Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG AAS and TESU undergrad certificate?
For a friend who wants to get these. I figured he could:

1) BOG AAS first - Send transcripts for the BOG AAS. Wait months until the diploma arrives. I hear it takes quite a while at Pierpont, but other schools could be quicker. Enroll at TESU as a BALS degree-seeking student, and graduate with the certificate. (Then consider going for the BALS, but right now he doesn't want to spend time or money on a Bachelor's.) The reason for getting the BOG AAS completely done first is that they say you can't be enrolled anywhere.

2) Certificate first (preferred) - Enroll at TESU as a degree-seeking student, graduate with the certificate. Then is there a way to unenroll without letting the year elapse? Then do the BOG AAS. It says you can't be enrolled anywhere. 

Is there an easier, faster way to get both? So there's not as much waiting. Otherwise he can wait, but it seems like a while just to get these.

BOG would depend on if they already have RA credits (if they have 12, then definitely).
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Yeah, they have at least 12.

I thought we were just down to one particular BOG school because all of the others started requiring credit residency (beyond just the 12cr from any RA)?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(01-11-2018, 10:09 AM)jsd Wrote: I thought we were just down to one particular BOG school because all of the others started requiring credit residency?

Oh Sad Well he can go to that one.

FYI, I had never heard of a BOG program until I stumbled across it on this discussion board in early March, 2017. I applied for Pierpont the very next day. I was told in May that I would graduate in August, 2017 and my Diploma came in the last week of August, as promised. My Area of Emphasis was Information Systems. Pierpont really depends on when you apply, what credits you already have to transfer, and when the next graduation is. I thought it was a fast process. Oh, and quite cost effective.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • lstrickland27

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEEX for Pierpont AAS and later TESU Poloros 2 456 09-21-2023, 03:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Associates degree suggestions - confused about Pierpont/TESU, CLEP polices, etc um2023 18 1,641 04-03-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Completion Advice Pierpont/TESU shadowgem 77 11,697 02-14-2019, 01:51 PM
Last Post: sanantone