Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best options to finish my CCAF
So im 4/5 classes away from completing my CCAF.
I need LMMS 6 credits, Program Electives 4 credits, as well as speech.
Im not to worried about the LMMS or speech course but I cant find what seems to be the best route for the Program Electives.
Im trying to complete these within the next month or 2 just to have my CCAF on my LOE.
Should I just jump into Natural Sciences and do one single class or do 2. It seems enviromental was an easier one but the other 3 credit courses seemed a bit more time consuming and difficult.
Any advice on where to run from here?

Edit.
I havent dealt with any science in 6 years or so.
I still have reasonable knowledge of it but nothing spectacular
Hey BThompson,

What is your AFSC?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
3P051
Security Forces
If you don't mind reading, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature is a test you don't have to study for. I'm speaking from experience. I've also had four airmen take the CLEP without studying and passed. You can choose to study for this if you wanted to.
And that will fall under program electives if everything else is completed?
I plan on taking principles of management and supervision as well as speech to complete everything else.
Will just need 4 program elective credits.
A site i found showed only 5 cleps that fit that category but looking at the degree plan it seemed more broad but not specific enough to know what counts towards it.
According to the catalog, the program electives must be:

-Courses applicable to the technical education, LMMS or general education requirements.

-Natural science courses that meet the general education requirement application criteria. Courses in biological, physical and earth space science are acceptable. Appropriate natural science courses are freshman and sophomore courses that satisfy the delivering institution’s natural science requirement for graduation. Not acceptable courses are science for elementary and secondary teachers, health, nutrition, and hygiene.

-Foreign language credit earned at the Defense Language Institute.

-A maximum of 9 semester hours of CCAF degree-applicable technical course credit otherwise not applicable to the program of enrollment.
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
bthompson1638 Wrote:And that will fall under program electives if everything else is completed?
I plan on taking principles of management and supervision as well as speech to complete everything else.
A site i found showed only 5 cleps that fit that category but looking at the degree plan it seemed more broad but not specific enough to know what counts towards it.

Yes, it will fall under electives. At the time it was six credits when I took it. It's only three now.
(04-23-2017, 09:11 AM)mrskitty Wrote:
bthompson1638 Wrote:And that will fall under program electives if everything else is completed?

Yes, it will fall under electives. At the time it was six credits when I took it. It's only three now.

How was this considered "easy" for you and no need to study? Are you saying the below practice question/answer is common knowledge to everyone? If so, that's BS.

Emily Dickinson, "Success is counted sweetest"

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Not one of all the purple Host
Who took the Flag today
Can tell the definition
So clear of Victory

As he defeated--dying--
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
Burst agonized and clear!

What literary device is employed in lines 3 and 4?
a) Metaphor
b) Paradox
c) Dramatic monologue
d) Caesura
[*]e) Anaphora
(02-19-2020, 01:31 PM)RKmerica Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 09:11 AM)mrskitty Wrote:

How was this considered "easy" for you and no need to study? Are you saying the below practice question/answer is common knowledge to everyone? If so, that's BS.

Emily Dickinson, "Success is counted sweetest"

Success is counted sweetest
By those who ne'er succeed.
To comprehend a nectar
Requires sorest need.

Not one of all the purple Host
Who took the Flag today
Can tell the definition
So clear of Victory

As he defeated--dying--
On whose forbidden ear
The distant strains of triumph
Burst agonized and clear!

What literary device is employed in lines 3 and 4?
a) Metaphor
b) Paradox
c) Dramatic monologue
d) Caesura
[*]e) Anaphora
[*]
LOL Not sure where you’re getting the questions. If you don’t mind reading and you know a little bit of English language rules, you can pass cold. Again, not only I did it but I also convinced my airmen to take them.
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GI Bill for independent and distance learning options BBryant165 1 1,319 08-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,094 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,797 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,792 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,135 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,746 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Best Options at TESU? Residency vs Waiver for Military Dependent. Silly_Me 18 5,316 06-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Options for someone who's going to be on a ship for 9 months! dfrecore 18 4,191 06-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Collegelady2
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,191 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,712 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr