Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA - English Comp II and study.com credits?
Hello all. I’m on track to finish everything Sophia.org offers in their catalog. I’m aware that COSC blocks ACE at 90 credits. 

I plan on doing BSBA general management. 

- Do you need English Composition II for a BSBA?
- Am I good at just College Algebra I, Statistics, and Accounting for math? 
- since study.com had a transfer agreement with COSC can I use them to go beyond the 90 ACE from Sophia?

I want to do as much as possible before I transfer so any advice is recommended. Keeping costs to a minimum is very important to me. I just had a heart transplant and I don’t have a large income right now.
Yes, you need English Comp II for a COSC degree. No, the 90 ACE credits are a hard limit. It doesn't matter how many providers you use. COSC only allows ACE credits from a provider that they are partners or have some sort of transfer agreement with, so that doesn't matter at all. If you don't already have RA credits, TESU might be a cheaper option because then you could use SDC and Davao courses for a BSBA instead of having to get 24 RA credits from elsewhere.
In addition, i don't know if Sophia English Composition II is welcome for COSC, based in transfer list it don't transfer.
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
Sophia.org's English I & II should go into COSC without a hitch, but you should be safe and email COSC if that is the school of your choice.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Do you need English Composition II for a BSBA?
Yes, you have to take this, and Sophia's English Comp II will work.

Am I good at just College Algebra I, Statistics, and Accounting for math?
COSC does not require any of these - but they do require business statistics

I plan on doing BSBA general management
COSC does not have general management as a concentration - instead, COSC calls it General Business

It sounds like you're mixing up TESU and COSC, and you need to make sure that you get educated on COSC, because they are definitely different than TESU. One thing to keep in mind: you need 24cr of RA credits at COSC, so your best bet is to use ACE to get all of the UL credits you need (probably using Study.com) and then anything else you can't find inexpensive RA credits for. You need to figure out where to find the RA credits if you haven't already. If you don't have RA credits, you're probably going to spend more getting those than you need to, meaning TESU or EC may be cheaper options overall.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-05-2020, 01:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote: If you don't already have RA credits, TESU might be a cheaper option because then you could use SDC and Davao courses for a BSBA instead of having to get 24 RA credits from elsewhere.

Although since the 24 RA credits can come from TECEP or Uexcel exams it's probably easy to overstate the difference.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,641 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Charter Oak Requiring 80% Study.com Course Grades Jonathan Whatley 44 5,652 06-28-2022, 01:58 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  alternate credits help please Draconikx 3 1,092 11-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Credits for a D erials76 15 2,571 09-15-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Skirtlet
  TEL learning for RA credits BrendaB 34 5,288 08-28-2021, 03:32 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Age of Credits ss20ts 3 1,242 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Is there a limit to how many credits you can transfer from one place? daharamu 2 1,065 12-07-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: daharamu
  Cosc BSBA capstone Clepking100 11 2,821 11-14-2020, 04:03 PM
Last Post: capers
  Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits? cecilgambe7 74 7,507 10-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Update on StraighterLine/ACE credits at COSC sambam0812 0 1,164 09-28-2020, 07:52 AM
Last Post: sambam0812