Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP College Mathematics vs. TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics
Hello All,

Looking for some quick feedback on these two test. I have decided I am going to take one or the other. I am leaning towards the Applied Liberal Arts Math one because It is testable by proctoru and my local testing center is doing 1 date each MONTH right now. However, my dilemma here is I can probably walk into the College Math CLEP right now and be done with it. I may have to brush up on a topic or two but I checked sample questions and its some pretty simple stuff. So I feel prep wise College Math CLEP is the way to go. I did some of the sample questions for the TECEP and had to skip a few of the questions because I had no clue what it was talking about so there would definitely be a week or so prep time. Curious if anyone had any experience with either of these that is willing to chime in and give me some input. Cost wise doesn't matter they would both be 100% reimbursable. I just need to tell my job which I am taking. I made the call today to the academic office because I though I decided but they didn't answer so I am waiting for them to call me back to give them my list for this half of 2017 (much easier to give them all in one shot then to call for each one) Right now I have 4 I am set on, they are all required, but I am deciding between College Math CLEP and TECEP Liberal Arts Math.

Note: This is to fulfill 3 Gen Ed credits only, I have all my Math stuff done. I figure the extra three credits will just go in other, or will supplement if for some reason I don't pass the A & I Lit CLEP on Saturday.

We need to get CLEP to start doing there test VIA ProctorU or something how great would that be!!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Disregard this Post. My job/union doesn't have funding this year yet for reimbursements so right now the TECEP is in because it comes out cheaper when I factor in Gas lol.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
If you took ALEKS Intermediate Algebra, you can easily pass the TECEP. I got a 90% on that one, it was by far the easiest TECEP I've taken out of 5. Nothing higher than Int Algebra on there. Some consumer math stuff (percentages, averages, metric system), all very simple. I didn't even study for it (besides taking ALEKS Int Algebra, but I wasn't studying for it).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks dfecore, I think Applied Liberal Arts Math is going to win out mainly due to the convenience factor. However, I am going to wait to see how I do on my A & I Lit CLEP Saturday morning before signing up for it. If for some reason I can't squeak out a 50+ I will have to take the College Math CLEP to replace lost Gen Ed and then take something else to fill in Info Lit area.

As far as I know, no one here has reported back on the new DSST.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,177 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,530 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,923 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 229 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 495 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  NH Colby-Sawyer College cut their tuition 62% in 2023 ($46,000 to $17,500) Ares 2 388 02-14-2024, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 722 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  College enrollment rises after pandemic lull LevelUP 0 205 01-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 244 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 209 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor