BALS - Healthcare Management
Question 
Hello all,
First time posting.

I have read that the TESU BALS shows on the diploma as:
Bachelor of Arts

and shows on the TESU transcript as:
Bachelor of Arts - Liberal Studies

I am wondering how the BALS - Healthcare Management would be listed on the transcript?

I would like to list my degree on my resume as: "BA Healthcare Management" but if its not listed as such on the transcript then it may just be easier for me to pursue the regular BALS.

I just don't want to list anything that I couldn't ethically prove on the transcript.
I am trying to "check the box" for a Bachelors degree on an upcoming Medical Management position and do realize that the Healthcare Management option would be better to show then a generic Liberal Studies focus.

I have a background in Electronics and I was going to pursue the BS Biomedical Electronics from TESU but they have changed the program so much it added an additional amount of coursework.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Attached Files
.pdf   Mosby Evaluation Biomedical Electronics.pdf (Size: 174.01 KB / Downloads: 14)
BALS stands for Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, so that's why it's going to show up that way.

If you get a concentration, it says so on the transcript (although not on the diploma). I have a BSBA from TESU

The diploma says:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

The transcript says:
Degree Awarded: BS in Business Administration
Area of Study: Human Resources/Organizational Management
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-10-2019, 02:04 PM)dfrecore Wrote: BALS stands for Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, so that's why it's going to show up that way.

If you get a concentration, it says so on the transcript (although not on the diploma).  I have a BSBA from TESU

The diploma says:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

The transcript says:
Degree Awarded: BS in Business Administration
Area of Study: Human Resources/Organizational Management

Thank you for the detailed explanation dfrecore!

Could I assume if I got the BALS-Healthcare Management degree the transcript would state:
Degree Awarded: BA Liberal Studies
Area of Study: Healthcare Management

Thanks again,
You would be able to list it on your resume as "Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, Healthcare Management" but not as a BA Healthcare Management.  This would likely read better than "Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies" as the BALS without the concentration wouldThe TESU physical diploma will just say Bachelor of Arts.  The concentration does appear on the transcript, so as dfrecore stated you would have an official record of your concentration if it was questioned.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(10-10-2019, 02:31 PM)allvia Wrote: You would be able to list it on your resume as "Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, Healthcare Management" but not as a BA Healthcare Management.  This would likely read better than "Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies" as the BALS without the concentration would beThe TESU physical diploma will just say Bachelor of Arts.  The concentration does appear on the transcript, so as dfrecore stated you would have an official record of your concentration if it was questioned.

Excellent, Thank you Allvia!
How are COSC's General Studies degrees with a selected concentration listed on the diploma & transcript? Is it done the same way as the TESU example above?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 145 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 776 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 414 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
  BSBA Operations Management AOS dillpickles 48 2,919 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dillpickles
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 368 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 415 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,145 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Database Management ruled ineligible for TESU BS CIS TopHatWombat 13 1,556 06-11-2023, 12:03 PM
  Davar CS315 management information systems for tesu? CanICode 1 459 04-18-2023, 06:26 PM
  Second Bachelors TESU Construction Management addision 3 517 03-18-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: addision