Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you take a look at these credits and figure out the fastest bachelor's degree
Coastline Community College will be issuing me a Associates in Health Sciences. I just want to know where can I place these credits in the Big 3 for an additional associates and to get as many placed as possible for a bachelor's. Thanks in advance.

Navy Smart Transcript

Personal Conditioning 1 SH L
Personal/Community Health 1 SH L
Anatomy And Physiology 1 SH L
Advanced Emergency Care 5 SH L
Basic Emergency Care 5 SH L
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation 1 SH L
Clinical Nursing Practice 4 SH L
Emergency Medical Procedures 3 SH L
Health, Wellness and Safety 3 SH L
Medical Terminology 3 SH L
Nursing Procedures 3 SH L
Fundamentals Of Nursing 3 SH L
Health Information Management 3 SH L
Introduction To Supervision or Introduction To Healthcare Management 3 SH L
Medical Office Administration 3 SH L
Military Science 3 SH L
Pharmacology 3 SH L
Physical Assessment 3 SH L
Advanced Physical Assessment 3 SH U
Medical Surgical Nursing 3 SH U

Classroom

Intro to Biology 3 credits L
U.S. History to 1876 3 credits L
History and Appreciation of Art 3 credits L
Intro to Philosophy 3 Credits L
Intro to Psychology 3 Credits L
College Algebra 3 Credits L
English Comp 3 Credits L
Mass Comm 3 Credits L

Fema 4 Credits
You'll be much better off posting this into one of the other two forums, they may not see it here.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I agree with dcan. Sounds like you may be a HC? Are you still in? I'm in the Army, but I'm also Medical (Dental). If you tell me your goals, I can probably help you with a plan that will that will maximize your career if you plan on making military a career. First thing that comes to mind without diving into actual ambitions is the IPAP.
NCU MBA-HCA (July 2013)
B.P.S. in Business & Management - Excelsior (End of 2012)
B.S. in Health Care Administration - Columbia Southern University (May 2012)
A.A.S. in Business - Columbia Southern University (February 2012)
AHA BLS Instructor
I'm still in I'm a Navy Corpsman(Fleet Marine Force) I'm interested in Officer Candidate School. I just need the fastest route to any Bachelors. I wouldn't mind healthcare admin though. PA is an option but I'm losing interest in patient care.
As a current AT1 selected for OCS and starting training on July 8th I wanted to leave my take on this. Whatever route you take do not let your enlisted evaluations slip early in your career. You have an obligation to your enlisted job first. One you prove to the Navy that you can succeed in your field in addition to finishing your degree it will be easy for your chain of command to support your package. If you are interested in commisioning in the medical field look into the Medical Enlisted Commisioning Program, it is in OPNAVINST 1420.1B. You'll find all the info in there for the Navy's commisioning programs. As far as your degree plan goes it may be wise to do a BA in Liberal Studies. Best of luck to you and don't lose focus.
TESC: BS Technical Studies - Graduated March 2012

* I want to give this forum a big thank you, being a part of this community has helped me to achieve the completion of my Bachelors degree and has helped me in pursuing my dream of becoming a United States Naval Officer. I leave this message here in my signature for everyone to read and serve as a reminder of what this community, and the completion of a college degree can mean. I hope that the attainment of my dream through continuing education can serve as motivation for others. *
Thanks AT1, Nursing just isn't for me so MECP really isn't an option. I have been a model Sailor so hopefully I will get accepted when the time comes. Thanks for the info.
Well keep focused and continue to do what you are doing. This forum has plenty of resources and members to keep you focused on getting your degree. When the time comes to put in an OCS package be prepared to put lots of time into it and honesty into why you're applying. If you need help later down the road and you have limited resources to help you, feel free to PM me and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.
TESC: BS Technical Studies - Graduated March 2012

* I want to give this forum a big thank you, being a part of this community has helped me to achieve the completion of my Bachelors degree and has helped me in pursuing my dream of becoming a United States Naval Officer. I leave this message here in my signature for everyone to read and serve as a reminder of what this community, and the completion of a college degree can mean. I hope that the attainment of my dream through continuing education can serve as motivation for others. *
I agree with at2nfo. Liberal Arts may be one of the quickest routes to an RA Bachelor's; however, my side project right now is the Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management from Excelsior. They even accepted my NA credits. There's room for a lot of electives within it, so you shouldn't lose anything in transfer. I'm only going to end up taking 7 credits actually with Excelsior, since there is no CLEP for Information Literacy(1 hr) or Project Management(3). Also, there's the Capstone(3). Might be worth taking a look:
Excelsior College | Program Details

I don't have much experience with the OCS route, since the Army just cut the age to 28 with no waivers; however, I actually just applied for the Army's Nurse Commissioning Program, and am awaiting a decision. Honestly, I never thought I would consider it, but it's a step in the long run. Plus, there's an MBA/MHA program available for Army nurses. I'm pretty sure the Navy sends personnel also. As far as Healthcare Admin, the Army accepts NA degrees for commission. There's only been reserve slots available the past two years, but I'm keeping it open as a backup.

From my understanding, Navy wants you to have either an MHA or MBA w/healthcare concentration from an AACSB or CAHME accredited school in order to commission as a Healthcare Administrator with them. However, there is this program I have also been looking into that pays active duty E-6 pay while attending such a program for two years, with commission as an O-2 afterwards. The healthcare recruiters have been kind of hard to reach lately(probably until the new fiscal year); but when you get your Bachelor's, it's definitely a good prospect.
NCU MBA-HCA (July 2013)
AHA BLS Instructor
wmccullen Wrote:Coastline Community College will be issuing me a Associates in Health Sciences. I just want to know where can I place these credits in the Big 3 for an additional associates and to get as many placed as possible for a bachelor's. Thanks in advance.

Navy Smart Transcript

Personal Conditioning 1 SH L
Personal/Community Health 1 SH L
Anatomy And Physiology 1 SH L
Advanced Emergency Care 5 SH L
Basic Emergency Care 5 SH L
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation 1 SH L
Clinical Nursing Practice 4 SH L
Emergency Medical Procedures 3 SH L
Health, Wellness and Safety 3 SH L
Medical Terminology 3 SH L
Nursing Procedures 3 SH L
Fundamentals Of Nursing 3 SH L
Health Information Management 3 SH L
Introduction To Supervision or Introduction To Healthcare Management 3 SH L
Medical Office Administration 3 SH L
Military Science 3 SH L
Pharmacology 3 SH L
Physical Assessment 3 SH L
Advanced Physical Assessment 3 SH U
Medical Surgical Nursing 3 SH U

Classroom

Intro to Biology 3 credits L
U.S. History to 1876 3 credits L
History and Appreciation of Art 3 credits L
Intro to Philosophy 3 Credits L
Intro to Psychology 3 Credits L
College Algebra 3 Credits L
English Comp 3 Credits L
Mass Comm 3 Credits L

Fema 4 Credits

I'm not sure that I agree with "liberal arts being the fastest" considering you only have 24 liberal arts credits. That leaves more than half of even an AA to fill, and about 100 credits to fill in a BA. Maybe they mean that you could test out of everything, which is fast, so in that case that is true.

If PA is even slightly on your radar, you need to plan your BA with serious attention to the prereqs, otherwise you'll have to go back and get those later. I don't know what kind of options exist for you to do lab sciences on campus, but there are good online lab science classes, (I've taken many) and those should be the starting point when planning the degree. If you went that route, you're talking about gen bios 1 & 2 with lab, gen chems 1 & 2 with lab, A&P 1 and 2 with lab, and stats. I'm not totally up on my PA prereqs, so without looking it up, I think you're already at the math- but potentially sociology too. Anyway, if that's your plan, those classes should be part of your BA.

If any random BA is your plan, I think EC is the more "career-credit-friendly" option. Someone mentioned the BPS, that's one option, and of course you have a lot of credit that would count toward the BSN, and finally you could simply pick the BA most appealing to you and go forward. If you are looking at a liberal arts or business degree, I think TESC might be faster, but faster is arbitrary because you're deciding between a degree that takes 6 months vs one that takes 9 or 10? They're all fast- pick the one that will serve your career.
Cookderosa gave some very good information. I just wanted to chime in regarding the IPAP, just in case the OP doesn't have it or anyone else may be interested. The military's PA program only requires 60 credits, and you receive a BS after the first phase, and an MS after the second phase. To apply, you need(at the bare minimum):

6-8 hours A&P (no lab required)
6-8 hours Gen Chem (no lab required)
6 hours English (clep accepted)
3 hours Algebra or higher (no stats accepted)
3 hour Psychology (Intro courses accepted)
6 hours of Humanities/Social Science
30 hours of electives (can be from AARTS/SMARTS)

It becomes more and more competitive every year, so you want to have as many credits as possible and require as few waivers as possible.
NCU MBA-HCA (July 2013)
AHA BLS Instructor

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service = Credits Alpha 5 1,421 06-04-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Nuclear Associates Degree natshar 20 4,759 10-02-2021, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Straighterline 15 credits rayantanas 2 1,849 09-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  AF Commission with TESU Degree TESUAF 15 4,349 08-30-2019, 02:14 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  TESU database of military credits? dfrecore 8 3,360 02-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Earning a Degree as a Nuclear ET natshar 3 2,036 09-15-2018, 09:47 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  My Wife has 77 credits and just needs and Associates to get promoted. Please Help!! eliment 19 5,295 03-13-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,798 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Degree for free jshzglr 26 9,002 12-03-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: 22gunsonfire
  Advanced Enlistment with College Credits jmeitrem 15 7,149 05-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Last Post: C5259