Covid Update
Lots of stuff happening.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...80687.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavir...story.html

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-an...t-covid-19
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alpha's post:
  • jsd
Here we go again with this COVID stuff.

Well, this thread will be closed within 48 hours if anyone comments on it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
The last thread was closed because of the manner of your posting.  If you'll behave yourself then it will remain open.
(12-22-2021, 03:03 PM)Alpha Wrote: The last thread was closed because of the manner of your posting.  If you'll behave yourself then it will remain open.

Yes, I said it's possible that with millions of people going through airports, Omicron COVID can get into countries despite testing which is true.

"Your" thread is controversial because people have different views on all this COVID stuff.  Then fights break out, then the thread is closed. 

You could start a thread saying "God Isn't Real" and get the same result.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Thank you for sharing these three different, yet all hopeful, news stories. Although the Army developing a One Ring vaccine kinda makes me think of I Am Legend, lol. I mean, it will be fine, I'm sure, but we're truly living in strange days...
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • uncapentin
(12-22-2021, 03:06 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-22-2021, 03:03 PM)Alpha Wrote: The last thread was closed because of the manner of your posting.  If you'll behave yourself then it will remain open.

Yes, I said it's possible that with millions of people going through airports, Omicron COVID can get into countries despite testing which is true.

"Your" thread is controversial because people have different views on all this COVID stuff.  Then fights break out, then the thread is closed. 

You could start a thread saying "God Isn't Real" and get the same result.

That's not at all what you said.  Anyone who needs a reminder can find it here
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...nt-FYI-FAQ

"Do you realize we got millions of people pouring in over the border unchecked?  

All they do is ask questions at the airport, which doesn't stop a virus from coming in. 

We never stopped any variant from coming into the U.S., and this will be no exception.  The same pattern will occur. It gets into Asia/Europe, then right to the U.S.

All governments do is use COVID to gain power.  The more fear, hate, and chaos, the more power they can grab."

Happily, most of the people on this board are perfectly capable of holding a conversation with someone, even if they disagree on some elements.  That is actually one of the primary purposes of these boards.  Other people use wild exaggeration, bad logic, misinformation and provocative statements in order to try to bolster beliefs that are unsupported by fact.
BTW, I think I'll start that "God Isn't Real" thread, just to see what happens.
(12-22-2021, 03:32 PM)Alpha Wrote: BTW, I think I'll start that "God Isn't Real" thread, just to see what happens.

That's not at all what you said.  

gl with that.

You make many accusations and condescending remarks, which is fighting with someone.  That isn't productive and does not help engage in a conversation with good intentions.

Please send me a memo when any country gets rid of COVID 100%.  Otherwise, I'm done with discussing COVID.

Merry Christmas.

he didn't post anything abusive

you can go here
https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coron...ns/africa/
scroll down to
Daily statistics in Africa
and see that while the number of infections is skyrocketing the number of deaths is dropping
(12-22-2021, 04:48 PM)bluebooger Wrote:

he didn't post anything abusive

And I never said that he did.
Thank goodness LevelUp is done discussing COVID. I look forward to hearing what everyone else has to say about it now.

And thanks for the links, Alpha. I see the first one as especially good news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wow's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon ‘censored’ COVID-19 vaccine books after ‘feeling pressure’ from Biden White Ho Charles Fout 1 398 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 700 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
Exclamation Boston University Doctors Create New COVID Variant that Has 80% Kill Rate LevelUP 10 1,088 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: inf
  Govt. Update on Masks LevelUP 54 1,314 02-11-2022, 06:13 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Should You Be Required to Show a COVID Vaccination Card In Order to Vote? LevelUP 44 4,247 08-29-2021, 04:14 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
Big Grin 2 COVID Vaccines Approved, End to Pandemic in Sight?? LevelUP 140 13,616 04-27-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Commencements During COVID natshar 6 1,173 04-02-2021, 06:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Anyone Else Getting Sick of This COVID Crap? LevelUP 33 3,428 07-26-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: StoicJ
  Second Wave - Coronavirus/Covid has begun! bjcheung77 3 1,128 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Discounted Tuition & COVID-19 jinsoo 5 1,481 07-05-2020, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ss20ts