Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I go ahead and get the residency waiver and graduation fee taken care of?
I think the AA and BA can use the same residency waiver, it's when you're doing 2 BA's that they won't let you. But I would just contact them and check.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-08-2018, 12:05 AM)Ideas Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 10:29 PM)docmarvin Wrote: A question about the residency waiver. I am working on both AA(3 courses left) and BS(7courses and 2 labs left). Leaving Japan and coming back to US so I slowed down a bit as busy prepping for the move. I plan to finish the AA and graduarte on Dec. I will have to pay for the residency waiver. Can i used that waiver fee for both degree given i finish the remaining courses for my BS and graduate by June?

TESU is not very clear on their policy, but it seems to be only allowed if you graduate with both at the same time. So if someone graduates with the Assoc degree first, then would have to pay again.

As Ideas stated you can use the waiver for both if you graduate with them at the same time.  This was repeated to me many times by my TESU advisor just within the last few weeks (almost in a 'warning' style).  They made it very clear that I must apply for graduation for both the Associates and Bachelors at the same time to avoid having to pay a separate wavier fee for each.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • MSK9
(06-07-2018, 10:29 PM)docmarvin Wrote: A question about the residency waiver. I am working on both AA(3 courses left) and BS(7courses and 2 labs left). Leaving Japan and coming back to US so I slowed down a bit as busy prepping for the move. I plan to finish the AA and graduarte on Dec. I will have to pay for the residency waiver. Can i used that waiver fee for both degree given i finish the remaining courses for my BS and graduate by June?

We've heard a couple of answers on that one. One is that you have to do both at the same time, but we've also heard that you can do the BS after the AA on one residency waiver as long as you do it all within a year of paying the waiver. I don't recall hearing anything that sounded definitive, though. I would definitely ask, and get the answer in an email that you can point to.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(06-08-2018, 07:43 AM)allvia Wrote:
(06-08-2018, 12:05 AM)Ideas Wrote:

TESU is not very clear on their policy, but it seems to be only allowed if you graduate with both at the same time. So if someone graduates with the Assoc degree first, then would have to pay again.

As Ideas stated you can use the waiver for both if you graduate with them at the same time.  This was repeated to me many times by my TESU advisor just within the last few weeks (almost in a 'warning' style).  They made it very clear that I must apply for graduation for both the Associates and Bachelors at the same time to avoid having to pay a separate wavier fee for each.

That sounds more like the rule for the Graduation Fee than the Residency Waiver.

I have never heard that you have to pay a new RW if you get an AA and then a BA within a year.  As Davewill said, we've heard lots of stuff from TESU advisors (much of it wrong), but I would advise anyone thinking about it to ask someone other than advising for a more definitive answer on this.  You need to talk to the Bursar.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would get it in writing too - from as many places as possible (advising / bursar etc). I didn't ask about the AA because I already had one, but what I received in writing said ANY two degrees (regardless of it being an AA, BA etc) had to be applied for and conferred at the same time. Others have graduated at separate times though and not had to pay again. It's kind of typical TESU - different answers, different day. I have emails on other topics where they contradicted themselves. Case in point, I was told with a second BA I had to take the capstone again. A couple months later they said I didn't. Both times I was asking about the same degree. I very if I emailed again I would get another answer. Lol.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • leland.kirk
After I added the AA on to my BA plan, I was able to use the same residency waiver fee as long as I applied for graduation for the AA immediately after I applied for the BA.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • leland.kirk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU graduation dates tobyisking 19 5,367 09-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU - Applying for Graduation dexter1326 3 1,685 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Cornerstone waiver Dowew 23 4,673 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Have the audits for September graduation (TESU) happened yet? leland.kirk 6 1,971 08-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Residency waiver @ TESU MNomadic 8 2,695 08-27-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Residency waiver for certificates Ideas 2 1,307 08-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,069 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,078 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,728 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork