Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clock-hour transfer possible?
Hi,

I completed a course program at a regionally accredited vocation school. However, my transcript doesn't list credits; instead it has course hours completed.
Would this be something that is convertible to credits and able to transfer into any of the big 3? 
I'm looking to start a degree in the same field as the vocational program was.

I found this in a powerpoint on the department of education website:
    • One semester or trimester credit hour is equal to at least 37.5 clock hours
    • One quarter credit hour is equal to at least 25 clock hours

Does anyone have experience/ have any information about this? Possible to apply towards elective credits or general education requirements?

Thank you!
Just want to provide the info I received back from TESU admissions regarding this:

Quote:There are two types of Western Association of Schools and Colleges accreditation we will accept: Senior College and University Commission and the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges. If the school is one of these, they will provide a conversion from clock hours to credits on the transcript.   You can look up the accreditation on one of these sites:  https://accjc.org/   for community or junior colleges  and https://www.wscuc.org/institutions  for four year colleges. 
Hopefully, this won't be considered a vocational/technical course. Even though a course might come from an RA school or have ACE/NCCRS approval, it could be considered vocational and not worth college credit.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-18-2019, 12:16 PM)sanantone Wrote: Hopefully, this won't be considered a vocational/technical course. Even though a course might come from an RA school or have ACE/NCCRS approval, it could be considered vocational and not worth college credit.

For my case the school wasn't in one of their 2 accepted accreditations so I wasn't able to receive anything, unfortunately. However, I guess as long as the school falls under their accepted accreditation you can receive them as elective credits. I followed up out of curiosity on how they would be applied: 

Quote:Credits that are technical in nature, if taken at a regionally accredited institution, are usually electives, as they do not usually have enough of a general education component to be used as anything else.  
It can be confusing because vo-tech schools can earn postsecondary accreditation from regional accreditors, but that accreditation is not for granting degrees. Penn Foster and CalCampus have postsecondary, regional accreditation, but TESU won't accept their courses unless they're ACE-recommended. Penn Foster has degree-granting accreditation from a national accreditor.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 197 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,090 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 893 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 978 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,593 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Columbia College - 90 credit transfer/60 non traditional bjcheung77 1 1,096 02-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Schools with very good reputation and good transfer policy? Ideas 46 5,653 01-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Last Post: MDela3
  Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits spencydub 17 2,527 12-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Credits that transfer to University of the People shnel 4 2,121 11-17-2020, 05:03 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Cheap RA credits to transfer in to CUNY SPS? DegreeBy2023 10 2,014 11-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts