Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Coursera - BS in Computer Science from top US university for only $10k !
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-com...cience-pmf

Coursera is developing a new online BS in Computer Science program that will award real degree from one of the top universities in USA!

The candidates on their list are:

University of Arizona
University of Georgia
University of Pittsburgh
Michigan State University
and so on

The program doesn't have any admission standard. As long as you pass their certificate program, they'll get you in. No language test scores required for international students either...
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-com...admissions

This seems pretty strange to me.
On-campus computer science program usually requires high GPA, calculus math skills, good writing and communication skills to get in.
[-] The following 4 users Like nomaduser's post:
  • Dodecagram, MNomadic, origamishuttle, ss20ts
That is really exciting!
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Anyone want to put their wager on something? Hmm, just kidding, my guess is ASU - Arizona State University. My second guess is University of Arizona. I think it'll be a good idea since the Ashford purchase didn't go as well as planned and the UpGrad partnership isn't as great either...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-16-2022, 11:33 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Anyone want to put their wager on something? Hmm, just kidding, my guess is ASU - Arizona State University.  My second guess is University of Arizona.  I think it'll be a good idea since the Ashford purchase didn't go as well as planned and the UpGrad partnership isn't as great either...

UoA's online BS in Applied Computing costs more than $30k after you transfer 60 credits.

Also, their on-campus CS program is really expensive. If they give away the same degree for $10k, especially without any admission standard, that probably won't make their on-campus students happy.

They're working on a new BS in Data Science degree for $10k too!
https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bsc-data-science-pmf
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • origamishuttle
Can I switch between online and on-campus programs?‎‎

No. The Coursera degree and the on-campus degree are not interchangeable. If you start the Coursera degree, you cannot later switch to the on-campus program.

The University of London degree is switchable to oncampus
(07-17-2022, 01:00 AM)msa145 Wrote: Can I switch between online and on-campus programs?‎‎

No. The Coursera degree and the on-campus degree are not interchangeable. If you start the Coursera degree, you cannot later switch to the on-campus program.

The University of London degree is switchable to oncampus

"Goldsmiths welcomes applications from students who wish to transfer to an on-campus degree. To complete your degree in two years of full-time study at Goldsmiths, you must have completed eight Level 4 modules successfully. To complete your degree in one year of full-time study at Goldsmiths, you must also have completed eight modules at Level 5.‎"

https://www.coursera.org/degrees/bachelo...nce-london

Interesting for international students looking to save some money...
Upon reading the details, the program consists of 23 courses total. So I guess students must already have 60 credits to transfer into.
Similar program in coursera is bachelor applied science at UNT, that also accept google IT support cert and require 60 credits transfer.

Another similarity with coursera MS program from CU boulder is the pathway admission, which dont even need high school diploma for a master program! as long as you can complete the pathway courses you are in.

This could also be post bacc. program for student who already has bachelor degree. Cu boulder has fully online post bacc program in CS for 45 credits.

I guess it could be UNT or CU boulder, or entirely different but borrow the concepts from both existing coursera programs. Just guessing
(07-17-2022, 03:49 PM)sialiblo Wrote: Upon reading the details, the program consists of 23 courses total. So I guess students must already have 60 credits to transfer into.
Similar program in coursera is bachelor applied science at UNT, that also accept google IT support cert and require 60 credits transfer.

Another similarity with coursera MS program from CU boulder is the pathway admission, which dont even need high school diploma for a master program! as long as you can complete the pathway courses you are in.

This could also be post bacc. program for student who already has bachelor degree. Cu boulder has fully online post bacc program in CS for 45 credits.

I guess it could be UNT or CU boulder, or entirely different but borrow the concepts from both existing coursera programs. Just guessing

OSU has a very popular online post bacc in CS as well.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(07-17-2022, 04:18 PM)MNomadic Wrote: OSU has a very popular online post bacc in CS as well.

Yes, but the OSU's online post bacc in CS costs $45k.
Univ. of Colorado has online post bacc in CS that costs $45k too.
So I'm curious which university will decide to give away their CS degree for only $10k lol
"Complete a series of for-credit courses in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate performance pathway while maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better to be admitted into the degree program."

So this certification is all you need to be admitted into the program? That's an easy cert that only takes 1-2 weeks to get. 

Does someone have a list of courses?

What about all the general education courses, where do you take them?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,448 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 322 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,717 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 263 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Georgetown Coursera Bachelors smartdegree 73 9,542 03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SilentWarrior
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,767 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Coursera Certs Offline natshar 4 371 03-10-2024, 12:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 745 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 215 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,312 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger