Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates degree with a math requirment
vetvso Wrote:If I have taken all of the required courses, how much would it be just to get the degree. Is there some kind of mandatory class and what would be the cost. After looking at the website I am a little discouraged with the costs.

Assuming that you will transfer Info Lit and other courses/exams, it is $895 for the enrollment fee and $495 for the graduation fee for civilians (a little less for members of the military) at EC.

The Multi-source enrollment fee means that no courses are required.

Check out this table for more details: Fees & Tuition - excelsior.edu

There is also a non-credit, no cost orientation course that is required when you enroll.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!
NAP Wrote:Assuming that you will transfer Info Lit and other courses/exams, it is $895 for the enrollment fee and $495 for the graduation fee for civilians (a little less for members of the military) at EC.

The Multi-source enrollment fee means that no courses are required.

Check out this table for more details: Fees & Tuition - excelsior.edu

There is also a non-credit, no cost orientation course that is required when you enroll.

Thank you that makes mores sense. I thought so but I was nor sure. TESC would be my first choice however I still need College Algebra and ENG102.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Ok here is what I think I have for the ECC Associates Degree

I am not familiar with ECC for feedback would be helpful. I dont know where my military will fall in for them. Electives I'm sure.

English Composition I TESC course – 3 credits

Humanities:

DANTES Introduction to World Religions Pass 3 credits
Fundamentals of Speech course – 3 credits

Social Sciences/History:

US History I UAA 3 credits
US History II UAA 3 credits
Alaska History UAA 3 credits
ATHO Rise of Civilization UAA 3 credits
General Psychology course – 3 credits
Russian History UAA course - credits

Natural Sciences/Math:

Elements of Physical Geology – 3 credits
Elements of Physical Geology Lab - 1 credits
Biology – course 4 credits

Other:

DANTES Introduction to Computing – 3 credits
DANTES Heres to your health – 3 credits
FCC 4 credits
Military Credits
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
It looks like you are almost there!

General Education for AS requires 9 credits in two areas and 6 credits in one area of Humanities, Social Sciences/History, and Math/Natural Science. So you will either need 3 more credits in Humanities (like the Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP for 6 credits) or 1 more credit in Math/Natural Science.

Also, don't forget the Information Literacy requirement.

Good news! The new Liberal Arts Catalog is now available. - School Catologs - excelsior.edu

Be sure to double-check it for any other policy changes.
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,241 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,892 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,387 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,705 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,941 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,797 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,069 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,982 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,351 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,725 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero