Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accountability thread: there are many like it, but this one is mine :)
And while I'm at it, I think we've had good reviews of Saylor Biology, Chemistry, and Mechanics for your science credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Yes, I'm working towards the BALS. I'd already planned on the Vietnam War course, and then in January Social Psychology and Abnormal psychology. I'm hoping that Saylor's Principles of Management and Principles of Marketing are considered UL for their liberal studies, as I've got them in the bag already. Saylor's Corporate Communication should be in the LS area as well, and I'm hoping that some of the Shmoop literature courses will transfer in as UL (Women's Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Modernist Lit, Lit in the Media).

If my luck is completely out, I'll have to go back to Study.com and take some more UL credits, or maybe a TECEP or two Smile But I'm nearly as science-phobic as I am math-phobic, so I really want to take the study.com Geology and Earth science, as that's the only branch of physical/natural science that makes any kind of inherent sense to me Big Grin
TESU BALS Humanities, thanks to this place!

The mind is willing, but the wallet is weak.
KayV Wrote:If you have the Study.com scholarship and you are doing a BALS from TESU, you might consider doing some of their upper level liberal studies credits.
Business 113: Business Communication = TESU COM-300 : Introduction to Business Communication
History 308: Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War = TESU HIS-351 : A History of Vietnam War

I would recommend doing the History 108- Vietnam War course instead. They both come into TESU as HIS-351 but the 108 course is shorter and does not include a project. That class is passable in a day or two.
Notgodot Wrote:If my luck is completely out, I'll have to go back to Study.com and take some more UL credits, or maybe a TECEP or two Smile But I'm nearly as science-phobic as I am math-phobic, so I really want to take the study.com Geology and Earth science, as that's the only branch of physical/natural science that makes any kind of inherent sense to me Big Grin

Study.com has a great number of courses that are lower level according to them but come in as upper level to TESU. The good thing about these courses is that they are just quizzes and final. No project needed. I have 6 of these types of courses currently in my plan and I know there are others that won't work for me.
Yes, I love study.com. I just wish they were a little cheaper. I know they aren't the most expensive out there, of course, but I've got a limited budget (still not sure how I'm going to pay for the capstone or the out of state, but I'll set those bridges on fire after I come to them Big Grin)

That's very good to know about History 108- Vietnam War, Ndelcollo, thanks!

Principles of Management and Marketing usually count as business, not liberal studies.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:Principles of Management and Marketing usually count as business, not liberal studies.

Yeah, I'm thinking that. Just had a little hope as Principles of Management is a required course for the BALS General Management concentration, and the Principles of Marketing might transfer in as a MAR course, like the Marketing Communications TECEP, which is in their list of Liberal Studies courses. Longshots, I know, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Never hurts to apply.
Thomas Edison State University offers scholarships to adults who are finishing their degree, including military students, wounded warriors, nurses and graduate students

http://www2.tesu.edu/Outside-Scholarships/index.php
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
KayV Wrote:Never hurts to apply.
Thomas Edison State University offers scholarships to adults who are finishing their degree, including military students, wounded warriors, nurses and graduate students

Outside Scholarships

Wow, thanks for the tip! I'm definitely going to apply.

In other news, just took the Personal Finance exam, and barring any problems, passed with 90%. Now on to History 108!

So while I was in the Army, I took a few CLEP tests. When I looked into getting them transfered to TESU, ETS (the company that administers the tests) informed me that they did not keep records beyond 20 years. I was unhappy, but buckled down to complete my degree from scratch.

Last night I stumbled across this:

https://www.goarmyed.com/public/public_p...ripts.aspx

The Army should have at least some of my transcripts, though records from before 1994 are apparently spotty/missing. If all of my CLEP scores show up, that's 24 credits, according to the TESU database: Humanities (6), English Comp (6), American Lit (6), and Anaysis & Interpretation of Lit (6). Plus whatever credits my actual service might earn me. Damn near a year's worth of credit.

Thoughts/prayers/good vibes/bribes in my name all are appreciated Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation My very own "I'm Finished!!!" thread boalex207 13 2,523 06-27-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: topdog98
Question My Accountability Thread tobyisking 3 1,461 04-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: tobyisking
  I finally get to create this thread...! Joeman200 9 1,953 03-17-2018, 09:18 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Crouchie's Accountability Thread bjcheung77 2 1,077 01-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,350 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  In 35yrs & <30 days I Can Almost See the Finish Line (Accountability/Gratitude) studiousimp 7 2,609 08-29-2017, 08:16 AM
Last Post: studiousimp
  My I'm done thread!!! hed1979 9 2,446 08-09-2017, 11:20 AM
Last Post: jlearn25
  Another "need advice please" thread :) LifeWith6 4 1,506 05-25-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My BA is Official Thread... and a BIG Thanks! Mamasaphire 22 2,554 03-23-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cypster
  TESU business degree plan (thread probably exists, just not finding it) Kjnova 9 2,370 02-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: inkleind