Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clep- Financial accounting - TESC
I have passed CLEP- Financial accounting and TESC is just giving me credits for ACC-101. whereas their catalog says credits for both ACC-101/102. Can someone please tell me about their experience.
and if you have not got ACC-102 credit in first place but they later gave you.. can you please throw some light how to tackle them.
Thanks
Reshab (stressed)
Thomas Edison - BSBA - CIS

My Degree Plan http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfpm6vr2_19g9zhksgf
The 2008-09 Tesc catalog still lists the old 6 credit Financial and Managerial Accounting Clep test, when in fact it is (as of sometime in 2007) now just 3 credit Financial Accounting. You will still need Managerial Accounting as well, but there are many ways to do so, including TESC and Penn Foster. Check the forums for more info.

I hope this helps. Greg
Can anyone second Greg's post? I've scanned other feedback and another posted that the NEW Financial Accounting CLEP is still 6 credits at TESC filling the slot for Financial Accounting AND Managerial Accounting.

Thanks ...
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Quote:Can anyone second Greg's post? I've scanned other feedback and another posted that the NEW Financial Accounting CLEP is still 6 credits at TESC filling the slot for Financial Accounting AND Managerial Accounting

The only 6 credit CLEP that covered both Financial & Managerial ended in 2007. The Managerial Accounting can be covered by Straighterline through FHSU.
StraighterLine

The $99 Straighterline deal covers one month. If you need Micro and Macro, then you could knock them all off in a month.

Others have used Penn Foster for the Managerial Accounting.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thanks for verifying.
Cheri ~ Homeschooling to College facilitator
CreditsBeforeCollege.com
Geezer Wrote:The only 6 credit CLEP that covered both Financial & Managerial ended in 2007. The Managerial Accounting can be covered by Straighterline through FHSU.
StraighterLine

The $99 Straighterline deal covers one month. If you need Micro and Macro, then you could knock them all off in a month.

Others have used Penn Foster for the Managerial Accounting.

Sorry, Geezer, if the following are silly questions, but I've only taken CLEPs & DANTEs so I don't really know much about getting credit through other means Sad

Could you explain a little more what the process is for getting credit for Managerial Accounting from Straighterline through FHSU?

I mean once I complete the course and pass, what happens? I'm assuming that FHSU provides the credit for the course and banks the credits. Is there an enrollment fee with FHSU, or is that included in the Straighterline cost? How long are the credits held with FHSU? How much does it cost to transfer the credits to TESC? Also, which of the two Accounting courses will satisfy the Managerial Accounting requirement?

I hope I haven't overwhelmed you with questions. I'm just trying to make sure that I'm on the right path before I make a decision to walk down it Rolleyes Thanks in advance.
Quote:I mean once I complete the course and pass, what happens? I'm assuming that FHSU provides the credit for the course and banks the credits. Is there an enrollment fee with FHSU, or is that included in the Straighterline cost?

Correct. First, you sign up for the Straighterline $99 deal. You have to begin and end a course before going on to the next course, but whatever you finish in a month is still only $99. My son did both Financial (Accounting I) and Managerial (Accounting II), Macroeconomics (Economics I) and Microeconomics (Economics II) in one month for a total of $99. Straighterline then asks you where you want the grades sent. After signing up at FHSU as a non-degree seeking student ($30), Straighterline then forwards the info to FHSU. Within a week, FHSU then transcripts the Straighterline courses as FHSU equivalents. Anyone looking at the transcript would assume that the courses were earned at FHSU.

An important note is that grades are given for these courses and they are not easy. You will however learn the material...you have no choice if you expect to pass. If you decide on Straighterline courses then I would buy the course book (purchase used through Amazon or one of the others). So many of the questions are straight out of the book that it will cut down on aggravation.

StraighterLine

Quote:How long are the credits held with FHSU?

It becomes part of FHSU's permanent records

Quote:How much does it cost to transfer the credits to TESC?

Somewhere between $3-$5 buck for each copy of the transcript.

Quote:Also, which of the two Accounting courses will satisfy the Managerial Accounting requirement?

Accounting II

As an aside, the IC method will get you through Macro and Micro quicker than Straighterline.

Do some site searches on Straighterline for some more detailed info.

Good luck!
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Perfect. Thanks so much for the information, Geezer. I think StraighterLine is going to help a great deal. I appreciate the insight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,842 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,532 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,752 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Western Civilization I & II CLEP Banker214 4 1,613 07-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,691 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,615 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Accounting vs Business Admin Rustydroid 20 3,716 06-03-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  Help Choosing Final Accounting Courses AMRH94 10 2,911 05-10-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: AMRH94
  To CLEP the Survey of Lit II requirement: are the optional essays really optional? leland.kirk 2 1,229 05-01-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: leland.kirk
  Thomas Edison State College Upper level Accounting Credit - HELP! DeterminedStudent 28 6,013 04-19-2018, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Yenisei