Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accrediting Council for Independent College and Schools
Johann Wrote:GREAT! Folks over at ACCET and ACCSC (and to some extent DEAC) should plan for extra phone lines. The good will apply - the bad will die.

Yes, I agree, majority will go to those two/three mentioned and many more will try to go the RA route before they try this, the ones who fail RA will test their options with ACCET, ACCSC and DEAC, and if these fail... it's time to close shop for good.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(03-11-2021, 12:42 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Johann Wrote:GREAT! Folks over at ACCET and ACCSC (and to some extent DEAC) should plan for extra phone lines. The good will apply - the bad will die.

Yes, I agree, majority will go to those two/three mentioned and many more will try to go the RA route before they try this, the ones who fail RA will test their options with ACCET, ACCSC and DEAC, and if these fail... it's time to close shop for good.

No they won't. Most (or likely all) would NEVER qualify for "the-accreditation-formerly-known as RA." And they KNOW it. Even if they could qualify (and they can't) a lot don't have the kind of financial resources necessary to get and keep it, either. On top of that, only the topmost of these schools could reasonably expect approval from DEAC, either. And many, even if they're good at what they do, are not DEAC's type - they're vo-tech schools teaching skills that need hands-on, with on-ground locations - the D in DEAC stands for DISTANCE. DEAC mandates that a high portion (I forget exactly how high) of an applicant's educational offerings must be by distance.

Many are ACCET and ACCSC's kind of schools. How many of the ACICS schools are good enough to pass their tests - I have no idea. But yes, there will definitely be some doors closing. You can bet on that.
(03-11-2021, 02:01 PM)Johann Wrote: No they won't. Most (or likely all) would NEVER qualify for "the-accreditation-formerly-known as RA." And they KNOW it. Even if they could qualify (and they can't) a lot don't have the kind of financial resources necessary to get and keep it, either. On top of that, only the topmost of these schools could reasonably expect approval from DEAC, either. And many, even if they're good at what they do, are not DEAC's type - they're vo-tech schools teaching skills that need hands-on, with on-ground locations - the D in DEAC stands for DISTANCE. DEAC mandates that a high portion (I forget exactly how high) of an applicant's educational offerings must be by distance.

Many are ACCET and ACCSC's kind of schools. How many of the ACICS schools are good enough to pass their tests - I have no idea. But yes, there will definitely be some doors closing. You can bet on that.

DEAC is 51% on distance minimums. One fascinating development along those lines is a school in application status currently, the Southwest University of Naprapathic Medicine, whose leadership recently succeeded in getting a Naprapathic Practice Act passed in New Mexico (the only other state to license the discipline in Illinois), and they are offering a Chiropractic adjacent DN/Doctor of Naprapathic Medicine via 51% distance learning. I look forward to seeing them (hopefully) get accredited.
I had to go into the Annual Report in order to find a listing of all the schools they accredit (as of 08-20)  Sorry for the formatting issues

Arkansas  Bryan University, Rogers    California  Agape College of Business and Science, Fresno  Bay Area Medical Academy, San Francisco  Bergin Univeristy of Canine Studies, Penngrove  Beverly Hills Design Institute, Beverly Hills  California Aeronautical University, Bakersfield  California Aeronautical University, Ventura  California University of Management and Sciences,  Anaheim  Empire College, Santa Rosa  Laurus College, Oxnard  Laurus College, San Luis Obispo  Lincoln University, Oakland  Merit University, Los Angeles  Nobel School of Business, Los Angeles  Nobel School of Business ‐ Buena Park  Pacific States University, Los Angeles  San Diego Global Knowledge University, San Diego  Santa Barbara Business College, Bakersfield  Santa Barbara Business College, Rancho Mirage  Southern States University, Irvine  Southern States University, San Diego    Connecticut  American Institute of Healthcare & Technology, Stratford    District of  Columbia  Bay Atlantic University, Washington  Inter‐American Defense College, Washington   
Florida  Bethesda College of Health Sciences, Boynton Beach  College of Business & Technology, Cutler Bay  College of Business & Technology, Hialeah  College of Business & Technology, Miami  Gwinnett Institute, Orlando  Hope College of Arts & Sciences, Pompano Beach  Jose Maria Vargas University, Pembroke Pines  Marconi International University, Inc., Miami  Millennia Atlantic University, Doral  Premiere International College, Fort Myers  San Ignacio University, DORAL  Schiller International University, Largo  Southern Technical College, Fort Myers  Southern Technical College, Port Charlotte  Southern Technical College, Tampa  Suncoast College of Health, Bradenton  United International College, Miramar    Georgia  Gwinnett College, Lilburn  Pacific Institute of Technology, Atlanta    Illinois  National Latino Education Institute, Chicago    Maryland  Stratford University Baltimore Campus, Baltimore    Missouri  Bryan University, Springfield    Nevada  Southern States University ‐ Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas   

New Jersey  Best Care College, East Orange  Eastwick College, Hackensack  Eastwick College, Nutley  Eastwick College, Ramsey    New York  Emerging Technologies Institute, Forest Hills    North Carolina  Living Arts College @ School of Communication Arts,  Raleigh  Living Arts Institute @ School of Communication Arts,  Winston Salem    Ohio  Hondros College of Business, Westerville    Oregon  Process Work Institute, Portland    Pennsylvania  Pittsburgh Career Institute, Pittsburgh    Puerto Rico  Atlantic University College, Guaynabo  Humacao Community College, Humacao  The Puerto Rico School of Nurse Anesthetists, Hato Rey     
South Carolina  Forrest College, Anderson    Texas  Texas Health and Science University, Austin  Texas Health and Science University‐ San Antonio     Utah  Broadview University‐West Jordan, West Jordan    Virginia  California University of Management and Sciences, Fairfax  Fairfax University of America, Fairfax  Stratford University, Falls Church  Stratford University, Woodbridge  Stratford University – Alexandria, Alexandria  University of North America, Fairfax    International  American International College of Arts and SciencesAntigua, St. John's  American University In Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla  ISDI, Madrid  Niels Brock Copenhagen Business College, Copenhagen   Schiller International University, Heidelberg  Schiller International University, Madrid  Schiller International University, Paris  Stratford University – New Delhi, Utter Pradesh  Universidad San Ignacio De Loyola S.A., Lima  Universidad San Ignacio Loyola, Lima  Universidad San Ignacio Loyola, Magdalena
(03-11-2021, 03:08 PM)Alpha Wrote: I had to go into the Annual Report in order to find a listing of all the schools they accredit (as of 08-20)  Sorry for the formatting issues

Arkansas  Bryan University, Rogers    California  Agape College of Business and Science, Fresno  Bay Area Medical Academy, San Francisco  Bergin Univeristy of Canine Studies, Penngrove  Beverly Hills Design Institute, Beverly Hills  California Aeronautical University, Bakersfield  California Aeronautical University, Ventura  California University of Management and Sciences,  Anaheim  Empire College, Santa Rosa  Laurus College, Oxnard  Laurus College, San Luis Obispo  Lincoln University, Oakland  Merit University, Los Angeles  Nobel School of Business, Los Angeles  Nobel School of Business ‐ Buena Park  Pacific States University, Los Angeles  San Diego Global Knowledge University, San Diego  Santa Barbara Business College, Bakersfield  Santa Barbara Business College, Rancho Mirage  Southern States University, Irvine  Southern States University, San Diego    Connecticut  American Institute of Healthcare & Technology, Stratford    District of  Columbia  Bay Atlantic University, Washington  Inter‐American Defense College, Washington   
Florida  Bethesda College of Health Sciences, Boynton Beach  College of Business & Technology, Cutler Bay  College of Business & Technology, Hialeah  College of Business & Technology, Miami  Gwinnett Institute, Orlando  Hope College of Arts & Sciences, Pompano Beach  Jose Maria Vargas University, Pembroke Pines  Marconi International University, Inc., Miami  Millennia Atlantic University, Doral  Premiere International College, Fort Myers  San Ignacio University, DORAL  Schiller International University, Largo  Southern Technical College, Fort Myers  Southern Technical College, Port Charlotte  Southern Technical College, Tampa  Suncoast College of Health, Bradenton  United International College, Miramar    Georgia  Gwinnett College, Lilburn  Pacific Institute of Technology, Atlanta    Illinois  National Latino Education Institute, Chicago    Maryland  Stratford University Baltimore Campus, Baltimore    Missouri  Bryan University, Springfield    Nevada  Southern States University ‐ Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas   

New Jersey  Best Care College, East Orange  Eastwick College, Hackensack  Eastwick College, Nutley  Eastwick College, Ramsey    New York  Emerging Technologies Institute, Forest Hills    North Carolina  Living Arts College @ School of Communication Arts,  Raleigh  Living Arts Institute @ School of Communication Arts,  Winston Salem    Ohio  Hondros College of Business, Westerville    Oregon  Process Work Institute, Portland    Pennsylvania  Pittsburgh Career Institute, Pittsburgh    Puerto Rico  Atlantic University College, Guaynabo  Humacao Community College, Humacao  The Puerto Rico School of Nurse Anesthetists, Hato Rey     
South Carolina  Forrest College, Anderson    Texas  Texas Health and Science University, Austin  Texas Health and Science University‐ San Antonio     Utah  Broadview University‐West Jordan, West Jordan    Virginia  California University of Management and Sciences, Fairfax  Fairfax University of America, Fairfax  Stratford University, Falls Church  Stratford University, Woodbridge  Stratford University – Alexandria, Alexandria  University of North America, Fairfax    International  American International College of Arts and SciencesAntigua, St. John's  American University In Bosnia and Herzegovina, Tuzla  ISDI, Madrid  Niels Brock Copenhagen Business College, Copenhagen   Schiller International University, Heidelberg  Schiller International University, Madrid  Schiller International University, Paris  Stratford University – New Delhi, Utter Pradesh  Universidad San Ignacio De Loyola S.A., Lima  Universidad San Ignacio Loyola, Lima  Universidad San Ignacio Loyola, Magdalena

What South Harmon Institute of Technology isn't listed? That place sounds far more legit than many of these. Best Care College? That sounds like the toilet paper used in dorms. Bergin Institute of Canine Studies....is this a grooming school? Beverly Hills Design Institute sounds like where Donna Martin and Kelly Taylor went to college following graduation from West Beverly Hills High. This is entertaining and sad at the same time.
South Harmon is a SHAM! <as I mentioned in 2018 err, 2/18 of 2019> https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid281818 - is it me or does the numbers to the postid pid=281818#pid281818 have a few 8's in them? LOL...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-11-2021, 06:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What South Harmon Institute of Technology isn't listed? That place sounds far more legit than many of these. Best Care College? That sounds like the toilet paper used in dorms. Bergin Institute of Canine Studies....is this a grooming school? Beverly Hills Design Institute sounds like where Donna Martin and Kelly Taylor went to college following graduation from Beverly Hills High. This is entertaining and sad at the same time.

South Harmon IT is far too prestigious an institution to be involved with ACICS. Tongue

Best Care is a nursing school even... and it appears to have zero admission standards (no GPA req, no pre-req courses, no admissions test, nada). Just be able to pay $2k/$3k to start. Comforting isn't it? (Especially with a plague.)

Bergin is sorta interesting at least, they appear to focus on service dogs/dog training. Very small school, under 50 students, looks like 5-6 faculty (including Dr. Begin herself). They accept SDC courses for electives. Big Grin

I also noticed a lot of the ACICS schools have English as a second language departments (including BHDI). Several seemed to target Chinese students especially.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbinghamjr's post:
  • DeanLewis
(03-11-2021, 07:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: South Harmon is a SHAM! <as I mentioned in 2018 err, 2/18 of 2019> https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid281818 - is it me or does the numbers to the postid pid=281818#pid281818 have a few 8's in them? LOL...

Hey rumor has it that they have the best ever chocolate wads! An explosion of flavor. 

(03-11-2021, 07:59 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 06:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote: What South Harmon Institute of Technology isn't listed? That place sounds far more legit than many of these. Best Care College? That sounds like the toilet paper used in dorms. Bergin Institute of Canine Studies....is this a grooming school? Beverly Hills Design Institute sounds like where Donna Martin and Kelly Taylor went to college following graduation from Beverly Hills High. This is entertaining and sad at the same time.

South Harmon IT is far too prestigious an institution to be involved with ACICS. Tongue

Best Care is a nursing school even... and it appears to have zero admission standards (no GPA req, no pre-req courses, no admissions test, nada). Just be able to pay $2k/$3k to start. Comforting isn't it? (Especially with a plague.)

Bergin is sorta interesting at least, they appear to focus on service dogs/dog training. Very small school, under 50 students, looks like 5-6 faculty (including Dr. Begin herself). They accept SDC courses for electives. Big Grin

I also noticed a lot of the ACICS schools have English as a second language departments (including BHDI). Several seemed to target Chinese students especially.

Too prestigious is frightening! 

That has to be a joke of nursing school. 

The dog school might actually be one of the best schools on the list! 
(03-11-2021, 04:16 PM)bitherlord Wrote: I can't believe how many weird ****** up schools there are in the USA that are allowed to operate. From profit schools (first time hearing of those) to boarding schools who abuse teenagers...

For profit simply means that the school is a corporation. It sells education and makes money on it. Not necessarily evil, although many would contradict me on that. A lot of non-US countries have it too - Malaysia, for one. 

It's common - and a term you'll hear a lot around here; I notice you're new on the forum. 

For a list of many, many US for-profit schools, including names you will likely recognize, go here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fo...d_colleges

And welcome to Degreeforum!
(03-12-2021, 05:55 AM)bitherlord Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 04:16 PM)bitherlord Wrote: I can't believe how many weird ****** up schools there are in the USA that are allowed to operate. From profit schools (first time hearing of those) to boarding schools who abuse Speed Testteenagers...

Man, I can't believe how many weird ****** up schools there are in the USA that are allowed to operate. From profit schools (first time hearing of those) to boarding schools who abuse teenagers...

I'm not sure which schools you're talking about but I don't know that anyone is actually in favor of schools abusing children.  Where is that coming from?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,089 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation Schools that list A+'s on transcript in any way? JumbledSpirit 3 295 02-19-2024, 06:23 PM
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 197 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 436 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 308 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 620 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 178 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 199 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP