course was something I just flew through in six days, not trying very hard.

As I a m overseas, CLEP and DSST tests are quite difficult to access, and so I am focussing on Saylor, SL etc.

Next up after the Management exam, I plan on taking a look at ALEKS, starting with intro to algebra, and if it goes well enough, then college algebra and statistics. I depise and fear math, so hopefully not having an exam will alleviate some of the anxiety. It will also be good to have what I consider the hardest thing (for me personally) in my rear view mirror. For my own psychology, that would be a massive win.

So, uh, yeah. Accountability post #1 complete. #2 to come after I take and hopefully pass Principles of Management on Friday.

Hi,
I am also overseas with CLEP and DSST centers far and proctor fees costing more than the exam. I am trying to figure out how to navigate and get a degree. I was wondering why did you choose TESU over COSC? Is it easier to work with when overseas than COSC? thanks!
I have two "official education office" copies and two "examinee's" copies that were included in my file when I left the army. I also have two photocopies of results, but even *I* wouldn't take those. So out of the six CLEPS, I'm hoping they'll consider 4.
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
frostedfire Wrote:Hi,
I am also overseas with CLEP and DSST centers far and proctor fees costing more than the exam. I am trying to figure out how to navigate and get a degree. I was wondering why did you choose TESU over COSC? Is it easier to work with when overseas than COSC? thanks!

Hello! Originally I wanted to test out of everything, and only TESU's BSBA in general mgmt allows that. When I changed my mind and decided on the BALS, TESU still seemed the best choice regarding what they would accept for credit.

Do keep in mind that COSC still accepts FEMA credits, though!

A plague descended on my house at the beginning of October, and no one was spared. Still, I've managed to complete 1/3 of the TEEX free courses and 2/3 of the NFA courses. Just passed Saylor's Principles of Marketing, and have Intro to Business scheduled for Monday morning. I now stand at 21 credits.

Two things I learned so far this month:

1) Proctor U will let you reschedule an exam multiple times with out charge
2) NFA is really slow about confirming credits with ACE.
3) (bonus, ha!) Studying with a high fever is... weird. I don't recommend it.

Notgodot Wrote:A plague descended on my house at the beginning of October, and no one was spared. Still, I've managed to complete 1/3 of the TEEX free courses and 2/3 of the NFA courses. Just passed Saylor's Principles of Marketing, and have Intro to Business scheduled for Monday morning. I now stand at 21 credits.

Two things I learned so far this month:

1) Proctor U will let you reschedule an exam multiple times with out charge
2) NFA is really slow about confirming credits with ACE.
3) (bonus, ha!) Studying with a high fever is... weird. I don't recommend it.

There are only 2 NFA courses that are ACE-recommended now - Q137 expired in 2013, but for some reason ACE didn't have it that way in their system.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:There are only 2 NFA courses that are ACE-recommended now - Q137 expired in 2013, but for some reason ACE didn't have it that way in their system.

Ah, well. I wasn't looking forward to hydraulic calculations anyway Smile

Well, work decided to get crazy busy, but have managed to get the Study.com 'scholarship' -- $600 savings is a real blessing for me. Have completed the Personal Finance units, all that's left is the test. Then I'll knock out the Vietnam War course, and that'll be my two study.com classes for the month. I've also gotten myself ready for Saylor's Intro to Business, Western Political Thought, Corporate Communication & Environmental Ethics, so with a little luck, that'll be 18 credits before Christmas.

Next month I want to finish the final three Saylor courses I plan to take: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Comparative Politics. I'll do Earth Science and Geology at Study.com to fill out the Gen Ed requirements, and then start on the Shmoop (both US Histories, and every literature course they offer for credit.)

Social life, smocial life Smile

If you have the Study.com scholarship and you are doing a BALS from TESU, you might consider doing some of their upper level liberal studies credits.
Business 113: Business Communication = TESU COM-300 : Introduction to Business Communication
History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War = TESU HIS-351 : A History of Vietnam War
Psychology 104: Social Psychology = TESU PSY-370 : Social Psychology
Psychology 105: Research Methods in Psychology = TESU PSY-322 : Research in Exp Psych
Psychology 106: Abnormal Psychology = TESU PSY-350 : Abnormal Psychology
Biology 103: Microbiology = TESU BIO-351 : Microbiology
Biology 106: Pathophysiology = TESU BIO-316 : Pathophysiology
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Saylor's Corporate Communication counts as COM-373 Managerial Communications while Study.com's counts as COM-300 Intro to Business Communications, so they would not duplicate credits even if a lot of the material overlaps.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation My very own "I'm Finished!!!" thread boalex207 13 2,521 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: topdog98
Question My Accountability Thread tobyisking 3 1,458 04-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: tobyisking
  I finally get to create this thread...! Joeman200 9 1,951 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Crouchie's Accountability Thread bjcheung77 2 1,076 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,339 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  In 35yrs & <30 days I Can Almost See the Finish Line (Accountability/Gratitude) studiousimp 7 2,594 08-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: studiousimp
  My I'm done thread!!! hed1979 9 2,445 08-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Last Post: jlearn25
  Another "need advice please" thread :) LifeWith6 4 1,504 05-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My BA is Official Thread... and a BIG Thanks! Mamasaphire 22 2,548 03-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cypster
  TESU business degree plan (thread probably exists, just not finding it) Kjnova 9 2,363 02-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: inkleind