Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST How long to send to University?
About how long does it generally take to send the official transcript/scores/whatever the college needs for DSST tests? I passed my DSST exam 3 weeks ago, and no word yet. However, the CLEP exam I passed posted in about 4 days after passing it. I am being a bit antsy because it is the final three credits of my degree! Just wanted to get an idea of how long it takes from those that have had to wait.
(08-13-2018, 07:14 PM)walrus.paladin Wrote: About how long does it generally take to send the official transcript/scores/whatever the college needs for DSST tests? I passed my DSST exam 3 weeks ago, and no word yet. However, the CLEP exam I passed posted in about 4 days after passing it. I am being a bit antsy because it is the final three credits of my degree! Just wanted to get an idea of how long it takes from those that have had to wait.

Mine took a couple of weeks. DSST is extremely slow compared to CLEP. If you want, you can always give DSST a call and ask for a status update; they should be able to tell you when they were sent out. Congrats on the final credits!
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyandpass5's post:
  • Kelly Green
According to their FAQs, you can pay extra to expedite the scores:

https://getcollegecredit.com/faq

"Students have the option to expedite score reports to the school by calling over the phone to request expedited shipping (Additional fee applies)."

I took MIS yesterday and called them today, they said you can't expedite less than 48 hours from the time you took the test, so I'll be calling tomorrow to find out how much it'll be.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

I called DSST today about expediting test scores since I took the test on 8/11. They said they had already been sent last week - so within 4 or 5 days, so I didn't need to expedite them. I am checking with my college to make sure they received them.
Just a side note. It's $25 to expedite. Good thing I called, as I forgot to put the school code down when I signed up for the test.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

I was looking at my unofficial transcript earlier, and my DSST exam is showing there. It's just not updating in all the places yet. Good to know about the cost, though.
I have had nothing but trouble getting my DSST score to my University. It has now been over a a month. I have called DSST twice, as well as keep in constant contact with the testing department at the University. One says they sent it and the other received it and the other says they never received it. So I just simply wanted to have them send it again. DSST won't do that. First they want to talk to the University. I sit on hold for nearly an hour. Now the University says they might have them but they won't reveal to the DSST agent on whether or not what they received was a DSST score or it could be something else. So I have to talk to them. So I hang up with the DSST agent and then immediately call the University again. Now the lady I am supposed to call at the University who is supposed to be waiting for me to call is not answering!!!

This has been an ordeal. My last 3 credits to graduate. I am supposed to be happy and excited over the fact that I have graduated. Instead, I have pushed my summer graduation to fall now because these scores can't seem to find a way to the University.
(08-28-2018, 03:09 PM)walrus.paladin Wrote: I have had nothing but trouble getting my DSST score to my University. It has now been over a a month. I have called DSST twice, as well as keep in constant contact with the testing department at the University. One says they sent it and the other received it and the other says they never received it. So I just simply wanted to have them send it again. DSST won't do that. First they want to talk to the University. I sit on hold for nearly an hour. Now the University says they might have them but they won't reveal to the DSST agent on whether or not what they received was a DSST score or it could be something else. So I have to talk to them. So I hang up with the DSST agent and then immediately call the University again. Now the lady I am supposed to call at the University who is supposed to be waiting for me to call is not answering!!!

This has been an ordeal. My last 3 credits to graduate. I am supposed to be happy and excited over the fact that I have graduated. Instead, I have pushed my summer graduation to fall now because these scores can't seem to find a way to the University.
Wow that sounds awful! What university is this?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • Kelly Green, misskym

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 309 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,712 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,740 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 3,082 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 724 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,301 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,712 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 394 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 553 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Metropolia University Common Problems Resolved mariobros1985 21 2,579 02-24-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: therightstuff