Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another TESU BSBA General Management Plea for Help
Hi everyone,

I’m currently enrolled at TESU and am desperately trying to wrap up my BSBA General Management degree (aside from the Capstone) before March 1st.  Would anyone be willing to take a peek at what I’ve got left and possibly reassure me that I’m on the right track?  Or tell me where I went wrong LOL.  I’m sure I’m not alone when I tell you that I’m losing sleep over TESU’s new credit transfer policy.  I don’t want to get all the way to the end and find out I went off the rails somewhere.  I’ve scoured these boards and have read tons of posts and I *think* I’m on the right track, but just need another set of eyes J

Here are the classes I have remaining, along with how I intend to fulfill them…..and this is where I kindly ask for your help.  Will the classes I’ve chosen work in these areas? 

3 – Accounting (ACC-102) – SDC Accounting 102 – Managerial Accounting
3 – Business Law (LAW 201)– Sophia’s Business Law (must take soon, touchstone required)
3 – Finance (FIN-301) – Sophia’s Principals of Finance
3 – Business in Society (BUS-311) -  SDC International Business 120
3 – Managerial Communications (MAN-373) – SDC Business 113 (must take soon, assignments required)
3 – Gen Ed – Sophia’s US History I
3 – Gen Ed – Sophia’s US History II
3 – Gen Ed – Sophia’s Approaches to Studying Religions
24 Total Credits

Current eval (attached) shows that I have 85 credits already applied, but that number should jump to 94 once TESU applies my newly-completed credits in Art II, Macroeconomics and Accounting I (which I think will slot in as ACC-101, according to a few posts I’ve read here).
Goal is to knock out the 24 needed credits by no later than 2/15 (!), and register for the March Capstone.   

What do you think…is my plan a solid one?  Like I mentioned, I’m so worried I’m going to get to the end, none of this will work and then I’ll be forced to repeat classes elsewhere to satisfy TESU’s new requirements.   Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.    I wish you all the best of luck in your quest for your degrees!

Attached Files
.pdf   Evaluation.pdf (Size: 160.4 KB / Downloads: 30)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diana321's post:
  • AppleStarr
Yay, you're on the 2018 catalog year! You have to jump for joy! So, you don't have anything to worry about at all, it doesn't affect you as you have exactly 8 courses, which translates to 24 RA credits... BTW, are you in NJ? You took 3 classes from TESU and have straight A's, I am really envious!  You just need to add two courses to that list and you're done with the RA requirements!

Your only concern right now is how to play this out, to waive the residency fee that is, you need the capstone and you graduate, but you can skip the residency fee by taking 2 more courses... one is a requirement to get exactly 30 credits RA, you're left with one more course for 33 RA credits total.  

This is how I would slice it and recommend, as you need to take two more courses to hit 16 credits residency... take the cornerstone and the liberal arts capstone together to get yourself a BALS as an extra degree without doing much extra work.  You can continue using your Sophia.org for Lower Level and Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com for upper level credits.

Otherwise, you can pay the residency waiver fee.  But if you're in NJ, it'll be cheaper to take two courses, it doesn't have to be the Cornerstone/Capstone for BALS, you can take anything easy or something that interests you, just get two more TESU courses done along with your BSBA Capstone and you're good to go!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Diana321
(01-07-2021, 10:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yay, you're on the 2018 catalog year! You have to jump for joy! So, you don't have anything to worry about at all, it doesn't affect you as you have exactly 8 courses, which translates to 24 RA credits... BTW, are you in NJ? You took 3 classes from TESU and have straight A's, I am really envious!  You just need to add two courses to that list and you're done with the RA requirements!

Your only concern right now is how to play this out, to waive the residency fee that is, you need the capstone and you graduate, but you can skip the residency fee by taking 2 more courses... one is a requirement to get exactly 30 credits RA, you're left with one more course for 33 RA credits total.  

This is how I would slice it and recommend, as you need to take two more courses to hit 16 credits residency... take the cornerstone and the liberal arts capstone together to get yourself a BALS as an extra degree without doing much extra work.  You can continue using your Sophia.org for Lower Level and Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com for upper level credits.

Otherwise, you can pay the residency waiver fee.  But if you're in NJ, it'll be cheaper to take two courses, it doesn't have to be the Cornerstone/Capstone for BALS, you can take anything easy or something that interests you, just get two more TESU courses done along with your BSBA Capstone and you're good to go!

I AM jumping for joy that I am on an older catalog year  Smile  And I feel so foolish because I didn't count TESU's 3 courses as RA credits.  Since I only counted the 5 I took at a community college years ago I thought I was coming up really short for the RA credit requirement but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes, I'm in NJ.  I kept my current catalog by taking one class per year at TESU.  My intent has always been to meet the 16 credit residency requirement, rather than pay the waiver, but I'm rethinking that right now.  I have a chronic health condition that recently flared up which means I may have to back-burner my degree progress for a few months.  I'm so close to finishing, the last thing I want to do is lose that momentum.    So now I'm giving serious consideration to paying the residency waiver, and just be DONE with the degree, especially in light of all of the changes over the years with TESU (with any school, really).  

But this extra degree you mentioned is intriguing!  So once I've finished out my remaining courses and the capstone for the BSBA, all I need to do is take the cornerstone/liberal arts capstone for a BALS?  I don't need additional courses in at least the AOS for the BALS? I feel like it can't be that easy and that I'm missing something somewhere.  But if I'm not, that would be amazing!  

Bjcheung77, I'm so grateful to you for your kind words and your insight.  You've definitely calmed my fears and I feel much better about my plan.  A big THANK YOU to you!!!
Your plan is fine, everything is as it should be, but like bj said, you have 24cr RA, so no worries.

I probably wouldn't get a BALS - more trouble than it's worth (it would be with a new catalog, so you'd need the cornerstone and capstone, and then 15cr of UL in the AOS). Not sure why you would want it, especially with health issues. I'd probably take something that interested me instead, to get residency. You only need 4cr (in addition to the capstone) for it, so it's totally worth it to do. Maybe the 1cr Jane Austen course and then 1 additional course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-08-2021, 01:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Your plan is fine, everything is as it should be, but like bj said, you have 24cr RA, so no worries.

I probably wouldn't get a BALS - more trouble than it's worth (it would be with a new catalog, so you'd need the cornerstone and capstone, and then 15cr of UL in the AOS).  Not sure why you would want it, especially with health issues.  I'd probably take something that interested me instead, to get residency.  You only need 4cr (in addition to the capstone) for it, so it's totally worth it to do.  Maybe the 1cr Jane Austen course and then 1 additional course.

My question is if I only have 24 RA in the area of study from BACS can I also have option to get an associate degree ASBA,TESU needs 24 RA, is this possible or do I need to have 12 RA credits in the general education to can acquire this Associate degree.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Associates requires only 12 RA credits, the Bachelors is where you need the 24. If you have 24 RA credits and it's in the general education area of your Bachelors degree, your Associates would already be good to go with the new requirements at COSC or TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2021, 06:37 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 01:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Your plan is fine, everything is as it should be, but like bj said, you have 24cr RA, so no worries.

I probably wouldn't get a BALS - more trouble than it's worth (it would be with a new catalog, so you'd need the cornerstone and capstone, and then 15cr of UL in the AOS).  Not sure why you would want it, especially with health issues.  I'd probably take something that interested me instead, to get residency.  You only need 4cr (in addition to the capstone) for it, so it's totally worth it to do.  Maybe the 1cr Jane Austen course and then 1 additional course.

My question is if I only have 24 RA in the area of study from BACS can I also have option to get an associate degree ASBA,TESU needs 24 RA, is this possible or do I need to have 12 RA credits in the general education to can acquire this Associate degree.

For all degrees, the RA credits only need to be in the degree - they don't have to be any place in particular.  They can be free electives, GE, Core/AOS, it doesn't matter.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

dfrecore, thank you for weighing in as well.  I was looking at that Jane Austen course just recently and it seems like that one plus one more "something interesting" will fit the bill quite nicely.  Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 580 1 hour ago
Last Post: crowbird
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 412 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 375 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 37 1,930 03-18-2024, 03:54 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 785 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,578 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 631 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 170 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,254 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP