Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
COSC - No CLEP/All Online BSBA Degree Transcript
I'm currently in the Capstone course of a BSBA in General Business (although really it could be a Marketing concentration) at Charter Oak State College. (Go Acorns!) Once I complete the course, I will graduate in December. I'm sharing my current advising transcript to help anyone who may be looking at applying to COSC and looking at ways to fill degree requirements. These are screenshots of what you see when you look at your Advising worksheet on the Charter Oak website.
Notably, I started with ZERO pre-existing college credits when I started this back in May, and did not use any CLEP or DSST. I filled all the degree requirements with StraighterLine, Study.com, Davar Academy, Shmoop, the two Sophia free courses, the TEEX free courses, and the NNFA Safety Educators free course. All courses were added to an ACE transcript and transferred in to COSC that way - EXCEPT the Davar Academy courses, which transfer directly from Davar as NCCRS.
Assuming I pass the Capstone, I will have spent less than seven months, and less than $5000 total for the cost of the degree.

*Note there is one additional Upper Level Study.com course that has been transferred in but at time of posting hasn't been added to this transcript yet to complete the 30 credit Upper Level minimum. The course is Marketing 308: Applied Marketing

I hope this helps anyone who is looking to complete a degree, but for one reason or another CLEP or DSST may not be an option...or perhaps they have or want Shmoop credits but don't know what to do with them. It's been a long journey full of head-scratching, researching, referencing this message board time and time again, and figuring things out. I really hope somebody finds this information useful. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I can probably put together a cost breakdown with a little more homework.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-28-13-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-28-03-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-27-52-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-27-39-PM.png]
(11-18-2018, 04:00 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm currently in the Capstone course of a BSBA in General Business (although really it could be a Marketing concentration) at Charter Oak State College. (Go Acorns!) Once I complete the course, I will graduate in December. I'm sharing my current advising transcript to help anyone who may be looking at applying to COSC and looking at ways to fill degree requirements. These are screenshots of what you see when you look at your Advising worksheet on the Charter Oak website.
Notably, I started with ZERO pre-existing college credits when I started this back in May, and did not use any CLEP or DSST. I filled all the degree requirements with StraighterLine, Study.com, Davar Academy, Shmoop, the two Sophia free courses, the TEEX free courses, and the NNFA Safety Educators free course. All courses were added to an ACE transcript and transferred in to COSC that way - EXCEPT the Davar Academy courses, which transfer directly from Davar as NCCRS.
Assuming I pass the Capstone, I will have spent less than seven months, and less than $5000 total for the cost of the degree.

*Note there is one additional Upper Level Study.com course that has been transferred in but at time of posting hasn't been added to this transcript yet to complete the 30 credit Upper Level minimum. The course is Marketing 308: Applied Marketing

I hope this helps anyone who is looking to complete a degree, but for one reason or another CLEP or DSST may not be an option...or perhaps they have or want Shmoop credits but don't know what to do with them. It's been a long journey full of head-scratching, researching, referencing this message board time and time again, and figuring things out. I really hope somebody finds this information useful. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I can probably put together a cost breakdown with a little more homework.
[Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-28-13-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-28-03-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-27-52-PM.png] [Image: Screen-Shot-2018-11-18-at-2-27-39-PM.png]

Congratulations and thank you so much- this is very helpful!
[-] The following 4 users Like nosey561's post:
  • ChrisGeo330, ed209uardo, karenmandatos, vpassenheim
When I sent my transcripts to COSC, I sent the ACE/NCCRS directly and obtained a letter grade for everything. I see you may have sent the info into ACE first for SL/Study.com/Shmoop and so they didn't come in with a letter grade. You can see that they "graded" your Davar courses!

For those going for a COSC/Excelsior degree, neither schools have a 90 credit limit from one source requirement, but they both require 30 UL credits for the AOS. Good luck on the capstone, you're already at the finish line! That's awesome and helpful thread. A BSBA for under 5 grand is a great deal...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 5 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21, josh80, karenmandatos, Stepeanie, vpassenheim
(11-18-2018, 08:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When I sent my transcripts to COSC, I sent the ACE/NCCRS directly and obtained a letter grade for everything.  I see you may have sent the info into ACE first for SL/Study.com/Shmoop and so they didn't come in with a letter grade.  You can see that they "graded" your Davar courses!

For those going for a COSC/Excelsior degree, neither schools have a 90 credit limit from one source requirement, but they both require 30 UL credits for the AOS.  Good luck on the capstone, you're already at the finish line!  That's awesome and helpful thread.  A BSBA for under 5 grand is a great deal...

Hrm. after you mentioned that, I went back and sent a transcript directly from StraighterLine for all the courses I had an A or high B in. We'll see if they replace the P with a letter grade or not. 
I can't find a way to send in transcripts directly from Study.com short of filling out a form and maybe they just snail mail a transcript in. COSC wasn't in their transfer menu. Excelsior was. I don't think it's possible to send a transcript directly from Shmoop at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • karenmandatos
(11-19-2018, 02:00 PM)elbebopkid Wrote:
(11-18-2018, 08:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: When I sent my transcripts to COSC, I sent the ACE/NCCRS directly and obtained a letter grade for everything.  I see you may have sent the info into ACE first for SL/Study.com/Shmoop and so they didn't come in with a letter grade.  You can see that they "graded" your Davar courses!

For those going for a COSC/Excelsior degree, neither schools have a 90 credit limit from one source requirement, but they both require 30 UL credits for the AOS.  Good luck on the capstone, you're already at the finish line!  That's awesome and helpful thread.  A BSBA for under 5 grand is a great deal...

Hrm. after you mentioned that, I went back and sent a transcript directly from StraighterLine for all the courses I had an A or high B in. We'll see if they replace the P with a letter grade or not. 
I can't find a way to send in transcripts directly from Study.com short of filling out a form and maybe they just snail mail a transcript in. COSC wasn't in their transfer menu. Excelsior was. I don't think it's possible to send a transcript directly from Shmoop at all.

I sent my transcript to TESU straight from Study.com. It took a little long so I emailed them about it and it sounded like they simply email it. But filling out the form is all you should have to do :-)
Working towards BALS at TESU

Transfer:
 41 credits 

Currently working on: 
Language and Literacy in Education (OnlineDegree)

Completed:
Study.com: Personal Finance 102, History 108, Psychology 106, Psychology 104, Communications 120, Religion 101

Free: Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Professionals

CLEP (free through Modern States): American Government, A+I Lit, American Lit, History of the US 1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Doodlebabe's post:
  • karenmandatos
(11-18-2018, 04:00 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: I'm currently in the Capstone course of a BSBA in General Business (although really it could be a Marketing concentration) at Charter Oak State College. (Go Acorns!) Once I complete the course, I will graduate in December. I'm sharing my current advising transcript to help anyone who may be looking at applying to COSC and looking at ways to fill degree requirements. These are screenshots of what you see when you look at your Advising worksheet on the Charter Oak website.

elbebopkid,

First off, I just gotta say - you're effing amazing.  Mind-blowing that you did all of that in 8 months. On a personal note, I'm aiming for doing my capstone at COSC in March. One of my last courses is the MAN 310 that you took from Davar. Since you got an "A", I would like to know if you rented the book or went with the e-book/MyManagementLab solution through Pearson (which is much more expensive). I don't mind paying extra if it's REALLY worth it, so I'm asking.

Thanks,
Victor
[-] The following 2 users Like vpassenheim's post:
  • Clepper43, karenmandatos
Excellent. It is great that you shared this.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes topdog98's post:
  • karenmandatos
Thank you! Very helpful and enlightening. Great job!!
[-] The following 2 users Like SuperTal's post:
  • alab21, karenmandatos
(01-03-2019, 03:20 AM)vpassenheim Wrote:

elbebopkid,

First off, I just gotta say - you're effing amazing.  Mind-blowing that you did all of that in 8 months. On a personal note, I'm aiming for doing my capstone at COSC in March. One of my last courses is the MAN 310 that you took from Davar. Since you got an "A", I would like to know if you rented the book or went with the e-book/MyManagementLab solution through Pearson (which is much more expensive). I don't mind paying extra if it's REALLY worth it, so I'm asking.

Thanks,
Victor

In truth, for the Davar courses, I didn't rent or buy a book. With Davar, they give you a set of study guide slides in each course. (at least in each course I took.) If you can memorize, word for word in some cases, what's on the slides, it's all you need to pass the test. You can just study the heck out of the slides and do exam and pass. Many people on this board have done exactly that. I followed their lead.
[-] The following 4 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • acamp, josh80, karenmandatos, suzycupcake
Hi, is there anyway to see you transcript another way. I can’t seem to view it. It is blurry. Sorry and thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 1 user Likes tinyham's post:
  • karenmandatos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,680 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,284 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,643 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,162 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  Help with Degree Plan origamishuttle 12 1,897 06-02-2022, 06:05 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium