Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bsba tesc
What am I suppossed to choose for my program/area of study? Or which one do you guys recommend filling my app out now. Was going to do the Strategic Management TECEP. Could I double major if I was interested in Accounting as well? How much do these 2 degrees overlap? Also what should I put for where it says have you attended college before working on cleps and study.com now also went to college almost 20 years ago at this point thinking about not even transferring those credits in. As taking these tests doesn't seem bad at all can I transfer those in at later date if I decide to do so? Is the Federal Taxation TECEP also going away in June maybe I should do both the Strategic Managment and the Federal Taxation TECEPS? Anyone willing to walk me thru this I feel scared that I'm not going to choose the right options?
Collegelady2 Wrote:What am I supposed to choose for my program/area of study? What ever interests you the most. Or which one do you guys recommend filling my app out now. What? Do it when you are ready to pay the $75 app fee Was going to do the Strategic Management TECEP. Needed for ALL Business Degrees Could I double major if I was interested in Accounting as well? Sure but as well as what? How much do these 2 degrees overlap? Which two degrees? You can double major for BSBA in two different areas, you fulfill the requirements of one degree and then add 24 or so credits in your other AoS. Also what should I put for where it says have you attended college before working on cleps and study.com now also went to college almost 20 years ago at this point thinking about not even transferring those credits in. As taking these tests doesn't seem bad at all can I transfer those in at later date if I decide to do so? Why not just transfer them in now, save the money and send these transcripts rather then paying the money for the course again. Is the Federal Taxation TECEP also going away in June maybe I should do both the Strategic Management and the Federal Taxation TECEPS? Haven't heard anything about the Federal Income Tax TECEP going away Anyone willing to walk me thru this I feel scared that I'm not going to choose the right options?Choose the options you feel comfortable with.

Honestly only do what you WANT to do, there is nothing worse then completing everything to only not be happy with the degree you got. I went back and forth on GM or Accounting and I finally decided I wanted a Concentration so I went with Accounting. The GM would have already been done with just one TECEP but like I said I wanted a Concentration so Accounting it is.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I'm ready to pay the $75 app fee I want to get started on the Strategic Management TECEP asap before it goes away and I cost myself alot of money. Is BSBA that I've seen alot of people do same as accounting different people choose different concentrations? I'm highly confused trying to sort thru all of this. Most of my credits in past were in the accounting field other than a couple science classes which someone already said I would probably have to take again as it is so old. So if I don't transfer my credits in now can I transfer them in later? Thanks for the response
Essentially, a BSBA General Management is already a Business Admin degree without a concentration or a concentration of General Management.
The other concentrations are all listed in the BSBA page and you can choose which one or two concentrations you would like.

I was choosing both CIS & Marketing but decided last minute to just go for General Management as the CIS courses are harder to find.
You may want to go for Accounting & Marketing or Accounting & Finance, it all depends on the individual...

Link: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration at Thomas Edison State University
Don't be confused, be prepared! You can transfer ALL your credits AFTER you finish your TECEP.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Collegelady2 Wrote:I'm ready to pay the $75 app fee I want to get started on the Strategic Management TECEP asap before it goes away and I cost myself alot of money. Is BSBA that I've seen alot of people do same as accounting different people choose different concentrations? I'm highly confused trying to sort thru all of this. Most of my credits in past were in the accounting field other than a couple science classes which someone already said I would probably have to take again as it is so old. So if I don't transfer my credits in now can I transfer them in later? Thanks for the response
I'd transfer them all, ASAP. (My lab science credits from *30* years ago transfered just fine!) The more credits you transfer, the more time, money, and energy you save. Smile
Is it going to look any differently if I had alot of classes that I failed in past because I failed to go to class?
Collegelady2 Wrote:Is it going to look any differently if I had alot of classes that I failed in past because I failed to go to class?

I don't think they would even add that to their system, they only add courses that you have passed for credit. Failed ones don't get credit.
You don't need to worry about the GPA or anything, apply and get your credits finish from other sources, then send them all in...

bjcheung77 Wrote:Get your general education requirements completed and decide on the degree while you're doing so.
Review the Beginners Guide in the Wiki and review the contents of the wiki as well.
You need to get yourself a spreadsheet going to keep reference and track your progress.

LINK: The Basic Approach | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Degree Plans: TESU Degree Plans | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Start with the FREE courses & ALEKS courses to get your math/general education credits/free electives
Then work on Straighterline/Study.com courses for the remainder of the degree (but capstone).

bjcheung77 Wrote:Read the wiki and Beginners Guide, get a spreadsheet up and running (use dfrecore's example BSBA general management)
Wiki Guide: The Basic Approach | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Take all the free courses first: Free Sources of Credit | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Follow these two threads and take your Straighterline courses. For Study.com, take courses not already taken at Straighterline.
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...548-a.html
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...1-via.html

I just copy/pasted what I did on another thread on the forum, review those links and you should be good to go!
Essentially - Free courses, ALEKS, Straighterline and Study.com to finish all the requirements but the Capstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok cool applying for those transcripts from those 3 different schools now!
Collegelady2 Wrote:I'm ready to pay the $75 app fee I want to get started on the Strategic Management TECEP asap before it goes away and I cost myself alot of money. Is BSBA that I've seen alot of people do same as accounting different people choose different concentrations? I'm highly confused trying to sort thru all of this. Most of my credits in past were in the accounting field other than a couple science classes which someone already said I would probably have to take again as it is so old. So if I don't transfer my credits in now can I transfer them in later? Thanks for the response

BSBA = The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

But then you need to have some form of concentration, most on here go for the General Management because it is 100% test outable. (Until TECEP goes away for Strategic Management). The BSBA is just shorting a typical main degree heading, then you would add something to it.

For Example I will have a BSBA : Accounting.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:BSBA = The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration

But then you need to have some form of concentration, most on here go for the General Management because it is 100% test outable. (Until TECEP goes away for Strategic Management). The BSBA is just shorting a typical main degree heading, then you would add something to it.

For Example I will have a BSBA : Accounting.

Synicaal is the BSBA in accounting 100% test outable? Maybe I will do finance and accounting double major?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,418 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,047 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  UW - First Competency-Based BSBA at AACSB School sanantone 0 1,126 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,545 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Question Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit? SCYankee 13 3,186 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,452 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,589 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  BSBA COSC UL Courses - HELP PLEASE jthatcher50 1 1,187 02-05-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  Requesting Help With BSBA GM - Want To Finish For September Graduation Lewis.Yim 19 8,693 11-25-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  BSBA Assistance Frogsear 3 1,179 11-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Last Post: quigongene