Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks
Good afternoon,

I'm trying to complete my CCAF before leaving the Air Force in June and have approximately 19 weeks to do so. The reason I am trying to complete this quickly is due to a job offer I received. Currently, I have my first CLEP scheduled for this week. I'm trying to be realistic and have a back up plan incase I don't pass the CLEPS/DANTEES for all of the GEN ED requirements. Does anyone have any advice or a recommendation on a school to meet this time constraint for all 15 GEN ED's? I've looked at AMU 8 week course and if I were to take 2 at a time, with 4 weeks overlapping, I could meet this time frame. The problem I will run into is meeting the requirements to start ENG102, as I will be enrolled in ENG101 if I do not pass the CLEP this week. I've also looked at Ashland and it seems possible to complete but, I will take two classes at a time in the 5 week format. Any recommendations? Basically, I'm looking at the easiest/fastest way to complete the GEN ED requirements. After I separate, I plan on attending WGU for my bachelors degree.

Thank you,

-Blake
Is the degree important if you already have your job offer? Is your gaining employer requiring it?

Must it be from CCAF? Would an associate's degree in liberal arts (like the A.S. from Excelsior) do instead? Flexible, fast, and accredited.

Is June your DOS? Or is it your terminal leave date? You can earn the CCAF degree as long as you complete the requirements prior to actually separating.
(02-05-2018, 06:50 PM)Sagan Wrote: Is the degree important if you already have your job offer? Is your gaining employer requiring it?

Must it be from CCAF? Would an associate's degree in liberal arts (like the A.S. from Excelsior) do instead? Flexible, fast, and accredited.

Is June your DOS? Or is it your terminal leave date? You can earn the CCAF degree as long as you complete the requirements prior to actually separating.

They want me to have an AAS within 90 days of starting. My DOS is in June and that’s when I will start the job. The part that sucks is that I have to complete all credits prior to separating. I should have been more specific on the degree, but it needs to align with avionics/electronics. I’m just wondering if anyone has advice on different routes that I can take. I’m going to try and CLEP/DSST as many classes I can, but I’m not going to rely on just that. I think Ashford is probably my best bet since the time constraint.
Do you already have your Aviation/Electronics courses through CCAF? How many credits do you have? If you have at least 12cr through CCAF, and you have a certain number of credits in Aviation/Electronics, Pierpont will give you a BOS AAS with a concentration in whatever you want. So you could do the rest with ACE credits in addition to CLEP & DSST.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-05-2018, 03:00 PM)blakedrinnen Wrote: Good afternoon,

I'm trying to complete my CCAF before leaving the Air Force in June and have approximately 19 weeks to do so. The reason I am trying to complete this quickly is due to a job offer I received. Currently, I have my first CLEP scheduled for this week. I'm trying to be realistic and have a back up plan incase I don't pass the CLEPS/DANTEES for all of the GEN ED requirements. Does anyone have any advice or a recommendation on a school to meet this time constraint for all 15 GEN ED's? I've looked at AMU 8 week course and if I were to take 2 at a time, with 4 weeks overlapping, I could meet this time frame. The problem I will run into is meeting the requirements to start ENG102, as I will be enrolled in ENG101 if I do not pass the CLEP this week. I've also looked at Ashland and it seems possible to complete but, I will take two classes at a time in the 5 week format. Any recommendations? Basically, I'm looking at the easiest/fastest way to complete the GEN ED requirements. After I separate, I plan on attending WGU for my bachelors degree.

Thank you,

-Blake

Check out TESU's AA degree program . Its a general education degree you can obtain quickly by using Study.com courses. Have your CCAF and other transcripts sent to TESU for an evaluation. Check out the links below:

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/BA-Degree-...tudies.cfm

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/AA/

https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,130 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,094 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,139 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,746 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,192 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,712 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,240 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,003 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE
  Ccaf tsimmns 23 4,388 10-29-2015, 09:04 PM
Last Post: hightecrebel