Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another calculator question
I'm shopping for a calculator that will serve me well for both the DSST Statistics and the Financial Management exams. It seems kinda hard to get good info about which ones are "legal". Math is not my best subject, so I want a calculator that will give the "most bang for the buck". I note that the Texas Instruments TI-30Xa seems to be a favorite for Stats- I wonder if it would be a good choice for Financial Management as well? Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I don't know if you saw the following previous thread in which calculators are discussed. Snazzlefrag mentions that he likes the TI BA II+ because its a financial calculator with statistics functions:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...calculator
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
sgloer Wrote:I don't know if you saw the following previous thread in which calculators are discussed. Snazzlefrag mentions that he likes the TI BA II+ because its a financial calculator with statistics functions:
http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...calculator

That's right!

I am taking DANTES Statistics on Monday. I have been using the Texas Instruments BA II Plus (TI-BAII+).

Several others have also used this calculator and they recommended it to me. After purchasing it and learning to use it: I agree completely.

It is non-programmable, non-graphing and therefore allowed by DANTES.

It can handle many different statistical calculations including single variable and bivariate stats, Standard Deviation, Mean, Estimated Value of X or Y, Combinations, Permutations, Factorials, Variance, Regression (slope, Y-intercept etc), Square Root, Exponentials, Correlation, Root Mean Square....and so on.

I am often overwhelmed by math but this calculator was not difficult to figure out, and it has given me a confidence boost as I head into my exam.

It can also compute a gazillion finance-related calculations. I haven't taken the Finance exam yet but my guess is that it will be equally sufficient for that exam.

I paid about $30 for it.

You can easily do some research on it online if you like.

Best of luck,
Snazzlefrag
I was wondering if anyone ever went to a Dantes or Clep exam with a calculator and was told you can't use that one. I was not even questioned about mine when I laid it on her desk before my statistics exam. I wonder whether they even know which calculators are programmable. Maybe you can put the calculator somewhere where it will get real dusty and dirty which will make it appear to be old and cheap.hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 3,178 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,350 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  EdX MicroBachelors letter grade question cardiacclep 3 619 12-28-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Transferology question - how to find ACE and NCCRS? katsiki 4 550 10-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Question about Transferring Credits Nelson Lin 3 739 09-17-2022, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 2 1,205 08-24-2022, 03:41 PM
Last Post: sparkling
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 982 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 827 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 62 7,462 04-23-2022, 02:32 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,152 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore