Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Enlistment Military Credit
Do they accept a direct ACE transcript? This forum has many low cost credits so do some searches. The time issue is your enemy.
varJosh Wrote:Army. 48 credits is E-3.

In order to receive credit for college semester hours or college degrees awarded, the college or university must be listed in the American Council on Education's Accredited Institutions of Postsecondary Education (AIPE), which include schools like Penn Foster and even Taft Law School, as well as many recommended by ACE and others accredited by DEAC.

I'm hoping to be cheap and fast with these credits, thus the reason I am asking the forum for help. I can afford up to $2000 for these course, but I'd rather not. It would pay off in the end, enlisting into a higher paygrade and being that much closer to my degree, but it would be easier on my family for me o find the best value.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

Life Long Learning Wrote:Do they accept a direct ACE transcript? This forum has many low cost credits so do some searches. The time issue is your enemy.

That was initially what I was looking for when I searched the AIPE website and Army Forum, but I believe the credits must be transcribed by one of the colleges on the AIPE website. I was hoping that I'd find Davar, Straighter line, Saylor.. etc.. on there, but they just aren't, so I checked degree forum and discovered COSC as a well as other school would accept FEMA courses, but was curious which best fit my budget and timeframe. I understand some schools have credit banks, but again I am unsure how the course I transfer in would look on their transcripts.
The fastest way to replace them? ALEKS, Straighterline, Study.com, Shmoop, etc... You can do a class in a day.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Here's another idea: the West Virginia Northern Community College Board of Governors AAS.
Programs of Study > Board of Governors A.A.S. Degree Completion Program | WVNCC | West Virginia Northern Community College

We have had reports here of people completely finishing their AAS through transfer credit very cheaply indeed. They don't accept FEMA, but they do accept your other courses.

Here is an idea of how your credits would fit into a degree and how you could finish quickly and inexpensively. I used Saylor and Shmoop as much as possible for cost savings but you could use all Straighterline if you wanted. This is just an idea of credits, you could replace almost any of these courses with an alternative.

http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...rview.html
https://www.saylor.org/credit/

West Virginia Northern Community College
Board of Governors AAS
Area of Emphasis in Computer Information Technology

1. COM 1: Straighterline ENG 101 English Composition I 3
2. COM 2: SL ENG 102 English Composition II 3 or SL/ Saylor Business Communication 3
3. SCI: SL Nutrition 3/ Saylor Intro to Biology (or any science) 3
4. MATH: ALEKS College Algebra 3 or Shmoop Finite Math 3
5. SOC: Shmoop US History I 3
6: SOC: Shmoop Modern European History 3
7. COMP: TEEX Cybersecurity 6
8: ELEC 1: Web Development 1 3
9. ELEC 2: Web Development 2 3
10. ELEC 3: Internet Business 3
11. ELEC 4: JavaScript 3
12. ELEC 5: Marketing Strategies 3
13. ELEC 6: Shmoop US History II 3
14. ELEC 7: Shmoop Shakespeare’s Plays 3
15. ELEC 8: Shmoop Bible as Literature 3
16. ELEC 9: Insurance Ethics (free)/ NFA from ACE 4
17. ELEC 10: Saylor/ SL Intro to Business 3
18. ELEC 11: Saylor Principles of Management 3
19. ELEC 12: Saylor Intro to Computer Science 3
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Ok so if i have 24 fema is credits trascribed into 24 credits by fredrick community college can i join the navy as an e2?
That should work. $1968 for 24 hours of free electives. Verify with your recruiter.
Datmadcat, do you have any other credits from anywhere- previous college or professional certifications?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Datmadcat Wrote:Ok so if i have 24 fema is credits trascribed into 24 credits by fredrick community college can i join the navy as an e2?

That would be expensive!

I would consider a much cheaper option.

First, if you are halfway decent at math, sign up immediately for ALEKS ($20 for a month), and take Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, College Algebra w/Trig, Trig, Precalculus, Intro to Stats, Business Stats, and Stats for the Behavioral Sciences. These will ALL be ACE-approved (although most schools will not take all of them, since many of them duplicate each other). But they would show up on an ACE transcript. They courses are set to expire on 1/31, so take as many as you can in that time. If you could do them all, that would be 27cr.

If you can't pass all the ALEKS courses, then take some free courses: TEEX (6cr), The Institutes (2cr), NFA (2cr)

Next, take a couple of Saylor exams that you think you can pass. $25/exam

Finally, sign up for Shmoop ($85 for a month, unlimited courses) and take as many courses as you can do in a month.

That would be less than $200 for a ton of credits.

Then apply at COSC or TESU to get your ACE credits transcribed onto a college transcript. I don't think you have to have a degree completed, just random credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I thought the deadline had passed for college credit for ALEKS. I went to their website and didn't find anything about the deadline. I did see an ALEKS free trial. Could the OP get a free trial today and attempt a math course?
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,497 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,926 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 729 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 379 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 479 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 513 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  2D Cad/Technical Drawing Credit Eligible Courses flamewerks 0 331 10-17-2023, 02:15 PM
Last Post: flamewerks
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 637 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain