Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recommendations for cheap/fast/easy 1-credit courses that transfer to COSC?
I have finished everything but the Capstone and one extra credit. If I can't find anything else I'll probably just take Introduction to Information Technology from Sophia.org, but I was curious if anyone has any recommendations on any 1-credit courses from Sophia or elsewhere that would transfer to COSC and might be cheaper/easier/faster. If not, I can probably finish that Sophia course in a short amount of time for only $85 or so including ordering the transcript. Thanks for your help!
I'm studying at COSC and planning on graduating with a BS in Liberal Arts. So far I have completed:

Sophia: Accounting, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Approaches to Studying Religions, Art History I, Art History II, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, English Composition I, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Ethics, Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Statistics, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Project Management, Public Speaking, US History II, and Visual Communications. 

ASU Earned Admission: AST 111 Introduction to Solar Systems Astronomy, COM 100 Introduction to Human Communication, ENG 102 English Composition: Research and Writing, and CIS 105 Computer Applications and Information Technology.

Study.com: BUS 302, BUS 312, BUS 313, BUS 318, BUS 323, PSY 306, PSY 310, PSY 312, PSY 316.

COSC: IDS 101 Cornerstone

Other RA credits transferred: HIS122, PSY101, FLN125, PHL220, ITE213

Up Next: ISB-498 & ISB-499 at COSC
You could try transferring the new Sophia Web Design class. That's 1 credit. No idea if it will transfer, though. Sophia has the only 1-credit options that will transfer to COSC. Everywhere else is 3 credits. And costs more. See the list of accepted institutions here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php Saylor would be marginally cheaper but would be more difficult/take longer.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • daharamu
(03-21-2021, 09:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You could try transferring the new Sophia Web Design class. That's 1 credit. No idea if it will transfer, though. Sophia has the only 1-credit options that will transfer to COSC. Everywhere else is 3 credits. And costs more. See the list of accepted institutions here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php Saylor would be marginally cheaper but would be more difficult/take longer.

I had no idea they had a new Web Design class on Sophia. That could be interesting! Good to know that "Sophia has the only 1-credit options that will transfer to COSC." I'll be sure to double check with COSC that the credit will transfer, but it sounds like one of those courses should be good. Thanks for your reply! Big Grin
Introduction to Information Technology on Sophia is reallllly easy. That class took me less than 12 hours to complete. I am not an IT person. The monthly Sophia subscription fee doesn't change based on the number of credits one completes. It's not like Study where you pay more for an exam kind of thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • daharamu
(03-21-2021, 09:49 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Introduction to Information Technology on Sophia is reallllly easy. That class took me less than 12 hours to complete. I am not an IT person. The monthly Sophia subscription fee doesn't change based on the number of credits one completes. It's not like Study where you pay more for an exam kind of thing.

Awesome, that's good to hear! Big Grin Yeah, I took a bunch of Sophia courses back when they were free, and I found most of them to be pretty easy. Only bought one month a few months back, and now I'm wishing I signed up for this class and kept extending it lol. Could have taken it by now! Whoops lol
For everyone reading, just make sure you have 24 RA credits, as COSC has a requirement of 30 credits from Regionally Accredited institutions, you can get 24 from any community college/university or through specific exams that can be transferred in such as TECEPs/UEXCELs, the remaining 6 credits must be completed at COSC - their cornerstone/capstone combo.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'd recommend Sophia! I did 22 credits on Sophia and transferred them to COSC. It doesn't get any better than Sophia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cannacollege's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
That class you mentioned from Sophia is super fast and easy if you have even modest tech knowledge and still not all that hard if you don't.   I'd just knock it out and rock on.   

Also, I see in your signature that you took ASU ENG 102.   I opened a discussion about that here:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...vs-ENG-102

I'd love for you to drop in there and tell a little about that course.

Congrats on being so close to your goal!
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
15 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
80 Credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,685 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,746 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,288 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,646 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,169 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,622 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso