Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad economy = no more ramen noodles
taylor Wrote:I'm going to add this to my Quick & Tasty menu. You military guys are creative when it comes to good eats. Thanks for the ramen tip.

I've heard (and I agree) that Ramen packets are a good choice to take on camping/hunting/outdoor trips as part of the survival pack (and they should also be part of a home survival pack). Reason being is that if you were to get lost out there somewhere, you could always use river or stream water, boil it, and cook a ramen. it provides not only hydration buy nourishment as well. It sure saves time from having to hunt or fish for some food. Their weight is also a big plus. Too bad you can't take cheese slices because they spoil. Unless they are in sealed packets like in the MREs. Little tobasco sauce packed up might be a good idea also. Big Grin
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
Ramen is Tastey but beans and rice is better for you and just as inexpensive. If you must eat Ramen rinseing the noodles not only reduces the starch but all the perservatives they put on that stuff. Personally I like an egg and dab of Tapatio hot sauce once it's just about ready to serve. Yum !
"Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts." Al Einstein

finishing up and hoping to start a masters before the end of the year

TESC ~ BSAST technical studies in Building Design (12 Civil Engineering courses to go and "DSST" counseling to go)

TESC~ AAS Electrical Mechanical Systems and maintenance
nrg1 Wrote:Ramen is Tastey but beans and rice is better for you and just as inexpensive.
Yes on the rice, No on the beans. Baked beans are not my thing, along with cheesecake, which is evil. :reddevil:

I can understand how the Japanese have rice as one of their staple foods. Great stuff, rice.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I agree. I like rice, not too crazy about beans. But if we're talking Mexican food, I just can't eat rice alone. I need some carne asada or barbacoa shredded beef with some onions and cilantro. I also like Wahoo's fish tacos, not real Mexican but some type of Hawaiian/Mexican fusion. Now if we're talking Japanese, Korean, or Chinese, I can eat rice with just about anything. Although, I try to stay away from fast food Chinese because of the MSG. Yes, I know some places claim they don't use it but more often than not, they still do. All this talk about food is making me crave some Miso soup because MI SO hungry.
TESC AA
TESC BA June 2010