Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DocMarvin's four Degrees Accountability Thread
Starting a new accountability thread since the previous one didn't work out (ASNSM Math/BA Math). I decided to keep the ASNSM Math since I'm almost done with it and changed my bachelor's to BS Health Services Technology to utilize majority of my military credits. Added BSBA GM but might change it to BSBA Accounting depends how I feel on those accounting courses (maybe Certificate in Accounting).

Timeline:
Graduate by June or September 2019.

Requirements:
24 sh from TESU (Military Requirements)
(3) BUS-421 - Business Administration Capstone
(3) APS-401 - Current Trends and Application
(3) TECEP - MAT-105 - Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics - Aug Term
(3) TECEP - ___________________________

Please assist me on the rest of courses I need for COMP SCI and BSBA.
I want to use the TECEPs on the easier one and does not required essays on the spot. Not good at essays so I plan on taking the Study.com course. I took the DSST to avoid essays but was unsuccessful (370/400). I need to practice to prep for the capstones.

I want to do Saylor courses as well since it is cheaper. I pretty much wants to complete all, except the CAPSTONES prior using my TA so I am on my own.

Completed all TEEX computer courses. I want to do the Saylor/CLEP/DSST. I don't have much for the BSBA Core/AOS.

Any assistance will help. Thanks!

Attached Files
.xlsx   DocMarvin 4 Degrees Journey.xlsx (Size: 22.44 KB / Downloads: 27)
Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Mathematics - 54/61  (Graduate by June 2020)
ASNSM in Computer Science - 55/61 (Graduate by June 2020)
BS in Health Services Technology - 106/120 (Graduate by December 2020)
BSBA General Management - 72/120 (Graduate by December 2020)

US Military Apprenticeship Program
Certificate in Medical Secretary - Earned in 2019
Certificate in Dental Assisting - Earned in 2019
Here you go, these are the recommendations for the ASNSM Computer Science, Math, and the BS HST... I have also added information to the BSBA using all TECEPS, if you want to use other options in the AOS, there are many using DSST/Study.com - find a most updated template from dfrecore and you're done.

(3) TECEP - CIS-107 - Computer Concepts and Applications
(3) TECEP - BIO-101 - Introduction to Biology
(3) TECEP - MAR-201 - Introduction to Marketing
(3) TECEP - MAN-373 - Managerial Communications
(3) TECEP - MAN-230 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship

These are the "easier" ones listed in the BSBA sheet.  There are options that are not highlighted in red, you can change those with whatever you find in dfrecore's template.  Mind you, you need to use 6 exams, get the easiest ones...

Attached Files
.xlsx   DocMarvin 4 Degrees Journey.xlsx (Size: 22.55 KB / Downloads: 24)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-28-2018, 09:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Here you go, these are the recommendations for the ASNSM Computer Science, Math, and the BS HST... I have also added information to the BSBA using all TECEPS, if you want to use other options in the AOS, there are many using DSST/Study.com - find a most updated template from dfrecore and you're done.

(3) TECEP - CIS-107 - Computer Concepts and Applications
(3) TECEP - BIO-101 - Introduction to Biology
(3) TECEP - MAR-201 - Introduction to Marketing
(3) TECEP - MAN-373 - Managerial Communications
(3) TECEP - MAN-230 - Introduction to Entrepreneurship

These are the "easier" ones listed in the BSBA sheet.  There are options that are not highlighted in red, you can change those with whatever you find in dfrecore's template.  Mind you, you need to use 6 exams, get the easiest ones...

Thank you! I forgot to mention, those courses that I have Straighterline next to the course, I'm currently enrolled except the Laboratories. I will be transferring back to US in August so I just want to wait until I get my permanent address for shipping the lab kit. So TECEP for Bio won't work as I am already registered for it thru SL. 

I can't believe all of the BSBA GMS can be taken via TECEP. I'm probably not gonna take all depends on the test description. Since I only need 6 to meet the requirements. I'm more of a math person. Are the acccounting TECEPs hard? I enjoy the SL format and SOPHIA. I'm not sure about Study.com. 

Thanks for filling out the rest!

For my ASNSM Math - GenEd -E. Mathematics
MAT-232 Calculus II is on my evaluation because I initially planned that back when I have both ASNSM/BA Math. I've already CLEP/ALEKS the College Algebra. I still plan to take the MAT-105 TECEP for the residency requirements, will that automatically cover the GenEd once I passed it or I have to ask the academic advising to switch that TECEP for the Calculus II on my degree plan?

"The waiver for TES-100 will not be applied to your file until after we receive an official Study.com transcript and the credit is posted to your account. Currently, the Residency Waiver fee is $1,800 but is subject to change. I hope this answers your question."

This confirms that the waiver still in effect, correct? Can't wait to mark that waived on my transcript. I have few courses that I have to finish from SL before I leave Japan next month. Subscriptions ends this month. I'll start the study.com English Comp II when I get back.

I wasn't paying attention on the Financial Aid status for the August Term. I didn't notice that I have an offer for a Pell Grant. I just accepted it today.

I registered for TECEP Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics before the deadline. I was planning on paying it today via my credit card and when I checked that I have an offer, I accepted it. It looks like my test is now covered. I have a remaining balance of $1449 on my grant. I was planning on adding more courses but I saw that it is on the Late Registration period. Will I have to pay the $150 fee per course or will the pell grant cover for it? I don't want to get this money into waste. I checked for the September term and this award doesn't cover it. Please advise.

I was told last week the pell grant was not able to be used for TECEP. I hope you are correct so i can use mine
(07-22-2018, 08:00 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: I was told last week the pell grant was not able to be used for  TECEP.    I hope you are correct so i can use mine

Looking back at my account. The TECEP was never charged. There's a $75 charged, which I am not sure what. It couldn't be the application fee since I was told before that that was already paid for when I initially applied back in 2012. I reenrolled last year. I didn't see any $114 charges for the TECEP exam so I still have to pay for it.

I just accepted a $1,524 Pell Grant and it looks like it is only for the August term. During this late registration, will the pell grant covers for the late fee? Or if I don't use this, will I get that refunded and used it for the next term?

I am busy packing out for my move out of Japan. I will also be busy with my check-in process, search for a new place, and other life events.

How should I go for this? Maybe TES-100. I was hoping to get this waived later on once I do a course from SDC. My concern is, I don't want to waste this pell grant for not using it.

(07-22-2018, 09:24 PM)docmarvin Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 08:00 PM)Jimmy999 Wrote: I was told last week the pell grant was not able to be used for  TECEP.    I hope you are correct so i can use mine

Looking back at my account. The TECEP was never charged. There's a $75 charged, which I am not sure what. It couldn't be the application fee since I was told before that that was already paid for when I initially applied back in 2012. I reenrolled last year. I didn't see any $114 charges for the TECEP exam so I still have to pay for it.

I just accepted a $1,524 Pell Grant and it looks like it is only for the August term. During this late registration, will the pell grant covers for the late fee? Or if I don't use this, will I get that refunded and used it for the next term?

I am busy packing out for my move out of Japan. I will also be busy with my check-in process, search for a new place, and other life events.

How should I go for this? Maybe TES-100. I was hoping to get this waived later on once I do a course from SDC. My concern is, I don't want to waste this pell grant for not using it.

TESU recently changed their prices for TECEP's so if it's a LL exam, then it would be $75.  That might be it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • docmarvin
(07-22-2018, 11:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 09:24 PM)docmarvin Wrote:

TESU recently changed their prices for TECEP's so if it's a LL exam, then it would be $75.  That might be it.

I see! Nice. That's the only course I registered for Aug Term.

2018-2019 Tuition and Fees
For non-nursing undergraduate degree programs only (effective Oct. 1, 2017 through Sept. 30, 2018)Application fee: $75

Active Duty Military Tuition (per credit): $250 per credit

Lower Level TECEP Exams (100-200): $25 per credit
Upper Level TECEP Exams (300-400): $75 per credit

Graduation fee: $332

This got me excited. Lower levels are $75/tecep while Upper Level will be $225/tecep. I only need 24 credits for residency. It will be way cheaper to take TECEP instead of paying residency course.

Haven't had an update for awhile. 

Completed:
POS-110 American Gov't (3sh)
BIO-213 Anatomy and Physiology II without Lab (3sh)
ACC-101 Principles of Financial Accounting (3sh)
TES-100 Cornerstone: Lifelong Learning Strategies (1sh)

In Progress:

Straighterline
ACC-102 Accounting II
ACC-201 Intermediate Accounting I
LAW-201 Business Law
BIO-101 Introduction to Biology
MAT-231 Calculus I
ECO-111 Macroeconomics

TESU
MAR-201-TE Introduction to Marketing (February Term)
CIS-107-TE Computer Concepts and Applications (February Term)
ENC-102 English Composition II (March Term)

**Any advice on the two TECEPs? I plan on taking CIS-107 test at the end of February, and MAR-201 at the end of March. I found a cheap  books for the CIS-107. How should I prep fot the MAR-201? I've heard it is easy so I signed up for it. I don't see any textbook on the test description.

I missed the DSST Advanced English Comp test by few questions. I decided to take the online course since I needed to have a GPA (currently at 0.00 with and F from the courses I took years ago that I didn't know will affect for GPA calculation) and also, I really need to get my writing skills back to prep for the Capstone. 

Utilizing Military TA for both TECEPs and ENC-102. Hoping to finish all four degrees by December 2019, or at least both ASNSM by September 2019.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,382 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,202 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Multiple Degrees Policy natshar 24 1,481 08-28-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 732 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Multiple Degrees, Higher Pay? techmama 10 935 03-21-2023, 10:40 PM
  Are some BSBA areas of study now being awarded as BS degrees? TopHatWombat 7 842 12-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BSBA CIS + BACS Dual Degrees scottlefoll 10 1,788 08-19-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  TESU multiple degrees policy rachel83az 23 2,975 02-08-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Graduation Application for multiple degrees? elenlushk 4 1,042 12-12-2021, 10:32 PM
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 819 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az