Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Advanced English Composition
Fingers crossed that my advisors approve this exam for my English 102/comp II credit. What can I do to prep for it? Is it worth paying for study.com's prep session? I do have the Guardian Scholarship, but time is of the essence and I don't know that I will be able to plow through Personal Finance as quickly as I would like.

I'm also looking for cheap community colleges online (Central New Mexico being one of them) as I would like to do this as quickly as possible. The DSST is the only exam I can wrap my head around prepping for at this time.

Thanks for any input!
I don't think anyone on here has given any feedback for this exam, as it's fairly new. Which means no one has taken the Study.com prep course for it either.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There are a couple threads, not very detailed. I passed it this month, keep meaning to write up a description.

The sample questions on the fact sheet are representative. I didn't really study.

If you've specific questions let me know.
JamesIE Wrote:There are a couple threads, not very detailed. I passed it this month, keep meaning to write up a description.

The sample questions on the fact sheet are representative. I didn't really study.

If you've specific questions let me know.
Is this like College Composition CLEP?
Looking forward to the write-up, I had it added to my eval and plan to do it in the next couple months.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

mrskitty Wrote:Is this like College Composition CLEP?

It is like the College Composition Modular CLEP in that there is no essay. It count for English Comp II (at TESU anyway). You have to check with your particular school to see if it will be accepted as such.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:It is like the College Composition Modular CLEP in that there is no essay. It count for English Comp II (at TESU anyway). You have to check with your particular school to see if it will be accepted as such.
I took the Modular many years ago. I can't remember what it had. I just took the College Composition. If I don't pass that, I'm hoping my school accepts this new one as Eng 121.
Checking back in to see if anyone has more info about this test. Best preparation method/ study guide/ etc...? Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Silly_Me's post:
  • docmarvin
DD passed CLEP College Composition Modular for the first semester of English.

Her college accepts the DSST Advanced English Composition for the second semester of English. She attempted this exam last summer cold and scored a 350. (Is this close to passing?) The exam is so new there were no books available to prepare for it.

We have now purchased the newly published PassYourClass book for DSST Principles of Advanced English Composition. She prefers REA books with their respective online practice tests. This book has limited instruction, 79 practice questions, answers with explanations, and flash cards.

She will be studying while on break over the Christmas holiday and really wants to pass. Does anybody have any further advice or suggestions for this exam?
(12-17-2017, 09:39 PM)Homeschoolmom6 Wrote: DD passed CLEP College Composition Modular for the first semester of English.

Her college accepts the DSST Advanced English Composition for the second semester of English.  She attempted this exam last summer cold and scored a 350. (Is this close to passing?) The exam is so new there were no books available to prepare for it.

We have now purchased the newly published PassYourClass book for DSST Principles of Advanced English Composition.  She prefers REA books with their respective online practice tests.  This book has limited instruction, 79 practice questions, answers with explanations, and flash cards.

She will be studying while on break over the Christmas holiday and really wants to pass.  Does anybody have any further advice or suggestions for this exam?

A passing score is 400.

Peterson's Master the DSST V2 book doesn't get released until March of 2018, so no official way to practice or study.  I think your best bet is to study for the CLEP exam (College Comp) and try to score high on that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest Dual Enrollment For Advanced Math the_epic_man 3 357 01-11-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Yenisei
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,563 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 783 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,396 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 758 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  English 2 Jennr2z 2 604 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,265 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 861 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English Language Teaching through to 2023 bjcheung77 0 576 12-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,151 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry