Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Credit for ALEKS Corp (McGraw Hill) Online courses in College Algebra & Statistics
Just wanted to say that I'm currently taking the trigonometry course, and I came across a question that can't be answered. It's a triangle, and you're suppose to find the lengths of the other three sides based on the measurements of the three sides they give, but the only problem is that they don't give the measurements for the other three sides, making the problem unsolvable! I emailed ALEKS about this and they weren't helpful at all, they told me if I didn't know how to solve it, I should select the "I don't know this" button. Like I said, there's no way to solve this because they don't give all the information needed, and unlike many other problems there's no option to select "no solution" or anything like that. Has anyone else had this problem before?
bigpurplehead Wrote:It's a triangle, and you're suppose to find the lengths of the other three sides based on the measurements of the three sides they give, but the only problem is that they don't give the measurements for the other three sides, making the problem unsolvable!

I think the problem you are describing requires solving by using the angles of the triangle
Solving Triangles (Trig without Tears Part 5)
you could also check for examples on purplemath.com also
check under calculating angles on mathway.com - right angle trigonometry

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
I'm fairly new to this, but I was wondering if ALEKS will give me credits for Math and Science.

I'm a TESC student taking HSEP, those are basically my weaknesses and was hoping I could go though ALEKS at my own pace to get credit for 2 science and 1 math.

I went through Fema and received a ton of credits towards my degree as well as some previous courses I've done years ago.
Here is a list of their offerings:ALEKS Course Products

It looks like you can get some math credits but nothing in science because there aren't any ACE-approved science offerings.
I was going to start a new ALEKS thread. But this thread is so enormous, why let it sleep? :coolgleam:

So, I found a 2-month free trail. (edited to include link) Request Free Trial It says it's for your children. Anyone (adults) use the coupon successfully for courses that qualify for ACE credit? I don't want to register if it's really is only for our children. But if I can get 2 months free, that would be so cool! I should be able to get 3 -5 courses finished. What a great deal that would be!

I'm planning to take College Algebra and PreCalc, Intro to Stats, Bus Stats and Stats for Behavioral Sciences. Anyone know (for certain) if any of these courses are considered duplicates by COSC?

Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,472 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,452 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,091 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,074 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,837 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,908 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,082 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,962 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk