Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DocMarvin's four Degrees Accountability Thread
I had no idea TA paid for TECP. I'll have to keep that in mind.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(01-28-2019, 12:34 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I had no idea TA paid for TECP. I'll have to keep that in mind.

This is the first time I am using it. It went through and got authorized by VEC. My TA approver called me to confirm if I got the price right. They are use to approve $750 tuition vice $75. When you apply for TA, choose credit-by-exam. With the cap in credits (16sh) out of the way, we can maximize our $4500 TA benefit.
Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Mathematics - 54/61  (Graduate by June 2020)
ASNSM in Computer Science - 55/61 (Graduate by June 2020)
BS in Health Services Technology - 106/120 (Graduate by December 2020)
BSBA General Management - 72/120 (Graduate by December 2020)

US Military Apprenticeship Program
Certificate in Medical Secretary - Earned in 2019
Certificate in Dental Assisting - Earned in 2019
[-] The following 1 user Likes docmarvin's post:
  • ROYISAGIRL
(01-28-2019, 02:21 PM)docmarvin Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 12:34 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I had no idea TA paid for TECP. I'll have to keep that in mind.

This is the first time I am using it. It went through and got authorized by VEC. My TA approver called me to confirm if I got the price right. They are use to approve $750 tuition vice $75. When you apply for TA, choose credit-by-exam. With the cap in credits (16sh) out of the way, we can maximize our $4500 TA benefit.
Woot thanks!
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

So I am signed up for the ENC-102 for March term. I went to the MBS Direct and when I search for the course, it says that there is "No Text Required For This Course".

***This is what I saw on the TESU website:

Required Textbook

• Margo Martin and Charles Smires, Research for Writers: Advanced English Composition,revised 2nd ed. (Dubuque, Iowa: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company, 2014).
ISBN-13: 978-1524907860

Reference Handbook

• Diana Hacker and Barbara Fister, Research and Documentation in the Digital Age: 2016 MLA update, 6th edition (Boston: Bedford/St.Martin's, 2015).
ISBN-13:  978-1319083502

Do I have to purchase these books or not? I can't find a cheap one even for a used book. If it is not required, I won't buy it. Please assist. Thanks!

DocMarvin, I highly recommend taking the TECEP for your English II instead of taking the course. There are other ways to bring up the GPA if needed for grad school or for personal enrichment reasons. I assume you just registered for the English course in the last week or so...

Hmm, if you want to get two quick associates, you may want to re-evaluate which ones... ASNSM's don't require capstones...
Logon to TESU OSS and in the What If, change it to the AAS Environmental, Safety, Technology degree and see how far it has gone for you (note, chose the second choice as the first choice gives errors). This terminal degree takes practically "all" the lower level sciences, it may only be missing the "AS capstone".

This is my recommendation, 1 ASNSM/1 AAS EST and the BSBA and BS HST you wanted. I noticed your BS HST requires just an elective HST course, the AS capstone should hit that spot! You should email TESU advising and ask if that does or if you require an UL elective for that final course. If they allow it, change your English Comp II to the AS Capstone course and take the TECEP instead. It will raise your GPA the same way if needed...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-28-2019, 03:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: DocMarvin, I highly recommend taking the TECEP for your English II instead of taking the course.  There are other ways to bring up the GPA if needed for grad school or for personal enrichment reasons.  I assume you just registered for the English course in the last week or so...

Hmm, if you want to get two quick associates, you may want to re-evaluate which ones... ASNSM's don't require capstones...
Logon to TESU OSS and in the What If, change it to the AAS Environmental, Safety, Technology degree and see how far it has gone for you (note, chose the second choice as the first choice gives errors).  This terminal degree takes practically "all" the lower level sciences, it may only be missing the "AS capstone".

This is my recommendation, 1 ASNSM/1 AAS EST and the BSBA and BS HST you wanted.  I noticed your BS HST requires just an elective HST course, the AS capstone should hit that spot!  You should email TESU advising and ask if that does or if you require an UL elective for that final course.  If they allow it, change your English Comp II to the AS Capstone course and take the TECEP instead.  It will raise your GPA the same way if needed...

For the AS EST:

It says I will have to take the ff:

-CIS-107-TE (Natural World) I guess since I'm already signed up for it even though I have courses that can be apply here.
-5 more credits for the AAS EST
-Associate Capstone.

I am still required to take 12 credits residency for the AS Degree. I have two courses (6 credits) to offset that I failed. I've already contacted academic advising. Retaking those will come out of my pocket as it is not part of my current program currently approved to use TA.

I completed HST Electives. All left are the ff:
-A&P II Lab
-Biology (SL - Scheduled Final Exam)
-Chemistry w/ Lab (**Any suggestion cheapest option? TESU won't accept SL Chemistry I but they accepts the Lab portion. I'm not a fan of Saylor.org**)
-ENC-102
-APS-401 Current Trends

The AAS in Military Technology Leadership, I've only need the APS-295 Capstone. I am wondering if, I get my Computer Science changed to this, do you think I can asked for the SOS-110 to be added on the degree plan vice TES-100 that I currently completed. It is one of the two courses that I failed that I need to improve (Failed back in January 2013, due to abandonment instead of withdrawing. Personal issues that time).

for the residency requirement:
(3) MAT-105
(1) TES-100
(3) CIS-107
(3) MAR-201
(3) APS-295
(3) SOS-110 (if I can get this one switch with TES-100)

GPA
- SOS-110 (F)
- MAT-270 (F)
- APS-295

*I feel like I still need to take the ENC-102 vice TECEP. Not confident on my writing skills.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,385 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,203 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Multiple Degrees Policy natshar 24 1,481 08-28-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pursuing multiple TESU degrees; residency/RA requirements? bruh 8 732 06-11-2023, 03:04 AM
  Multiple Degrees, Higher Pay? techmama 10 935 03-21-2023, 10:40 PM
  Are some BSBA areas of study now being awarded as BS degrees? TopHatWombat 7 843 12-06-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BSBA CIS + BACS Dual Degrees scottlefoll 10 1,788 08-19-2022, 03:50 PM
Last Post: scottlefoll
  TESU multiple degrees policy rachel83az 23 2,977 02-08-2022, 06:21 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Graduation Application for multiple degrees? elenlushk 4 1,042 12-12-2021, 10:32 PM
  Easy associate degrees at TESU, while obtaining Psych degree. OliviasDad 4 821 11-16-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az