Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP
Is memorizing and understanding all the literary terms at Allegory | Literary Devices enough to pass the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP? Would the Petersons practice tests help too?
Terms are important but so is analyzing prose and poems. Practice that as well.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Memorizing the terms is not enough if you do not understand them. You need to be able to answer something like this poem is written in perfect iambic tetrameter how many feet are in each line? If you have only memorized you may have trouble analyzing this.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
OST Wrote:Is memorizing and understanding all the literary terms at Allegory | Literary Devices enough to pass the Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP? Would the Petersons practice tests help too?

Honestly, I did not study for this exam at all, but that approach is not for everybody. The biggest part of this exam is reading comprehension. If you can read something, and understand what you've read, you should do fine.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
I took the Official CLEP Study Guide PT last week with 79%. (For A&I Literature, just like the other poster.)

Should I try to get the REA book too? I've been studying literary terms, and did a bit of poetry reading on my own, but I'm not sure if it's sufficient to pass.
CLEP:
Intro to Psychology-75
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature-75

I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
WaltzJump413 Wrote:I took the Official CLEP Study Guide PT last week with 79%. (For A&I Literature, just like the other poster.)

Should I try to get the REA book too? I've been studying literary terms, and did a bit of poetry reading on my own, but I'm not sure if it's sufficient to pass.

I usually like the REA books, but in my opinion, the REA book for the A&I Literature CLEP is NOT a very good resource. I don't want to say for certain, but it sounds like you are probably ready.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Thanks, topdog.

I've heard the REA book isn't very good, too. I did fine (even though reading comprehension's not my favorite) on the passage-based reading on the SAT, so I'm hoping that, plus some more study, will be enough.
CLEP:
Intro to Psychology-75

I passed this test today with a 75. (Studied for 2 weeks using various resources such as the Official Guide, Education Portal, and some SAT practice.)

These were a lot of help: Free ACT Reading Practice Tests (They're for the ACT but are good practice and have a lot of variety in reading passages.)
CLEP:
Intro to Psychology-75

WaltzJump413 Wrote:I passed this test today with a 75. (Studied for 2 weeks using various resources such as the Official Guide, Education Portal, and some SAT practice.)

These were a lot of help: Free ACT Reading Practice Tests (They're for the ACT but are good practice and have a lot of variety in reading passages.)

Great job! I knew you would do well. Good luck on your future tests!
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
Thank you so much, topdog!

Best wishes on your coming tests, too! Smile
CLEP:
Intro to Psychology-75

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 513 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,853 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 853 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,325 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,647 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,284 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,241 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,159 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,345 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,092 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar