Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmation SDC transfers TESU Data Structures
(06-05-2019, 02:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Much of South East Asia and the Indian Subcontinent is cheap for travel... the costs and standards of living are pretty low...  But the places (especially the big cities) are polluted compared to Western counterparts.   There are some nicer areas though, it all depends where you're going to be and which country, you can find smaller cities and it'll be just fine.

Edit: Oh and congrats!  Your list of courses are similar to the ones I am planning into my Comp Science.

Required Courses 18 credits
Introduction to Programming - Python OnlineDegree.com $9
(For learning purposes - I am taking Intro Programming - Java Study.com's version for $70
And I am also taking the Study.com Java programming course for $70 and other CS/CIS...
The extra courses are for learning different programming languages C/C++, Java, Python)

Data Structures (Java) - Study.com $70
Calculus I - Study.com $70
Discrete Math - Study.com $70
Introduction to Operating Systems - Study.com $70 (LL)
Computer Architecture - Study.com $70 (UL)

B. Capstone 3
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone $1125 @TESU

C. Computer Science Electives* 18 credits
Programming Language 1 - $70 (Study.com C Programming Language)
Programming Language 2 - $70 (Study.com C++ Programming Language)
Management Information Systems - $70 Study.com UL
Database Management - $70 Study.com UL
Information Systems Analysis & Design - $70 Study.com UL

Sorry I know this is an older post but I was hoping you could help me with a question about all those CS classes you were taking at Study.com? I am planning on taking several of them and I was wondering if you knew how much overlapping material there would be in the following courses:

CS 108 Intro to Networking
CS 113 Programming in Python
CS 107 Database Fundamentals
CS 204 Database Programming
CS 303 Database Management
CS 307 Software Engineering

I was also considering BUS 303 (Mgmt Info Systems) & 311 (Project Mgmt); have you heard about overlap on these?

I haven't taken any classes from Study.com yet, but I know you have mentioned that they are high on your list and while I have seen a few posts about quizzes being completed due to subject overlap I can't seem to find anything specific about these courses in particular so I thought I would see if I could get your input.

I also wanted to thank you for all of your very informative posts on this forum; you have answered a lot of questions for me!
is there any other ul computer science course for the aos for computer science other than linear algebra and the tecep? I have taken all of the ul courses at study.com I see some old teex courses but I need one more ul course and that both options are pretty pricey. If not I guess it is not a big deal but anything for $100 would be ideal.
(04-06-2020, 04:55 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: is there any other ul computer science course for the aos for computer science other than linear algebra and the tecep? I have taken all of the ul courses at study.com I see some old teex courses but I need one more ul course and that both options are pretty pricey. If not I guess it is not a big deal but anything for $100 would be ideal.

edited - sorry, no, I don't think so. Sad
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
tink Wrote:Sorry I know this is an older post but I was hoping you could help me with a question about all those CS classes you were taking at Study.com? I am planning on taking several of them and I was wondering if you knew how much overlapping material there would be in the following courses:

CS 108 Intro to Networking
CS 113 Programming in Python
CS 107 Database Fundamentals
CS 204 Database Programming
CS 303 Database Management
CS 307 Software Engineering

I was also considering BUS 303 (Mgmt Info Systems) & 311 (Project Mgmt); have you heard about overlap on these?

I haven't taken any classes from Study.com yet, but I know you have mentioned that they are high on your list and while I have seen a few posts about quizzes being completed due to subject overlap I can't seem to find anything specific about these courses in particular so I thought I would see if I could get your input.

I also wanted to thank you for all of your very informative posts on this forum; you have answered a lot of questions for me!

I just answered a question here, it'll apply to this post as well: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid305899

maxxor6868 Wrote:is there any other ul computer science course for the aos for computer science other than linear algebra and the tecep? I have taken all of the ul courses at study.com I see some old teex courses but I need one more ul course and that both options are pretty pricey. If not I guess it is not a big deal but anything for $100 would be ideal.

Nope, the Linear Algebra course is the cheapest, then the Network Technology TECEP. There are other courses but it'll be much more expensive (although not as expensive as taking a course at TESU).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 725 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 700 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,409 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 885 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 712 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,197 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,917 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,529 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967