Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Rings?
My younger son is getting his hs diploma via Penn Foster and has asked for a class ring - I am horrified by the prices at Jostens and similar sites - anyone know of a cheaper source for a decent quality class ring?
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but perhaps he can consider waiting or an alternate reward for his efforts. I never see anyone wear class rings, even in an entry level business environment.

Maybe he can ask his friends and see who he knows that actually has a class ring. And better still, who actually wears a ring that was purchased.

Just a thought...
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Trust me, I think they are ridiculous - but he really wants one because all his friends at the local high school are getting them soon, and he's feeling left out.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
[-] The following 1 user Likes rowan555's post:
  • burbuja0512
(04-27-2018, 04:46 PM)rowan555 Wrote: Trust me, I think they are ridiculous - but he really wants one because all his friends at the local high school are getting them soon, and he's feeling left out.

That explains it.  LOL my high school friends didn't buy them and so I never knew who got them.     Yikes,  he'll get his ring and wear it all summer, at least while his friends are around and then once they all go in separate directions who knows...  Yikes.  I really hope you find a cheap version.   Good luck!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
(04-27-2018, 04:01 PM)rowan555 Wrote: My younger son is getting his hs diploma via Penn Foster and has asked for a class ring - I am horrified by the prices at Jostens and similar sites - anyone know of a cheaper source for a decent quality class ring?

Walmart offers class rings https://www.walmart.com/browse/jewelry/c...59_2130472
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Men's class rings normally start at $60 at https://www.limogesjewelry.com/class-rings and right now they have a sale for an extra 60% off and free shipping.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
They are kind of ridiculous for yourself, but I went through a phase of wearing my father’s class ring and was fascinated by my grandfather’s class cane from the 1920s.
Thanks guys - I found the WalMart one and he was like ewwwwww no! I'm going to see if I can get away with it anyway. He likes the rings with the black finish but those are over $300 and I'm just not wanting to spend that when I'm about to send $1100 to Ashworth for his first semester of an associates program.

I'm not seeing the difference between Walmart and Josten's - so I say tell him if he wants the "better" ring, he can pay the difference. Nothing like having to fork out your own money to make you thrifty!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm thinking of getting this when I graduate from TESU in June.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Con-Edi...SwokJairk0
[-] The following 3 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • dfrecore, jamshid666, rowan555

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Student signs up for class, finds out 2 months in that his professor died 2 years ago studyingfortests 5 727 07-27-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Class Ring pricing (rip off!) Vle045 11 1,985 01-27-2022, 11:51 AM
Last Post: freeloader
  Student Loans Cancelled for an Entire Graduating Class Jonathan Whatley 9 2,279 05-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Black NYU Student Kept from Attending Class sanantone 24 3,099 02-20-2019, 05:51 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Capes, Hoods and Rings High_Order1 14 3,365 02-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Johann
  What is the hardest class you have ever taken? soliloquy 20 2,567 10-24-2015, 03:40 PM
Last Post: nleamons
  Professor fails everyone in class ajs1976 8 1,358 04-30-2015, 01:10 PM
Last Post: defscarlett
  Class Dismissed - the movie cookderosa 1 989 11-30-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Big 3 Class Rings CLEP101 10 4,046 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  Message to the Class of 2013 IrishJohn 0 745 06-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Last Post: IrishJohn