Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coursera Calc 2
I want to do calc two from Coursera, but I'm not sure which of their courses corresponds to Calc 2. Is single variable calculus the same thing as calc two?
I'm pretty sure calculus 2 is still single variable. It's more integration, I think McLaren series or whatever his name is, revolving around x and y axis, and etc... is what I remember. I'm not sure Coursera is ACE accredited though. You may want to check that if you trying to transfer it in.
Code:
BU: 0/32 SH | Masters of Science in Software Development

TESU: 3 SH GPA: 4.00 | BA in LS & AS in NSM (CS, Math) 
Excelsior: 18 SH GPA: 4.00 | AAS in Tech Studies (Electronic/Instrumentation Technologies) High Honors GPA: 3.79

CCP: 53 SH GPA: 3.88 (3 Courses In Progress) Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
TU: 12 SH GPA: 3.91
CTC: 3 SH GPA: 4.00
CHC: ENGU100-A; MATHU203-B; CMSCU210-B; CITU260-A; CITU190-A
San Diego CC: 1 SH

CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-60; College Composition Modular-57;
     Information Systems & Computer Applications-53; College Mathematics-50;
     Principles of Marketing-55
DSST: Introduction to Computing-423; Principles of Supervision-410;
     Introduction to Business-415; Technical Writing-51
Study: 21 SH
Institute: 2 SH
TEEX: 4 SH
Sophia: 2 SH

Certificates: Computer Operator (USMAP) || ICDL_US ||
             Coursera (UPenn) - Computational Thinking for Problem Solving

USN: (Electronics Technician): 88 LL / 18 UL (ACE Evaluation - JST)
(08-08-2019, 08:59 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: I'm pretty sure calculus 2 is still single variable. It's more integration, I think McLaren series or whatever his name is, revolving around x and y axis, and etc... is what I remember. I'm not sure Coursera is ACE accredited though. You may want to check that if you trying to transfer it in.

Coursera is not for credit. I just want to learn it through them first so I don't need to pay a monthly subscription to Straiterline for more than one month. Therefore, I need to know if their course will be Calculus Two.
What topics are covered in Calculus 1 vs Calculus 2 differ depending on the specific classes, so you should see if the syllabus is available for StraighterLine's version to know what you're going to need to learn. Typically, Calculus 1 focuses on differential calculus while Calculus 2 focuses on integral calculus
Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • MrBossmanJr
(08-08-2019, 09:53 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: What topics are covered in Calculus 1 vs Calculus 2 differ depending on the specific classes, so you should see if the syllabus is available for StraighterLine's version to know what you're going to need to learn. Typically, Calculus 1 focuses on differential calculus while Calculus 2 focuses on integral calculus

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera, udacity, alison, courses.com, academicearth SCYankee 17 647 06-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Calc 1 Platform and Difficulty: Study.Com vs. StraighterLine ? acamp 4 494 08-08-2018, 07:22 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Calc 1 Provider? acamp 7 580 05-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Last Post: alexf.1990
  What's the deal with Coursera? Silly_Me 3 799 08-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Thorne