Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed on which Grad school to choose
Hi everyone.  I'm looking for some advice on choosing a school.  I'm planning on going for a Masters in Psychology Industrial/Org.   I applied to Capella, Touro University Worldwide and Liberty University and received acceptance to each one.  Now to choose...any recommendations???  Thank you
Since you mentioned those three universities, they're all for profit. For cost alone, I would add Walden Tempo MS I/O Psychology, if you can finish that in two terms, it's hands down the cheapest/easiest/fastest of the bunch. If I had to chose between the others, Liberty has the biggest name but is probably the most expensive. Touro next and then Capella as they have the worse rep of the bunch...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cc078
Liberty is a non-profit, and if you are police, ems, or current/former military there is a steep tuition discount.

I second Walden as the cheapest option if you could bust it out.
(06-20-2020, 08:27 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Since you mentioned those three universities, they're all for profit.  For cost alone, I would add Walden Tempo MS I/O Psychology, if you can finish that in two terms, it's hands down the cheapest/easiest/fastest of the bunch.  If I had to chose between the others, Liberty has the biggest name but is probably the most expensive.  Touro next and then Capella as they have the worse rep of the bunch...

I can't take Walden. They are unable to take students from Rhide Island at the moment, not exactly sure why. They wouldn't let me apply. Touro and Liberty are both listed as non profit with Capella being for profit. I included Capella due to their Flexpath program.

The money isn't the issue since its employer paid but rather the ease and flexibility of the program. I guess also the reputation. Touro looked good to me based on their academic workload but Liberty looked like it had a better reputation.
(06-21-2020, 06:03 AM)lyndsey233 Wrote:
I can't take Walden.  They are unable to take students from Rhide Island at the moment, not exactly sure why.  They wouldn't let me apply.  Touro and Liberty are both listed as non profit with Capella being for profit.  I included Capella due to their Flexpath program.

Call/email them (Walden) there is probably a glitch in the online application for Rhode Island.  I know people in RI who have attended Walden (under their Tempo competency master programs - recently).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I have a masters from Capella via flex path
I have a masters from Walden via tempo

They both have their pros and cons. I'll be hard-pressed to say one is better than the other. Between Capella and Walden I would choose strictly on price alone.

I paid $1175 per 3-month term at Walden
I paid $2800 per 6-month term at Capella

But if money wasn't an option. I would go to a not-for-profit school with a good rep.
If you choose to go to Liberty, you can generally view pretty detailed syllabi for their courses by searching the course number in google.

Expect to do a lot of writing.

My undergrad was from Liberty.
Thank you. I love writing! I hate tests. I work 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week and I'm on call. My daughter is 5. So I need something that won't be so overwhelming. I don't mind if it takes up to 2 yrs, a class per semester to start.
(06-21-2020, 02:40 PM)lyndsey233 Wrote: I love writing! 
If you get your master in anything Psychology-related. 

remember APA =American Psychological Association.
The instructors are fiends for the APA format so make sure your up on APA 7.
Hmm, then I highly recommend none of these as your school choices, as these would be expensive taking 1 course/semester.  You would be better going the non competency based option but self paced.  As the competency based options are for the ones who can finish them fast.  Does the degree have to be  MS Psychology I/O or would you like to get an Masters at say Amberton or Fort Hays?  They offer similar options but not the exact degree.  If you find a program that is similar, it would be about $265/$275 per credit vs $1300/term at a competency based provider.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 879 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,842 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  MAOL Advice - UMPI/Brandman ashkir 13 2,257 02-26-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: KSoul
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,341 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,278 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,244 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Article bashes Harvard Extension ALM Grad smartdegree 50 8,270 12-25-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  European Grad Studies Abroad: Cost of Living vs Low Tuition Fees bjcheung77 7 1,407 12-23-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Help - Masters Degree Advice bdcmetal666 12 3,123 11-18-2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice for my mom who has a Master's in Economics and is ABD for a PhD Catcherinthecorn 9 956 10-22-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77