Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Macro and Microeconomics
Is studying IC ONLY enough to pass the two CLEPs?
[SIZE="1"]CLEPs Passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]3 credits - Info. Systems & Computer Applications (10/16/06)
3 credits - Macroeconomics (10/21/06)
3 credits - Microeconomics (10/12/06)
3 credits - Principles of Management (10/23/06)
3 credits - Intro. to Psychology (11/06/06)
3 credits - Intro. to Sociology (11/13/06)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]DSSTs Passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]3 credits - Intro to Computing (3/23/07)[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Good question and one that has two distinct answers - yes -or- no.

YES - Only if you have one or those minds that can absorb all of the concepts easily and you have a gift and/or a background in macro/micro already.

NO - Not if you're human! :eek: . I used (needed) not only IC but used the Cliffs Quick Review book and the Standard Deviants video (a REAL MUST).

REA is coming out with macro and micro books in July too.

Good luck![/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Good question and one that has two distinct answers - yes -or- no.

YES - Only if you have one or those minds that can absorb all of the concepts easily and you have a gift and/or a background in macro/micro already.

NO - Not if you're human! :eek: . I used (needed) not only IC but used the Cliffs Quick Review book and the Standard Deviants video (a REAL MUST).

Good luck![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I agree. If you're completely new to economics....then you will definitely need other supplemental sources of information. I used my old Economics textbook from my community college for Micro.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
These two are the first two test I plan on taking. I will be using the Cliff Quick Study, and old text book, and IC.

Good Luck
what is this cliff quick study everyone is talking about? any links? Big Grin

It’s just a study guide put out by “cliff notes”. I bought mine at Barnes & Noble for $9.99.
ooh I got to look into that! thanks! hilarious

Don't feel bad if it takes a few days for the subject matter to "click" for you. I felt like my brains were MUSH and got so discouraged when I was studying for these two, especially macro. It did finally click though.

Frankly, I used IC almost exclusively because I couldn't get either the REA book or the Cliffs book to make any sense to my poor feeble brain. I also used an online book (see this link: http://william-king.www.drexel.edu/top/p...oToC.html). I didn't read all of it, but read certain chapters on areas I was sticky with. He does a good job of explaining concepts and graphs--MUCH better than either Cliffs or REA. (The REA practice test was very helpful though, as was the CLEP practice test.)

I had taken economics in high school, so conceptually I was familiar with the basics. Plus I took a lot of math in high school so the math side of it clicked pretty well when I finally got a handle on WHAT the graphs meant. (Thought I was going to tear my hair out with the graphs!) So if you've taken economics before, you probably won't have too much trouble at the conceptual level...it's just getting familiar with the graphs and the jargon.

I ended up with a 73 (74? I forget) on macro and a 65 (I think) on micro. So it is definitely doable....just make sure you know how to read a graph, that MPS +MPC = 1, that the money multiplier is 1/percentage ration (I think....double check that!) and is also 1/1-MPS. And be sure you can tell the difference between a change along the supply or demand curve and an actual change in supply and demand.

Good luck!
studyhard Wrote:Frankly, I used IC almost exclusively because I couldn't get either the REA book or the Cliffs book to make any sense to my poor feeble brain. I also used an online book (see this link: http://william-king.www.drexel.edu/top/p...oToC.html). I didn't read all of it, but read certain chapters on areas I was sticky with. He does a good job of explaining concepts and graphs--MUCH better than either Cliffs or REA. (The REA practice test was very helpful though, as was the CLEP practice test.)

This is what I got from the website...

Wups!

Due to some error or change in the server we are unable to honor your request.

Notice: After thirteen years, this server will be discontinued at the end of the calendar year 2007. Sorry for any incovenience

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Items on this server:

Essential Principles of Economics
The Covered Bridge Collection
About Drexel's Founder
Game Theory
Directory of other files

This server was created and is maintained by

Dr. Roger A. McCain, Professor of Economics

Disclaimer: This is Dr. McCain's personal web site and the material here is expressive of Dr. McCain's views, interests, and concerns only. Neither the Department of Economics nor the LeBow College of Business nor Drexel University is responsible for material on this server.

I think I pasted it in wrong...here's the link again and it should work this time. Sorry about that.
Contents

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 515 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,856 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 862 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,332 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,653 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,288 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,242 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,174 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,348 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 2,095 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar