Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAVAR June - Unlimited exams $99
Cdnbackpacker Wrote:Does anybody know what grade is needed to pass through davar? I want to crush as many gen ed courses as possible during this sale and can't find any info on passing grades so far.

70%, they follow the NCCRS guidelines. Think of them as an alternative to ACE, actually, they are.
Just a smaller version of them. About 1500+ schools accept them for credit, ACE has about 2000+.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:70%, they follow the NCCRS guidelines. Think of them as an alternative to ACE, actually, they are.
Just a smaller version of them. About 1500+ schools accept them for credit, ACE has about 2000+.

Thank you good sir, informative as always.
Also NCCRS doesn't have accounts and transcripts like ACE does. You have the transcript sent from the place you took the courses e.g. Davar.
BrandeX Wrote:Also NCCRS doesn't have accounts and transcripts like ACE does. You have the transcript sent from the place you took the courses e.g. Davar.

It's cool that Davar gives 2 free transcripts.

I just wish there was some information on how these transfer in to Excelsior. I can't really find anything online. I suspect a lot of the courses listed as NCCRS upper level, but are lower level intro courses everywhere else, won't actually transcribe as upper level.
BrandeX Wrote:I just wish there was some information on how these transfer in to Excelsior. I can't really find anything online. I suspect a lot of the courses listed as NCCRS upper level, but are lower level intro courses everywhere else, won't actually transcribe as upper level.

Excelsior usually follows ACE/NCCRS recommendations.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
You have to wait 2 months to retake (ouch), and can retake twice.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:You have to wait 2 months to retake (ouch), and can retake twice.

OUCH! 2 months is way to long
For me, I find Davar about the same as Saylor. I downloaded some "study material" from them (Earth Science) just to try out their course offering.
From looking at the document, it's like a Powerpoint presentation converted to a PDF. With links to Youtube videos for "more details". Interesting.
If I took more time to dig into it a bit, I would assume it's very similar to Saylor - grade is weighted on 1 exam - 70% is what you need to pass.
I mean, for individuals with experience in that particular course, if you know the material, easy credits (I took Environmental Science at SL).

I downloaded their other Earth Science course - Meteorology - the setup is the same, zip with 3 files (chapter quizzes folder, syllabus, study guide).
I wonder if there are other type of activities, coursework, discussions, projects, or anything else included in any other offerings they have.
If they don't, then they should be an easy 3 credits as long as you "know the study guide and chapter quizzes well enough". If I needed the extra
credits, or require them for general education electives, I would jump on this deal that they have for the month of June. Good luck to all!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:For me, I find Davar about the same as Saylor. I downloaded some "study material" from them (Earth Science) just to try out their course offering.
From looking at the document, it's like a Powerpoint presentation converted to a PDF. With links to Youtube videos for "more details". Interesting.
If I took more time to dig into it a bit, I would assume it's very similar to Saylor - grade is weighted on 1 exam - 70% is what you need to pass.
I mean, for individuals with experience in that particular course, if you know the material, easy credits (I took Environmental Science at SL).

I downloaded their other Earth Science course - Meteorology - the setup is the same, zip with 3 files (chapter quizzes folder, syllabus, study guide).
I wonder if there are other type of activities, coursework, discussions, projects, or anything else included in any other offerings they have.
If they don't, then they should be an easy 3 credits as long as you "know the study guide and chapter quizzes well enough". If I needed the extra
credits, or require them for general education electives, I would jump on this deal that they have for the month of June. Good luck to all!

I am kind of scared with the 2 month wait. I only need to have international management and the capstone to graduate. I am doing Davar Man 330 international management to avoid the 4 papers that study.com has. I cant wait 2 months to pass the course to graduate in Sept.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,295 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,123 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com final exams lidel 15 3,181 05-23-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 809 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Saylor Direct Credit Final Exams Kimberly526 2 1,422 04-18-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Kimberly526
  Straighterline Exams Retake Policy? Pats20 2 1,812 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions for anyone who has taken ACTFL exams rachel83az 6 1,180 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM
Last Post: jazzcat
Information Avant Assessment: Language Proficiency Exams for ACE Credit MNomadic 4 955 02-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: irishboy83
  Can't purchase more exams per month at SDC? jamshid666 6 1,158 10-27-2021, 04:52 AM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 1,823 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL