Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature no essay + CCAF
Do I need to take the essay portion to complete humanities requirements for CCAF?

Collegeboard.com says that the essay is only graded by the college instution. Any input?
Ask your bases college office? I've never heard of a college requiring the essay portion... when I took it they didn't even ask if I wanted to take the essay part.
The test itself does not require an essay. However, the school that you are transferring the credits to may require an essay to validate your writing skills. This is completely based on the school. You should speak with an academic councilor from your school to find out for certain.
----------CLEP------------
College Mathematics--73
College Algebra--------68
College Comp Modular-58
Analyzing Literature----57
Intro to Psychology-----55
Precalculus--------------55
Spanish------------------50

----------DSST-------------
Fund of College Algebra-437
dartell Wrote:Do I need to take the essay portion to complete humanities requirements for CCAF?

Collegeboard.com says that the essay is only graded by the college instution. Any input?

As the title suggests; however, if you plan on going further than your CCAF, it would be wise to check with the institution you plan on transferring your CCAF credits over to. This is important because THAT college might require an essay. As a CCAF Degree Holder, I can affirm the essay is NOT required! :hurray:
Thanks! I'll try my luck.
Great question, does anyone know if the essay is required for TESC BSBA in Gen. Mgmt?
OneDayDegree Wrote:Great question, does anyone know if the essay is required for TESC BSBA in Gen. Mgmt?

I'm just a tuition payment away from my LS Degree at TESC as well. TESC accepted my A&IL credits without an essay. I'm sure you're good to go without an essay as well!! Good questions, keep them coming! cheersmate
Passed with a 63. The stories/poem were a bit longer than I expected, but I had about 15 minutes to look over my marked answers.

I looked over literary terms and took two petersons practice test (Which I scored 50 and 60 on). In my opinion, the difficulty was about the same with the exception of longer stories.

Be sure to read the stories without overthinking it.

This is a six credit test that counts for humanities, does anyone know if the extra credits "spill over" onto electives for the CCAF?
Great job!
dartell Wrote:Passed with a 63. The stories/poem were a bit longer than I expected, but I had about 15 minutes to look over my marked answers.

I looked over literary terms and took two petersons practice test (Which I scored 50 and 60 on). In my opinion, the difficulty was about the same with the exception of longer stories.

Be sure to read the stories without overthinking it.

This is a six credit test that counts for humanities, does anyone know if the extra credits "spill over" onto electives for the CCAF?

I'd think so, but please let us know for sure once your AFVEC updates because I'm sure people will want to know the for sure answer to this in the future. Congratulations!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,251 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,147 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,897 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,858 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,304 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,804 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,245 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,772 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,320 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,040 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE