Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in 16-18 weeks?
yb1 Wrote:1. yes you want the 200 option. I would start with Straighterline if I were you. They will be quicker. You could do both at the same time though.

Whether or not the OP uses the Study.com membership, he needs it to get the Study.com affiliate membership to get the reduced residency waiver. So, he needs to sign up for it ASAP.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
MrCooperTHE1 Wrote:Thanks so much for this dfrecore. This helps a ton. I just filled out the application, paid the fee and will call admissions in a few hours to have the app expedited for the May term.

Im curious, the degree plan you provided looks good. Do you/did you work in admissions somewhere or just very knowledgeable in the subject? Id like some background on the plan so i don't run into any issues when its finished and i think I'm done. Should i run the plan by someone at TESU?

Looking forward to your response.

I have spent the last 4 years learning, learning, learning from this forum. I have a 1000-line Excel spreadsheet with all of the inexpensive courses, with TESU's course equivalencies on it. Notes, all kinds of other info. I update it as I learn something new here (people report in, SL and Study.com update their websites with new course info, etc.). It's a lot of work to keep that spreadsheet updated.

Now, if you asked me questions about COSC or EC, I can tell you virtually nothing, because I decided to get very knowledgeable about TESU, at the expense of knowing much about the other options.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
MrCooperTHE1 Wrote:Dfrecore, or anyone else. Can you elaborate a bit more on my comments below

Sign up for Study.com, to get affiliate pricing at TESU ($1800 for the residency fee instead of $2500, and a waiver of the cornerstone). I log onto the study.com website and when i click on 'sign up' i get three options. Basic, Premium and Accelerator. The later costing $200 a month which i assume is what i want, correct?. I want to make sure i sign up for what you asked me to

Then, start studying like crazy for the TECEP, and working through ALEKS - you have until the 30th before that expires. The 30th of what month?

Make sure you sign up for an ACE account right away as well. What is an ACE account what will this do for me

There is a lot of info being thrown at you because of the speed that you really need to move achieve this. Most people take 1-3 years to complete their degree, and some people take even longer than that. You are trying to achieve the same thing in a few months and also right at a time when there are possible changes to degrees and courses. Those changes will make it impossible for you to finish fast, because once they are changed you will have to take a 12 week course at TESU.

You really need to take time off work to achieve this and spend a few full days getting setup and started.

ACE is where you will send and store credits from different courses, ALEKS, SL, Study.com etc..
Then you will send the ACE transcript to TESU for them to add to your degree evaluation and complete each section of the degree needed. It costs money each time you send a transcript. Some courses can be sent direct to TESU once you are enrolled and setup.

make an account here: https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main

Complete 12 math credits at ALEX as fast as possible and request for the credits to be sent to ACE each time you complete a course. You need to complete these credits in the next few weeks.
https://www.aleks.com/

The suggestion for signing up at Study.com is to get the discount at TESU.
Study.com costs $200 a month, but you get a big discount at TESU and it also removes the need to do a cornerstone course.
In with that $200 you can take 2 proctored final tests so you will also be able to get 6 credits in with that price. If you take additional tests at Study.com in that month you will have to pay for each extra test.

I personally think study.com courses take much longer than straighterline.

Basically...get started today, setup accounts where needed, get the TECEP done at TESU, get math done right away, then focus on subject blocks of credits at a time.
TESU: Capstone completed Big Grin
Study.com: Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction (6)
Patten: Academic Strategies, Child Growth and Development, Reading, Writing, and Research, Social Psych, Lifespan Development, American Government (18)
Shmoop: Drugs in Lit, Holocaust Lit, Poetry, Lit in the Media, Modernist Lit, Shakespeare's Plays, Western Lit, Women's Lit, British Lit, Euro History (30)
SL: Cultural Anthropology, English Comp I, English Comp II, Biology, Intro Comm, Environmental Science, Philosophy, C++,  Religion (27)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals, Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for IT Professionals (6)
Sophia: Art History, Psychology, Sociology, Visual Comm, Dev Teams  (13)
ALEKS: Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Statistics, Trigonometry (15)
NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators (2)
Kaplan: Documenting Experiences (3)
ACTFL: Reading Proficiency Test (6)
CPCU: Ethics (2)
I'd say this is possible, but no where near realistic. You'd have to have absolutely no life on top of being smart and a gifted tester with a lot of money to throw around.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

I would say the biggest wall you might hit here would be TESU's graduation timeframe more than not being able to complete the courses. But, as long as your company says you just need to show that you have the credits for the degree, I think you can do it if you're extremely motivated.

But if you didn't start the first day you started asking the questions about this, then I would question your motivation - or get started NOW. I think people get paralysis of the analysis, or get into planning mode, and don't START the process immediately.
dfrecore Wrote:I would say the biggest wall you might hit here would be TESU's graduation timeframe more than not being able to complete the courses. But, as long as your company says you just need to show that you have the credits for the degree, I think you can do it if you're extremely motivated.

But if you didn't start the first day you started asking the questions about this, then I would question your motivation - or get started NOW. I think people get paralysis of the analysis, or get into planning mode, and don't START the process immediately.

I agree I have noticed this a lot over the past year of being on this forum, the OP was made 3 days ago, that is enough time to have completed ALEKS and at least the Free Ethics course, could have 14credits done already. Hope the OP got started soon after the first reply
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:I agree I have noticed this a lot over the past year of being on this forum, the OP was made 3 days ago, that is enough time to have completed ALEKS and at least the Free Ethics course, could have 14credits done already. Hope the OP got started soon after the first reply

This thread is gold! Thank you. I have been stalking this thread since yesterday and read the wiki and several others and I just want to say thank you to those that have provided this surplus of AWESOME info! I am changing careers. I am a salon owner and hairdresser but I have to change fields because of a robbery in the city and my arm was permanently injured (so no more haircutting or blowdrying for me) BUT it's not the end of the world, I've always wanted to finish college. Both of my parents have several upper degrees so it's something I've always wanted to do. Nows my chance. Even though I still have the salon.. I have a crazy amount of free time. For the first time in my life I'm not constantly working. I tonight I will start the free tests. Tomorrow I will start on the ALEKS. Once I finish the Bachelors i'd like to get at *least* a masters.. My only issue is that I'm pretty much starting from scratch. No credits. I mean maybe 2 or 3 courses at a community college back home which may or may not have expired now (since 2001) But may be cheaper/faster just to test out of those.. I assume I'm a little late to be able to do that tecep to bypass the capstone? Does some1 need a certain amount of credits before taking it? Once again I must say.. the info being provided here is pure gold. Thanks again
vickyvm Wrote:I mean maybe 2 or 3 courses at a community college back home which may or may not have expired now (since 2001) But may be cheaper/faster just to test out of those..

It's worth getting those credits Smile Most old credits count.

vickyvm Wrote:I assume I'm a little late to be able to do that tecep to bypass the capstone? Does some1 need a certain amount of credits before taking it? Once again I must say.. the info being provided here is pure gold. Thanks again

I don't think you're too late, but you'd have to act immediately.

Awesome I've just been digging through my old paperwork lol and it looks like i've got 9 credits. What a crazy kid I was back in 2001. I'm going to go back and re-read about how to sign up for and take that Tecep.. But would u be able to give me a quick breakdown of what I need to scramble to do and what I need to pay upfront so I can bypass that capstone? I'm all in at this point. I'm so glad I was up late and read and stalked this forum Smile It might be a game changer for me if I can get cracking. I love my salon and might keep it.. but being on the sidelines stinks. I need a degree where I can maybe work with my mind since my body doesnt work so good these days.
9 credits is great.

vickyvm Wrote:But would u be able to give me a quick breakdown of what I need to scramble to do and what I need to pay upfront so I can bypass that capstone?

Apply at TESU which is $75. It takes only about 20 minutes. Be sure to choose that you are affiliated with study.com to save money later. Then tomorrow call them and ask for your application to be expedited, because you want to register for the May term. And maybe mention the Strategic Mgmt TECEP, I'm not sure about that part. (It seems like they would be trying to tell you that's something you have to wait on until the end.) Then after you get your ID number (in a couple days or so), register for the TECEP which is $114.

I'm in the same boat as you, except that I have Gen Ed credits mostly done. But I am scrambling to get the TECEP done, and so glad I realized in time Smile I think I am doing BSBA-CIS not GM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is It Possible to Become Fluent in Chinese in Just 9 Weeks?? LevelUP 27 3,176 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  AP2 in 8 weeks (Summer semester) or Micro 2L8 3 1,275 02-02-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Microbiology in 8 weeks? 2L8 10 3,496 10-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  nervous, clueless, and less than two weeks time :( blaczkowitz 22 4,620 12-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Last Post: blaczkowitz
  HELP! - I need Upper Level Liberal Arts Credit in 3 weeks! Qwerty56 14 2,025 07-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  2 WEEKS left before DSST Civil War and Reconstruction Exam!! Raiders20 6 1,606 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Last Post: musictester
  15 credits two weeks! djam303 5 1,805 05-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Taking American History II in 3 weeks, Tips? sammy15 1 690 12-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Last Post: All-American
  3 Graduate Courses in 10 Weeks?!?! eyrobinson 4 879 01-23-2015, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  New Charter University $199 per month or $796 per semester(16 weeks) keymommy2000 3 962 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone