Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone
Whats the use of your mobile in your daily living? Does it make you feel complete? or you think you can live without it.
I could live without it because I barely use it!
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
I don't even have a cell phone.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I just got my first one, but soon I won't be able to live without it! Starting your own company will do that to a person. Sad
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
I will not succumb to a way of life that requires me to be instantaneously available to anyone other than my immediate family, but I love my t-mobile plan ... pay as you go. For $100 you get 1000 minutes and are a "gold member" meaning your unused minutes roll over each year if you just add even $10 before your anniversary date. Since I use it just so my kids can reach me or to phone Dominos on the way home from a long day, I've put $100 plus $10 plus $10 into it for three years of phone service and still have more minutes than I will ever use this year.

A very cheap way to go but still have the convenience if needed.
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
cframe Wrote:A very cheap way to go but still have the convenience if needed.
I like it! That seems a wise choice to me.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
cframe Wrote:I will not succumb to a way of life that requires me to be instantaneously available to anyone other than my immediate family, but I love my t-mobile plan ... pay as you go. For $100 you get 1000 minutes and are a "gold member" meaning your unused minutes roll over each year if you just add even $10 before your anniversary date. Since I use it just so my kids can reach me or to phone Dominos on the way home from a long day, I've put $100 plus $10 plus $10 into it for three years of phone service and still have more minutes than I will ever use this year.

A very cheap way to go but still have the convenience if needed.

I also use prepaid service. I'm not one of those people who uses their phone all the time; I pretty much just have it for emergencies. I've got AT&T's pay as you go, which works pretty similarly to T-Mobile's. I chose to have automatic payments setup that charge $25 every three months. My unused balance rolls over. I get a bonus added on after every hundred dollars' worth of payments. I have the security of having a cell phone when I actually need it, but for $25 payments every few months I barely even notice that I'm paying for it.
Unfortunately due to a family member with a serious illness, I must stay plugged in all the time. Other than immediate family and a few business calls, could really do without my cell phone. Don't really use my home phone that much either. Rather have family and friends pop by or visit instead of talking on the phone.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Sorry to break the trend, but I don't even have a landline...lol. So no, I don't think I could live without my phone. Well, maybe I could live, but I'm not sure how socially connected I'd be...Wink
I've had a cell phone for 12 years now. There's no way I could live without it.

Especially now that I'm a small business owner. It's completely needed. If I don't answer the phone, someone else will and there goes that sale.

I just got myself a PDA phone....there's no way I could live without this thing now. I wish I had gotten one years ago. Forget the fact emails go to my phone, forget surfing the web anywhere/anytime, the calender alone is worth it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cell Phone Deal - OnePlus Nord 30 - Best Buy $0 plus cost for X days service bjcheung77 6 786 03-06-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Pixel 6 - I am eyeing this phone today! bjcheung77 3 668 11-28-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  HUSH - Phone Number - Lifetime Deal $25 USD bjcheung77 11 3,607 06-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Flelm
  New Phone - LG 7 One or LG G6 - Which would you choose? bjcheung77 13 2,167 11-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  What in the world is going on with all the Solar phone calls lately??? dfrecore 3 1,237 08-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Phone Interview Prloko 27 3,119 06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Last Post: scorched
  Warning about new 4S Phone burbuja0512 8 1,484 10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  HELP! Excelsior's phone is disconnected and e-mails from AOL are coming back P00057870 6 2,082 01-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  phone chat with student services AJU cookderosa 4 1,345 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Professor_Adam
  Free phone service SipGate+Google voice rickyjo 11 2,889 12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac