Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA - Accounting Course Clarification TESU
I need some course help. 

1. I need to avoid having to take full classes at TESU due to cost constraints I am under.
  2. I need to complete these courses as quickly as possible
Issue:
For the UL Accounting Elective requirements, Per the TESU website in BSBA "Business Accounting Programs" https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/accounting they have:

Recommended Subjects
  • Federal Income Taxation I
  • Federal Income Taxation II OR Tax Accounting II
  • Advanced Financial Accounting
  • Advanced Managerial Accounting
  • Accounting Information Systems
  • Analysis of Financial Statements
  • Auditing
  • Cost Accounting
  • Fund, Government OR Public Accounting
Per my transcripts, in the Electives section, you have this... "For TESU course options, go to Accounting Courses". When you click on the link https://www2.tesu.edu/evaluation/list.ph...BA.SPE.ACC,  you have these:

Cost Accounting (ACC-303)
Advanced Accounting II (ACC-402)
Auditing (ACC-411)
Advanced Audit (ACC-415)
Federal Income Taxation (ACC-421)

Question:
  1. Why is there a difference?
  2. Why does one say "Recommended". Are there other options from places like SDC that they will accept for these UL electives?
  3. MOST HELP NEEDED- I need options of where I can take these courses...except ACC-401 which I have already completed.
Any help is appreciated.
In this case, "recommended" means that they will possibly accept other accounting courses but they're giving you a list of course names that you can use. TESU does not provide every single course that they allow you to use for a given degree. See the data analytics degree: none of those AOS courses are offered by TESU, you must take them with Statistics.com.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Accounting I & II at Straighterline or Intermediate Accounting I & II - at study.com
Applied Managerial Accounting - Study.com
Cost Accounting - Study.com
Advanced Accounting - Study.com
Analyzing Financial Statements - Aba.com
Federal Income Taxation - TECEP
Auditing - Oakton

I think that's the cheapest options I have found.

You can search fo Ace courses here:
https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...rchResults

NCCRS might have something too... http://www.nationalccrs.org/
TESU only lists courses they offer in the eval. Their website lists things that will work in the area.

FastTrackDegree has a solid list. Most people that I know do the Accounting courses from Study.com because it's easy to stick with a single provider. They also have a course that will start to prep you for the TECEP (Accounting 307: Federal Income Taxes - it's not credit-bearing).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-13-2020, 09:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU only lists courses they offer in the eval.  Their website lists things that will work in the area.

FastTrackDegree has a solid list.  Most people that I know do the Accounting courses from Study.com because it's easy to stick with a single provider.  They also have a course that will start to prep you for the TECEP (Accounting 307: Federal Income Taxes - it's not credit-bearing).

What's FastTrackDegree?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BrianFallon's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
The list posted by the user above. It does sound like it could be another site, though, doesn't it?
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
BrianFallon Wrote:What's FastTrackDegree?

rachel83az Wrote:The list posted by the user above. It does sound like it could be another site, though, doesn't it?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing until I read the whole thread (again). Post#3 has the main list I would recommend as well. Technically the entire AOS should be test-out-able, especially with all the Study.com courses and the InstantCertCredit UL Managerial Accounting. It shouldn't conflict or duplicate with Study.com's Advanced Managerial Accounting course.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The list from FastTrackDegree is good, and appreciated, but I was specifically looking for UL courses, such as those that I noted. Not the lower level.
InstantCert's Managerial Accounting comes in as ACC-312 Financial Accounting II
SDC Accounting 301: Applied Managerial Accounting = ACC-301: Managerial Accounting
SDC Accounting 302: Advanced Accounting = ACC-401: Advanced Accounting
SDC Accounting 3030: Cost Accounting = ACC-303 Cost Accounting
Federal Income Taxation TECEP is ACC-421

Intermediate Accounting just isn't an UL course.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
NCCRS have several providers with UL Taxation courses. Genesis University seem to be tuition free, might be worth a try. No idea if it will work for CPA license though...

http://www.nationalccrs.org/course-title...e=taxation

And depending on the state Intermediate Accounting may be considered UL for the CPA exam too. Anyway, you should at minimum have 21 UL credits from the courses listed above and you need 12 UL plus the Intermediate courses for the degree.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 69 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 59 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 115 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,074 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 410 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 480 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,048 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 795 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts