Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Anxiety
Hello everyone!

Thanks to this forum I BELIEVE I am at the end of my degree. I'm currently at the end of the capstone, and have one week left to go. I started in the July term, but sadly my job has kept me very busy (traveling, late days and such) and I am WORRIED.

For anyone who has taken the capstone...I turned in many of my assignments late. I followed formats used in example capstones and I am not worried about length, but having turned in everything EXCEPT the first chapter (due to many formatting errors the professor said to truck on) late I am very worried.

So far I only turned in the 2nd assignment on time and received a 97/100. Should I attempt to get an extension? Just scared that I've duped myself :[
Have you turned in all of your papers and are waiting for a grade? I'm a little confused. If you're late but you've already turned them in, then I'd say ask the professor directly if you need and extension. If you haven't turned them in yet with only one week to go, then obviously yes you definitely need an extension.

But really this is a discussion you need to be having with your professor/mentor.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I thought so, but I'm up and just worried about it. I turned them all in, but I am waiting on grades. I will send my professor an email.
You shouldn't need to worry about the late assignments as long as you have submitted them all. Just wait for your answer from the mentor/professor and see what they say. When you email them, try to provide a reason why these were late, and ask nicely for leniency. Reply back with what your mentor/professor has as a response. I hope everything goes well for you in the end!

Note: For each late assignment, you get docked "late points", and they are at least 5% of your grade for that particular assignment. So, in essence, if you get late marks for each and every one, at the least you'll be docked is 5% of each assignment. From your one assignment with 97%, I think the majority of your assignments will be about 97% or so. Take 5% off each of them and that will give you a sample of what you will be given as a maximum course percentage.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
As jsd said, you need to talk to your instructor to make sure that you qualify for an extension.  Then, here's what TESU says about course extensions:

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...extensions

Course Extensions

Students making satisfactory progress may apply for one eight-week extension per course. Mentors must certify that 50 percent of the course work has been completed, and the student must pay the extension fee. Other than the mentor’s certification, no other documentation is required. The Office of the Registrar will process the request and notify the student of their new course ending date.

Students may not apply for (or be granted) an extension after the last day of the course. Students will be permitted to withdraw after an official course extension has been processed as long as the extension hasn’t ended.

A percentage of the student’s final grade in an online course is based on his/her participation in online discussions and, perhaps, in group activities involving other members of the class. These asynchronous “conversations” and collaborative assignments will not continue after the scheduled end of the original term.

A student who is on extension must notify the Office of Test Administration by email (testing@tesu.edu) two weeks prior to the desired test date or at least two weeks prior to the extension end date to ensure that examinations are sent to the student’s proctor when he/she is ready to take them. For online exams, students must notify the Office of Test Administration by email (testing@tesu.edu) at least three business days in advance of the desired test date to ensure the exam link has been opened.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I turned in almost everything late, then got an extension. I also got full points and a high "A" overall. The important thing is getting permission from the Prof BEFORE your assignments are overdue. If so, the Prof doesn't have to dock points at all. If you simply miss the deadline, then there's a mandatory docking.

There's no point to getting an extension if you don't have anything left to do. If you can't finish before the end of the term, however, then an extension is essential as the last assignment cannot be late at all, except through an official extension.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
What has everyone's experience been in getting mentors to grade chapter assignments?

I turned in Chapter 2 two weeks ago, and still haven't received a grade. Chapter 3 was due today, and I was really hoping to see my Chapter 2 grade before I turned in Chapter 3, so I could get a better sense of whether or not I need to be putting more effort into this.

So essentially, we start Chapter 4 tomorrow, but the only grades we've received so far are for Chapter 1's paper and discussions. (In which I received a 93/100, and was told that he was "going easy on us" for this assignment, before he picked things apart in more detail later on.)

Is this kind of lag normal? I don't want to make too much noise about it if it is.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
When I was doing mine we definitely were getting grades back before the following chapter was due. That's crazy if your prof is two chapters behind, it makes it impossible to know if you're doing the following chapters properly
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thank you for the confirmation, and I 100% agree.

(09-17-2018, 12:19 PM)jsd Wrote: When I was doing mine we definitely were getting grades back before the following chapter was due. That's crazy if your prof is two chapters behind, it makes it impossible to know if you're doing the following chapters properly
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
All of mine came back with grades quickly - never overlapping with the next chapter. I will say though that I made sure I turned mine in early. My professor graded in the order he received the papers. Still, it seems unless you turned them in late they should be graded well before the next chapter is due.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,032 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,679 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  TESU LIB-495 Capstone Ideas JanuarySunshine 1 1,655 07-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Enrolled in the Business Capstone course for the July Term. Anybody else? camjenks 25 4,904 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Last Post: keokat
  Capstone TESU d.cononge 16 4,772 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JayUsher
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 3,495 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr
  URGENT HELP NEEDED! Survey on Online Digital Learning due by 23 June for Capstone! Nightmoves5 6 1,779 06-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Last Post: fork
  TESU Liberal Arts Capstone omuneek 8 2,598 06-20-2018, 10:41 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Just finished my Lib Arts Capstone at TESU jsh1138 32 6,121 06-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  TESU Capstone: Annotated Biography Nightmoves5 9 2,257 05-26-2018, 07:03 PM
Last Post: High_Order1