Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Gen. Mgt/ GMS Area
Wink 
Ds am nearing the end of completing the BSBA Generaral Management reqs. However, I need help in finding one alternative course (can be UL/LL) in the elective GMS area:

Instead of the Organizational Behavior course (SL) what couse can be put there? (Study.com is not preferred as the pass hinges too much on the final exam).

This is what he has so far:

GMS:
Financial Accounting 151 - SL                    = TESU ACC201
Intro to Entrepeneurship (Dual-Enroll)        = TESU MAN431
BUS309 Digiral Marketing - Study.com        = TESU MAR441

GMS - Electives:
1. Small Business Management (Dual-Enroll) = TESU MAN432
2. Project Management BUS311 Study.com   = MAN435
3.  He started SL BUS120, Organizational Behavior, but it's not going that well. I thought this would be another easy SL, but it's difficult to find the answers in the eText fast enough. Any input appreciated Smile
SL's Managerial Accounting comes in as ACC-303.

I'm assuming that since you don't want Study.com, then you don't want another type of test? So that rules out CLEP, DSST, Davar, CSU-Global, Saylor, TECEP?

I think that leaves Ed4Credit's Money & Banking? Not sure there are any other options except an actual course somewhere.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-17-2018, 09:26 AM)Excellente Wrote: Instead of the Organizational Behavior course (SL) what couse can be put there? (Study.com is not preferred as the pass hinges too much on the final exam).
[...]
3.  He started SL BUS120, Organizational Behavior, but it's not going that well. I thought this would be another easy SL, but it's difficult to find the answers in the eText fast enough. Any input appreciated Smile

As dfrecore mentions, there really aren't many alternatives to SL and Study.com, particularly if you're looking for something less dependant on an exam. All the alternatives are even more dependent on the exam to pass. SL is unique in that many courses focus more on the quizzes, so the exams aren't weighted as highly. However, I'm sure that also gets abused.

Just to clarify, is the problem with Study.com the speed he can pass the course, the difficulty of the material, or the fact that the exam has more weight? Study.com courses require a better understanding of the material, so yes they take a bit longer... however, the material is generally considered easier stuff... high school level material at best. Plus they only test you on the material they provide, which makes things cheaper and easier. They also provide flashcards and practice exams at both the chapter and final level to help with mastery of the material.

As for the pass hinging too much on the final exam, you only need a 55% on the final exam to pass most Study.com courses if you ace the quizzes, which is pretty easy to do... particularly since you can look up the answers if needs be. You only need 33% on the final exam to pass courses where there is a project or paper associated with it... assuming you ace the quizzes and the project/paper.

If your DS is that close to completing the degree, it's worthwhile to buckle down and power through the Study.com courses.

In my experience, when the material is all new, most courses take between 25-50 hours of study time to complete. Which is 1-3 weeks, depending on how much time per day can be set aside. If someone already knows a lot of the material, then all they really need to do is do all the quizzes and take the final, which can be done in a day or two. Partial knowledge falls somewhere in between. The non-Study.com courses and CBE exams are generally going to come in around the same, maybe longer as they tend to be more challenging and may rely on multiple textbooks.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Merlin,

what do you mean by "on the final exam, you only need a 55% on the final exam to pass most Study.com courses if you ace the quizzes, which is pretty easy to do... particularly since you can look up the answers if needs be."

To my knowledge, study.com's proctored finals are closed book?
(06-29-2018, 04:08 PM)Excellente Wrote: Merlin,

what do you mean by "on the final exam, you only need a 55% on the final exam to pass most Study.com courses if you ace the quizzes, which is pretty easy to do... particularly since you can look up the answers if needs be."

To my knowledge, study.com's proctored finals are closed book?

The quizzes are open book, so you can easily get 100% on those if you want. Assuming you get 100% on the quizzes, and you're taking a typical Study.com course, you then only need to achieve a 55% on the proctored final exam to score a 70% in the overall course.

Though realistically, if you're getting a 100% on the quizzes without using the open book resources, you'll probably do much better than that on the final.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
If you go through the chapter material on study.com I find it hard to believe you would get less than 55% on any of the final exams.   Especially if you take a few Practice exams before the final and review the missed questions.       I usually score 70-75% on each final  and I don't even study for the final exam
Do the study.com and if you fail take the DSST as a back up

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,794 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,056 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU 2nd Area of Study mysonx3 20 4,276 08-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,696 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,299 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,046 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,516 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,179 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,542 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,851 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98