Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in 16-18 weeks?
bjcheung77 Wrote:50 credits in that short time period! YOU ROCK!

Thank you Smile I swear I dream about multiple choice questions though. LOL. I have to slow down a little bit unfortunately. I am taking a work from home position of tech support part time so that I can get extra cash to finish and fund these tests and the other costs. I know its a lot lower rate than traditional college (by far) but these tests add up Tongue I can totally see though how if money wasnt an issue like the OP was stating you could absolutely finish in a very very short time. I live in a very high rent area so I need to supplement my income to quickly finish Tongue But it'll pay off in the long run. There are some days I dont really want to log on to study bc it becomes tiring but i'm just pretending its like taking medicine. It has also helped me to make a schedule for myself of home many hours a day I need to devote to this. I'll keep sharing progress Tongue I'd love to hear about every1 elses also it helps to motivate me.. when daily life presents every day hurdles.
(04-11-2017, 06:22 AM)Synicaal Wrote:
MrCooperTHE1 Wrote:Greetings everyone,

Just came across this forum, very informative.

Extremely unique situation I've found myself in and reaching out to the forum for some serious help. I just received word that I have until the end of August 2017(preferably sooner) to obtain Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university to stay with my current state employer.

My first thought was this will never ever happen but after searching the internet It appears people have done this.

I have about 10 college credits to transfer, I wish i was joking but unfortunately I'm not.

Im intelligent, definitely not afraid of hard work, cost isn't an issue and will do anything to make this happen. The type of degree to me right now is not that important as getting this done within my given time frame.

So...am i a huge pipe dreamer thinking this is possible? IF NOT where do i begin and how do I make this happen?? I haven't been in school in over 20 years this is all new to me again.

I would sincerely appreciate any direction anyone can give me.

THANKS A TON!

Coop

Personally I don't get why so many people are saying not this cant be done. Yes it can be!! It will not be easy at all and you wont have any free time from now until you are done but so worth it. Go for the Business degree so you can sign up and take the Strategic Management TECEP. This will knock off a 3month liberal arts capstone course. If your state employment is anything like mine then that August timeframe isn't set in stone. If you tell them and prove to them you are working on it I am sure they will extend the deadline for you until December (which is the more likely timeframe). Best thing you can do is map out your plan and start on it TODAY. If you have any math skills at all I recommend taking all the ALEKS you can its anywhere from 0 - 12 credits for $20. You can't beat that and you can finish 1 or more a day depending on how good you are. If you do CLEP some stuff I would recommend only targeting the 6 credit ones. You can take all the ALEKS math courses then do College Mathematics CLEP and you will have 18 credits right there. If you main thing is Speed I would go with Straighterline for all the courses you need and then finish up what you can't do at SL at Study.com.

This is my "Cheapest" GM Degree and maybe the quickest depending on how easy and quickly you can do the 6 credit CLEP exams. But this spreadsheet will give you an idea of what you are looking at needing to do. My time frame would have been much shorter to complete if I had the money to take everything and not need a month here and there in between.
Reading this a few months later... does the BSBA degree still not require that capstone? If so then I might switch from Liberal Arts to this. Thank you!
(08-21-2017, 09:37 PM)kalyway Wrote: Reading this a few months later... does the BSBA degree still not require that capstone? If so then I might switch from Liberal Arts to this. Thank you!

No, they discontinued the alternative option. The BSBA requires their capstone course which is around $1500.

When going after a timeline like this, the biggest hurdle is one's skill (retain information, testing ability), money (speed comes at a cost) and scheduling (StraighterLine, TECEP, Study.com, Saylor & capstone) will require you the student to be at a master planning skill level.

It definitely can be done and I speak from experience. Almost lost my eyesight, gained weight from lack of exercise and have huge gaps in my memory of the adventure but Yes It Can Be Done!! Wink
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is It Possible to Become Fluent in Chinese in Just 9 Weeks?? LevelUP 27 3,102 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,225 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Microbiology in 8 weeks? 2L8 10 3,408 10-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  nervous, clueless, and less than two weeks time :( blaczkowitz 22 4,538 12-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Last Post: blaczkowitz
  HELP! - I need Upper Level Liberal Arts Credit in 3 weeks! Qwerty56 14 2,001 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2 WEEKS left before DSST Civil War and Reconstruction Exam!! Raiders20 6 1,582 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: musictester
  15 credits two weeks! djam303 5 1,793 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Taking American History II in 3 weeks, Tips? sammy15 1 673 12-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Last Post: All-American
  3 Graduate Courses in 10 Weeks?!?! eyrobinson 4 869 01-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  New Charter University $199 per month or $796 per semester(16 weeks) keymommy2000 3 933 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone