Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEL learning for RA credits
A couple of people in the grad section have reported that the grad school calculated GPA even based on scores for things like Sophia and SDC. So I'm pretty sure it really depends on the school and the degree you want to get. Some fields are more strict than others.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@Pats20 - Yes, 12 from TESU, 18 from community college. That would give them the 30 of 30 or 30 of 45, 60 or whatever number it is at the receiving institution. They only calculate the GPA from each and every source. A few members who didn't have enough credits for calculation, were asked for their Alternative credit transcripts. I wouldn't worry too much about GPA unless you're going to be apply to an Ivy League, or Top Tier. If you're applying to a semi competitive state school, or many other schools, GPA is just 1 thing they look at, there are other criteria that compensate for this, your admissions application letter can address this by asking them to look at your current alternative grades from ACE/NCCRS sources.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-27-2021, 02:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Pats20 - Yes, 12 from TESU, 18 from community college.  That would give them the 30 of 30 or 30 of 45, 60 or whatever number it is at the receiving institution.  They only calculate the GPA from each and every source.  A few members who didn't have enough credits for calculation, were asked for their Alternative credit transcripts.  I wouldn't worry too much about GPA unless you're going to be apply to an Ivy League, or Top Tier.  If you're applying to a semi competitive state school, or many other schools, GPA is just 1 thing they look at, there are other criteria that compensate for this, your admissions application letter can address this by asking them to look at your current alternative grades from ACE/NCCRS sources.
Perfect bjcheung77!! 
Thanks a lot
(08-27-2021, 12:55 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 10:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 05:15 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: It really depends on the school. Some want the most recent gpa(from your undergrad), I've seen them calculate a gpa from all lettered courses and others that just took it from mosy recent 30 graded credits.

GRADES DO NOT TRANSFER!  Schools do not calculate GPA's based on transfers - they look at the original source.  So if you took courses at 3 schools, you will have 3 separate GPA's, and the fact that you transferred credits between schools will have no impact on that.  A grad school isn't going to look at what you brought into TESU and calculate that as your TESU GPA - they will ONLY count what you took at TESU as your TESU GPA.
I literally said I had a school do that to me which they looked at my gpa from my undergrad, they looked at gpa from the other random schools I  had and calculated everything together and got an overall goa to determine if I would be accepted which I was. I didn't say it was the norm. Everything I said in my response to OP is what happened to me.

Sorry, I was trying to respond to the post #25, and for some reason it responded to yours instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-28-2021, 12:31 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 12:55 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 10:33 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 05:15 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: It really depends on the school. Some want the most recent gpa(from your undergrad), I've seen them calculate a gpa from all lettered courses and others that just took it from mosy recent 30 graded credits.

GRADES DO NOT TRANSFER!  Schools do not calculate GPA's based on transfers - they look at the original source.  So if you took courses at 3 schools, you will have 3 separate GPA's, and the fact that you transferred credits between schools will have no impact on that.  A grad school isn't going to look at what you brought into TESU and calculate that as your TESU GPA - they will ONLY count what you took at TESU as your TESU GPA.
I literally said I had a school do that to me which they looked at my gpa from my undergrad, they looked at gpa from the other random schools I  had and calculated everything together and got an overall goa to determine if I would be accepted which I was. I didn't say it was the norm. Everything I said in my response to OP is what happened to me.

Sorry, I was trying to respond to the post #25, and for some reason it responded to yours instead.
Lol it's ok
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,655 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  alternate credits help please Draconikx 3 1,093 11-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Credits for a D erials76 15 2,575 09-15-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Skirtlet
  Age of Credits ss20ts 3 1,244 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Is there a limit to how many credits you can transfer from one place? daharamu 2 1,066 12-07-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: daharamu
  Will COSC accepts my foreign credits as Non-Ace credits? cecilgambe7 74 7,521 10-22-2020, 08:29 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Update on StraighterLine/ACE credits at COSC sambam0812 0 1,167 09-28-2020, 07:52 AM
Last Post: sambam0812
  BSBA - English Comp II and study.com credits? ashkir 5 1,394 09-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Charter Oak ends FEMA IS credits 6\1\2020 Glen1 18 3,937 07-02-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: shaas
  COSC Evaluation with foreign and ACE credits akr680 4 1,619 06-13-2020, 12:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts