Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CSM is INCREDIBLE!
(11-15-2020, 10:07 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:31 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Seagull Wrote: Does it transfer the same as sophia college algebra to TESU?

I already have that too but wouldn't mind another math course but do not need a duplicate.

It does not. According to https://www.csmlearn.com/solutions/individuals TESU brings it in as BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers.
Just completed the 2 hour trial. If not proctored I will purchase it $35 with 10% discount signing up for newsletter. Are there deadlines or completely at your own pace? How does it transfer to TESU at the end? Is the proctoring the same as sophia?
It's not "proctored" at all. They use typing pattern periodically to authenticate that you're the one taking it. No deadlines. Completely self paced.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • CSMlearn
(11-15-2020, 04:09 PM)collegechick Wrote: Is CSM algebra or just a general math that can be applied towards a science degree at TESU?  I'm confused.

It's not algebra or general math although it has elements of both. It's more or a "critical thinking" course that will satisfy the BUS-210 Quantitative Skills for Business/STA-201 Principles of Statistics for a Business major

(11-15-2020, 10:07 PM)Seagull Wrote: Just completed the 2 hour trial. If not proctored I will purchase it $35 with 10% discount signing up for newsletter. Are there deadlines or completely at your own pace? How does it transfer to TESU at the end? Is the proctoring the same as sophia?

No deadlines. Proctoring is biometric typing just like Sophia.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

[-] The following 1 user Likes GizmoJack's post:
  • CSMlearn
There is an additional step to ID verification beyond the typing pattern. You'll get notice to download an app where you'll send photo of your ID and have the app open while the camera takes pictures of you typing during the verification process. They compare typing patterns and check id.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(11-15-2020, 04:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:09 PM)collegechick Wrote: Is CSM algebra or just a general math that can be applied towards a science degree at TESU?  I'm confused.

I haven't done CSM Learn myself but it's not algebra. You don't have to pay to see what it's all about: "Each student can try the CSM Course for free until they are 10% towards earning their CSM Certificate or until they've worked for 2 hours, whichever comes later." From https://www.csmlearn.com/services

(11-16-2020, 12:58 AM)GizmoJack Wrote:

It's not algebra or general math although it has elements of both. It's more or a "critical thinking" course that will satisfy the BUS-210 Quantitative Skills for Business/STA-201 Principles of Statistics for a Business major
I've already taken MAT 135 Intro to Stats, so I will just wait to hear from TESU if it'd fulfill that 115 Algebra requirement for ANSM CS or whatever degree that is.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(11-16-2020, 12:03 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Seagull Wrote: Does it transfer the same as sophia college gebra to TESU?

I already have that too but wouldn't mind another math course but do not need a duplicate.

It does not. According to https://www.csmlearn.com/solutions/individuals TESU brings it in as BUS-210 Quantitative Methods for Decision Makers.
Just completed the 2 hour trial. If not proctored I will purchase it $35 with 10% discount signing up for newsletter. Are there deadlines or completely at your own pace? How does it transfer to TESU at the end? Is the proctoring the same as sophia?
It's not "proctored" at all. They use typing pattern periodically to authenticate that you're the one taking it. No deadlines. Completely self paced.
Nice. Is the entire weight if the course on the final? Or any of the work account for some?
(11-16-2020, 02:50 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 12:03 AM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 04:21 PM)Seagull Wrote: Does it transfer the same as sophia college gebra to TESU?

Nice. Is the entire weight if the course on the final? Or any of the work account for some?

There is no final exam. It is a mastery-based course. When you complete the work, you have completed the course!