Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CIS-351 Software Engineering - Course Experience?
Is purchasing the textbook for $165 necessary to succeed in this
Course , or will the additional resources the course gives be enough to complete the coursework ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • gams007
(07-22-2022, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Pats20, if you have enough RA and 16 residency credits, you may want to give Saylor.org's option a try as that should be UL.  I am going that route first and then if it doesn't work out, go for the course at TESU for part of my 16 credits I want to take.  I haven't fully decided yet, but that's one of my options...

Hi. Do you know now if the Saylor software engineering goes for UL? I have just registered for the software engineering at TESU as my final UL before the capstone.
(01-04-2024, 02:35 AM)Armstrong Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 02:37 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Pats20, if you have enough RA and 16 residency credits, you may want to give Saylor.org's option a try as that should be UL.  I am going that route first and then if it doesn't work out, go for the course at TESU for part of my 16 credits I want to take.  I haven't fully decided yet, but that's one of my options...

Hi. Do you know now if the Saylor software engineering goes for UL? I have just registered for the software engineering at TESU as my final UL before the capstone.

According to the table, it´s equivalent to: CIS-351 Software Engineering

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ivalencies
Unless money is a huge factor, which is understandable. I highly recommend taking it through TESU.
That's correct, I would take the Saylor.org exam if you have some knowledge, you should at least review the Saylor.org class and practice exam, if you are at about 80% on that practice test, then you should do the final exam worth credit.  For $5, that's the best option...

(01-04-2024, 08:32 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Unless money is a huge factor, which is understandable. I highly recommend taking it through TESU.

I also agree with this, it can potentially be FREE if you place it in with the 15 credit residency at TESU, do that in a flat-rate term.  I highly suggest making a list of classes that you need/want to max the 15 credits, you can always extend the classes that you need, such as the capstone.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-04-2024, 04:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, I would take the Saylor.org exam if you have some knowledge, you should at least review the Saylor.org class and practice exam, if you are at about 80% on that practice test, then you should do the final exam worth credit.  For $5, that's the best option...

(01-04-2024, 08:32 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Unless money is a huge factor, which is understandable. I highly recommend taking it through TESU.

I also agree with this, it can potentially be FREE if you place it in with the 15 credit residency at TESU, do that in a flat-rate term.  I highly suggest making a list of classes that you need/want to max the 15 credits, you can always extend the classes that you need, such as the capstone.

After a very busy morning of checking this and that, I've decided to go with the capstone first and figure out the final UL credit a bit later. I've emailed TESU about the saylor software engineering course to see if it will transfer in as UL still. I looked on the saylor website and it looks like it might have lost it's ACE accreditation as of the end of 2023? I'll report back.

(01-04-2024, 02:51 AM)MrPanda Wrote:

Thanks for that. I'll double check and report back.
(01-05-2024, 03:20 AM)Armstrong Wrote:
(01-04-2024, 04:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, I would take the Saylor.org exam if you have some knowledge, you should at least review the Saylor.org class and practice exam, if you are at about 80% on that practice test, then you should do the final exam worth credit.  For $5, that's the best option...

After a very busy morning of checking this and that, I've decided to go with the capstone first and figure out the final UL credit a bit later. I've emailed TESU about the saylor software engineering course to see if it will transfer in as UL still. I looked on the saylor website and it looks like it might have lost it's ACE accreditation as of the end of 2023? I'll report back.

(01-04-2024, 02:51 AM)MrPanda Wrote:

Thanks for that. I'll double check and report back.

Looks like ACE is now listing this as a LL course
https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I emailed my advisor at TESU and she said this: 
The Saylor Academy course, Software Engineering, will transfer at the lower level: CIS-2510 and will lose its ACE recommendation for credit on 1/31/24.
Oh snap! Hot cakes! You still have time to get the UL requirement as it's not 1/31/24 yet! Go go gadget go!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-05-2024, 01:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh snap! Hot cakes! You still have time to get the UL requirement as it's not 1/31/24 yet!  Go go gadget go!

I already have it from SDC lol. I wrote a post on the assignments too, because they were so tedious. Then it was just a lowerlevel course. I did it with intent for WGU though. Reddit post I made: https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU_CompSci/com..._software/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 384 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 565 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 845 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Saylor SE course and transfer as UL experience? evenFair23 9 795 09-26-2023, 05:28 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  Software Engineering alternative mt_1994 14 1,216 03-16-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: gams007
Lightbulb SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy My Experience LevelUP 29 8,587 02-23-2023, 05:35 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,693 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Experience with TESU: MAT-351 Math Modeling, MAT331 Cal III, MAT301 History of math? StudentOLife 7 974 05-22-2022, 06:16 AM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  Any experience transferring specific study.com courses recently Sallym 5 889 03-23-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Sallym
  MAT-270 Discrete Mathematics - experience johndavid999 2 863 01-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az