Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in 16-18 weeks?
vickyvm Wrote:Honestly the more i look at it i'd also rather have the CIS than mgmt but it all depends on how much longer it will take.

Do you have much I.T. type of experience? The number of exams is the same, and the Programming exam is supposed to not be hard. I'm not sure how hard some of the other CIS exams are. I've been considering GM too, but this is a one-time thing. The extra effort and expense seems worth it, at least for me. Otherwise what if I regret doing GM for years? I do have experience with I.T. stuff, but I feel like my types of knowledge may not help that much. How much business knowledge do you have? I have some of that too, but again it's more practical knowledge. I am guessing the business exams are more like theoretical, definitions/terms, etc. Edit: Obviously have practical business knowledge but what do you think regarding the business courses?

I don't think you should finish the 201 course right now... if you have other things to research. And definitely not ALEKS or Shmoop in my opinion.

And I meant to say, I was sorry to hear about your injury. The crime in this country is so sad, and the economy in general. I have disabilities myself and have been wanting to get my degree for a long time too. I am female, by the way.

You could possibly get an Associates degree from TESU along the way like I am. So you have a degree sooner (if you're willing to pay the second graduation fee). Many Associates have a capstone requirement though. I'm doing one that doesn't. The ASBA is one that doesn't.

dfrecore Wrote:So, right now, you can register for the May term, which starts May 1st and ends July 23. Once you're registered for the term, you can take the exam at any point during the term (although you have to sign up through ProctorU as well to take it, and there's a charge to take it without a 3-day wait).

Since we are taking it during the last term, are we unable to get a retake if we fail? Their site says "If you do not pass a TECEP exam the first time, you can take it one more time in a different term. To test a second time you must register in a new term and pay the registration fee."

I don't plan to fail, but it would make me feel better having that option.

dfrecore Wrote:Anyway, you can schedule it any time during the term, although I don't recommend waiting until the last minute to take it, as there can be issues with ProctorU and you might miss the deadline (happened to me).

Wow, I am sorry you missed the deadline because of them.

We appreciate the warning!

I have some IT experience. Ive also been obsessed with computer stuff since I was a kid. Have never taken a single real business class. Either route I take I'm sure I'll have my work cut out for me. I'm going to need to research how these paths can transition easily to a masters program of some sort. It looks like a lot of ppl go WGU afterwards. I will look into the associates too.. but idk about the 2nd graduation fee. I also need to read more about the fees i notice on the spreadsheets there is the 2000ish residency waiver and the 323 fee. Your right crime has gotten outta hand. And thank you for mentioning it. But its okay I've been considering switching paths for several years. There is a lot to do :-o Finally almost done with 201.. it was easy just tedious ;-)
For the OP and others, I might suggest registering for May's TECEP Strategic Management and plan to take it within the first week of May. You have to take it early to account for the slow grading. This means you need to study for it during the rest of this month. If you fail, that's ok since you can register for the June TECEP, which is the last chance. I think the cut score for this exam is pretty low at 60% while the actual capstone course requires a grade higher than C- (73%). I suspect it will be easier to pass the TECEP than to pass the actual course.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
TrailRunr Wrote:For the OP and others, I might suggest registering for May's TECEP Strategic Management and plan to take it within the first week of May. You have to take it early to account for the slow grading. This means you need to study for it during the rest of this month. If you fail, that's ok since you can register for the June TECEP, which is the last chance. I think the cut score for this exam is pretty low at 60% while the actual capstone course requires a grade higher than C- (73%). I suspect it will be easier to pass the TECEP than to pass the actual course.

Thank you for the reassurance on the score and retake!

But wow, that is soon Sad From a previous recent post, I was thinking I would have 7 weeks to study, and this would be only 2.5-3 weeks. Minus 1-3 days for Shmoop that I want to get done on this membership. I'll try to go fast.

Do you have any more information on the deadline to register for the June one? The late registration deadline? (To have more time for this first attempt.)

A retake would cost me a lot, but I still feel good it's an option. If I take it really soon...

Ideas Wrote:...
Do you have any more information on the deadline to register for the June one? The late registration deadline? (To have more time for this first attempt.)
Undergraduate Academic Calendar at Thomas Edison State University
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Undergraduate Academic Calendar at Thomas Edison State University

How hard is this test? What was ur best study material if you've taken it. I agree with that advice I'm totally going to cram and take it in may
davewill Wrote:Undergraduate Academic Calendar at Thomas Edison State University

Thank you. I had looked on the TECEP pages and got lost.

So, May 20th for normal registration and May 25th for late registration.

But I need to take it early, so I get my score back before May 25th. I have looked and it seems most people get their score in about a week, some people in 2 weeks. But, exams with essay/short answers could be on the longer side, and I have seen some people saying 3+ weeks. So, yeah, as early as possible in May really, to be safe.

Right now I'm upset, because I was looking at graduation fees and see that late registration fee is $150. So I have to pay $150 more for this TECEP, because of TESU not processing me on Thursday like they said? I know, it was my fault too. I should have called sooner, but I called Wednesday, not Thursday. She thought I would get processed Thurs morning, but nothing all day. I should have called of course, but figured that I had all of Friday to get it worked out. I believe they were closed Friday as I left voicemail and got voicemail a second time. I expected the late registration fee to be significantly less than the $114 exam fee.

It's still a good thing that I'm able to take the TECEP.

I hope that vickyvm and others have gotten registered for the TECEP already.

Ideas Wrote:Right now I'm upset, because I was looking at graduation fees and see that late registration fee is $150. So I have to pay $150 more for this TECEP, because of TESU not processing me on Thursday like they said? I know, it was my fault too. I should have called sooner, but I called Wednesday, not Thursday. She thought I would get processed Thurs morning, but nothing all day. I should have called of course, but figured that I had all of Friday to get it worked out. I believe they were closed Friday as I left voicemail and got voicemail a second time. I expected the late registration fee to be significantly less than the $114 exam fee.

It's still a good thing that I'm able to take the TECEP.

I hope that vickyvm and others have gotten registered for the TECEP already.

No I havent Sad I have the exact same issue as u Sad Dont let it discourage u tho.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is It Possible to Become Fluent in Chinese in Just 9 Weeks?? LevelUP 27 3,177 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,275 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Microbiology in 8 weeks? 2L8 10 3,496 10-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  nervous, clueless, and less than two weeks time :( blaczkowitz 22 4,621 12-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Last Post: blaczkowitz
  HELP! - I need Upper Level Liberal Arts Credit in 3 weeks! Qwerty56 14 2,026 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2 WEEKS left before DSST Civil War and Reconstruction Exam!! Raiders20 6 1,607 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: musictester
  15 credits two weeks! djam303 5 1,805 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Taking American History II in 3 weeks, Tips? sammy15 1 691 12-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Last Post: All-American
  3 Graduate Courses in 10 Weeks?!?! eyrobinson 4 879 01-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  New Charter University $199 per month or $796 per semester(16 weeks) keymommy2000 3 962 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone