Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIS Testing Discount
CIS Testing an NCCRS credit provider is offering a special. They do have a few courses which I have not seen in other places. Some are UL. Be aware that COSC does not take these, but TESU and EC or any other school might. I'm not sure, consult the school first. The format is similar to Coopersmith.

$99 per exam which includes exam, study guide, and complimentary transcript to the college of your choice.

Normally is $150 per exam, $10 for the study guide and $15 to send the transcript. So this a $75 savings.

http://cistesting.org/
I got this email too. Good promo but frustrating to not be able to see what the grading/ lesson set up is before paying. I know at least one upper-level psych course has a couple of written papers.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-12-2020, 08:05 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I got this email too. Good promo but frustrating to not be able to see what the grading/ lesson set up is before paying. I know at least one upper-level psych course has a couple of written papers.

Yeah I agree. It could be good for those planning to use Coopersmith because the format is similar. Also, the price puts it in the same range as sdc. I never actually used them but I sent them an e-mail once awhile back and so now I'm on the e-mail list or something.
(05-12-2020, 08:05 PM)harrypotter Wrote: I got this email too. Good promo but frustrating to not be able to see what the grading/ lesson set up is before paying. I know at least one upper-level psych course has a couple of written papers.

Are you referring to Abnormal Psychology? I'm also interested in getting details about their grading criteria and written assignments. Did you find that out?
Quote:Are you referring to Abnormal Psychology? I'm also interested in getting details about their grading criteria and written assignments. Did you find that out?

No, the course was physiological psychology. I emailed them earlier today to ask if I could get more info on the 6 courses I was interested in like assignment requirements & grading scale. I’ll update this thread with details when I hear back.
BABA, New England College, 2019
(05-13-2020, 02:00 PM)harrypotter Wrote:
Quote:Are you referring to Abnormal Psychology? I'm also interested in getting details about their grading criteria and written assignments. Did you find that out?

No, the course was physiological psychology. I emailed them earlier today to ask if I could get more course info on the 6 courses I was interested in like assignment requirements & grading scale. I’ll update this thread with details when I hear back.

Great. I bought the study guide for Abnormal Psychology and here is the grading for it:  Cool

The student’s final grade will be based on a final examination as well as research assignments.
Final examination questions will include both multiple-choice questions as well as written answer questions. The questions will cover all topics covered in the course and students will have two hours to complete the final examination. The final exam will consist of:
50 Multiple Choice Questions- 1.5 points each 5 Written Answer Questions- 5 points each
All final examinations will be proctored, either in person or through an approved online proctoring system.
Please see below for a sample examination.
Students are also required to submit two research assignments, as are found below, along with a grading rubric.
Grading for the course is:
Final Examination, 70% of the grade Research Assignments, 15% each assignment
I did the UExcel Abnormal Psychology awhile back and it wasn't terribly difficult
if you can do this multiple choice exam you can do the UExcel exam (and that means no written assignments)
of the course the problem is finding a place to take the UExcel now
Maybe I'm blind but... how do you get this? I only see the study guides, not the exams available for purchase.
(05-13-2020, 02:12 PM)bluebooger Wrote: I did the UExcel Abnormal Psychology awhile back and it wasn't terribly difficult            
if you can do this multiple choice exam you can do the UExcel exam (and that means no written assignments)
of the course the problem is finding a place to take the UExcel now

Excelsior told me on, on email, that they are planning to offer online exams in July. I might wait for it or just do the TECEP one. Both are upper level.

On another note, I will do Social Psychology (Upper) with Uexcel. I think it's my only option.
[-] The following 1 user Likes romoh's post:
  • harrypotter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discount Codes ashkir 19 8,255 04-15-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  CompTIA A+ Certification | Discount akr680 10 1,713 09-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: msa145
  July 2022 - $20 Discount @ Sophia for new members MidLifeCrisis 5 2,229 08-19-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  Study.com discount code renewed! mcquacks2 3 2,842 05-21-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: mcquacks2
  Sophia.org Discount Voucher...got one? knowledgeseeker 2 1,101 11-30-2021, 05:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Request for SDC / Study.com Discount Referral code eureka21 14 2,553 08-27-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
Thumbs Up CSM Learn Discount for 3 HighSchoolDropOut 9 1,417 05-11-2021, 06:32 PM
Last Post: NC Coach
  CSM Learn discount code rachel83az 12 2,717 02-20-2021, 03:44 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Discount Code for StraighterLine ss20ts 1 1,113 02-03-2021, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  Testing on Sophia elledee2020 6 2,259 02-02-2021, 10:08 AM
Last Post: elledee2020