Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates to BA/BS?
This is for my wife. She already has her Associates degree in Surgical Technology. Preferably medical field, but it doesn't have to be. The goal with the bachelor's degree is to be able to get into a local physician's assistant program. We are from New Jersey btw.

I would most appreciate it if you could direct me to at least a template that I could follow.

Thank you ahead of time!
OMG, it's you! Creditmonsoon! Been a while since I've seen you on the board... You're the one who reviewed Microbiology at StraighterLine and I purchased it right away, at $5 and Upper Level, it was a steal! Anyways, if I am guessing correctly, Associates with Surgical Technology was from a private college vs a community college, is it RA or NA?

I've researched Physician Assistant programs before, you need to make sure of 3 things - Any Bachelors with a good GPA, Basic Hard Sciences & Labs (butt-in-seat or online), Certifications/Recommendations, etc, the PA is a Masters degree, it's a very selective entry, they'll look at the final 60 credits of the undergrad in terms of GPA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
how about a different route

get a bachelors from WGU

https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Health Services Coordination

or
https://www.wgu.edu/online-nursing-healt...ogram.html
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Health Information Management

This CAHIIM accredited health information management degree program qualifies you to sit for the RHIA exam.

both degrees offer
Anatomy and Physiology I
Pathophysiology
Introduction to Pharmacology

your wife should be able to knock either of these two degrees out easily and quickly

then after completing the bachelors ....

Columbia University's
Masters Direct Entry Program For Non-Nurses

graduate with a MS in nursing and become a registered nurse
and have the option of continuing on to graduate with a clinical-based Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP)
and become a Nurse Practitioner

https://www.nursing.columbia.edu/program...non-nurses

a full-time accelerated nursing program for non-nurse college graduates

The fifteen-month program prepares students to enter the nursing profession as masters-credentialed registered nurses

Students complete over 1,000 clinical hours in small group clinical settings in areas such as labor and delivery, medical surgical, pediatrics, community health, and psychiatric-mental health.

At the end of the program, graduates receive a Master of Science degree in Nursing (MS)

Students, if interested, are able to move from this program directly into one of two doctoral programs, the clinical-based Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP), or the research-based Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).

* DNP Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program
* DNP Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program
* DNP Family Nurse Practitioner Program
* DNP Nurse-Midwifery Program
* DNP Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
* DNP Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
* Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=nurse+prac...ntry_level

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 435 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Clarification on “free” add-on Associates degree Mccderm 12 1,237 12-27-2022, 09:16 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Does anyone have a spreadsheet for the TESU BACS + Math associates add on? CanICode 9 1,064 12-22-2022, 07:06 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Should I grab a free associates degree if graduating same major bachelor degree? SlyToxicPanda 32 3,536 01-10-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: jsarles
  Associates Degree Conferral Question dhallfootball21 13 1,527 11-02-2021, 05:50 PM
  Second Associates at TESU TwinMom 7 1,729 01-03-2021, 02:48 PM
  Getting an additional Associates Degree advice please collegechick 39 4,103 11-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Finishing Associates before Bachelors maxxor6868 5 885 07-02-2020, 01:16 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Associates in Math plan Tincer 8 1,826 08-28-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Salamander